MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

You apparently also need to get back on your meds. You have a short memory.

and one more thing..... HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU SAY THAT I THREATEND YOU????

..... Tell me, where do you work? I'm sure I can find a reason to call you out on your job! .....

Or perhaps you don't consider that a threat. Either way you are obviously messed up man. Could explain your near sightedness on the coach issue.

This ends the banter Mr. worlhead

Now, back to the disrespect! The "genius" play you call is not only disrespectful to McMinn, to your city and to the game...it is disrespectful to your team. Whether you agree with it or not, that last 2 minutes of the game will be the defining moments of the senior class and all the team worked for this year. I or anyone who reads the papers about or is told about this game can't tell you what any of those players did during the regular season...but they can all tell you how it ended! Disrespecting the game bit DB in the butt last night and I hope that bite stings.

Overconfident players on the field + overconfident fans who forget that a football game is 4 quarters + the "genuis" coach who brought them all there = The only thing playing next week....ONE heckuva BAND!

If a play is legal, how can it be disrespectful? If you don't like it, that's your problem. I call it disrespectful when #77 from McMinn blatantly tried to remove a DB player's helmet without unsnapping the chinstrap. That's not legal, and yes he was flagged for it, but should have been ejected. To be honest, I and many other people from Kingsport who know these kids and how great they are could care less what you think.

Yes, McMinn won the game because they didn't give up, and I sing the praises of their players and coaches for that. Especially the QB, because he was looking out of his earhole all night because your line couldn't block a boys and girls club team. The only thing that saved you was that our defense couldn't tackle a boys and girls club team in the second half.

For whatever reason, we decided to play to preserve the lead instead of attacking, just as we have all year. That is why McMinn got the W. Enjoy the win, your players deserve it. Just stop your whining about the plays at the end of the game. They were legal.

If a play is legal, how can it be disrespectful? If you don't like it, that's your problem. I call it disrespectful when #77 from McMinn blatantly tried to remove a DB player's helmet without unsnapping the chinstrap. That's not legal, and yes he was flagged for it, but should have been ejected. To be honest, I and many other people from Kingsport who know these kids and how great they are could care less what you think.

Yes, McMinn won the game because they didn't give up, and I sing the praises of their players and coaches for that. Especially the QB, because he was looking out of his earhole all night because your line couldn't block a boys and girls club team. The only thing that saved you was that our defense couldn't tackle a boys and girls club team in the second half.

For whatever reason, we decided to play to preserve the lead instead of attacking, just as we have all year. That is why McMinn got the W. Enjoy the win, your players deserve it. Just stop your whining about the plays at the end of the game. They were legal.

Im going to go out on a limb and agree with the McMinn people. It was a disrespectful play call. You can bet there will be a rule against it next year. The real sad part is as a team you would be put in a position to have to fall back on a play like that.

I would say that U R full of s---.Like WaCo said go back to ur other screen name.Coach Watson can run TN defense easy. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Is that expert enough for U ? Is that U tpoole12 or 03 whatever U R today.Go dust off some of them old William Blount plaques.hehehe Tennessee should be looking at George Quarles at Maryville. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

plowboy2

I dont know who stepped on your%$# but I can assure you it wasn't me. I do not have any other screen names, never have, never will. Don't flatter yourself thinking I would bother to post on your DB threads at any time other than when we are playing.. I just happened to check this thread to offer Tribefan congratulations and saw this BS post of yours on quoted page 23.. I've enjoyed the banter with most of the DB fans in the past but it never occurred to me that you were such an #$$. I watched Greenback play last night and was listening to your game along with Farragut . I was shocked that DB couldn't finish. I thought you all was better than McMinn..

So in the future if you think I'm stalking your thread your WRONG. My screen is my first initial and my last name. If you want to talk to me just check the phone # in Blount Co. I'm easy to find.

tpoole12

Oh yeah... speaking of old plaques... You should know about those... Thats what DB's got... ain't done nothing lately...

I know it gets under the skin of many DB fans but we deserve all this heckling coming in from every direction. Last night was probably the lowest point ever for DB football. From the players to the coaches. In a nut shell it was a major breakdown from top to bottom. The players gave up in the forth quarter and it was probably the worst coaching job you will ever see. Don't jump on me for saying that because Clark admits it. We can say our coaching staff is the best in the state till the cows come home but that will never win you a playoff game. We saw this comming several weeks ago but kept comming up with reasons why it would change come playoff time. Some thought Clark was holding back because he didn't want to reveal to much about the team. I kept hearing him say in post game interviews that he didn't think he did a very good job coaching the team, so I kept thinking we would see a different game plan the next week. But week after week there was never a change. Its almost like he never learns from his mistakes. Clark used to be a good coach and I think he still could be. And please don't throw that win loss record at me. It really means nothing if you can't win in the playoffs. DB needs to hire a offensive cordinator from the outside, and hire a good one. Lets face it GC is just not very good at calling plays. DB is now the official laughing stock of high schooll football.

One more thing. If another sportswriter from any part of the state ever votes a DB #1 again your a IDIOT!

Remember that!

Thats the best post you have ever put on here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I find it very ironic that a DB fan is defending their players/play calling. Just like the blocks JeffCo used on you all night long were legal and all you did was wimper and whine about it. I see'em every game I watch.

LEGAL OR NOT THE PLAY WAS A DISGRACE TO THE SCHOOL, THE PLAYERS, THE COMMUNITY, AND FOOTBALL AS A WHOLE. IF MCMINN #77 DID THAT TO A DB PLAYER, THAT WAS WRONG AS WELL. BUT IF THE ROLES HAD BEEN REVERSED (ALTHOUGH I PRAY COACH CAGLE WOULD NEVER STOOP TO THAT LEVEL) WHAT WOULD DB PLAYERS HAVE DONE??? IM SURE THE RETALIATION WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME.

LEGAL OR NOT THE PLAY WAS A DISGRACE TO THE SCHOOL, THE PLAYERS, THE COMMUNITY, AND FOOTBALL AS A WHOLE. IF MCMINN #77 DID THAT TO A DB PLAYER, THAT WAS WRONG AS WELL. BUT IF THE ROLES HAD BEEN REVERSED (ALTHOUGH I PRAY COACH CAGLE WOULD NEVER STOOP TO THAT LEVEL) WHAT WOULD DB PLAYERS HAVE DONE??? IM SURE THE RETALIATION WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME.

Your right cherokeefan. Im a DB fan and I have to agree with you on this one. That play was a disgrace and Coach Clark should appologise to your coaches and to your team.

You seem to be leaving out the parts that the Kingsport news is also leaving out.

The punter is allowed to run around in the end zone because the Mcminn players had been tackled and held to the ground, some by means of being held around the head area and other means from which I was told by players but did not actually see...it was chaotic. To say that they were just being pinned to the ground would be an insult to your own intelligence. The first time it happened resulted in off setting penalties because a Mcminn player retaliated. The Mcminn radio play-by-play first reported it as an all out brawl but then realized that the DB players were holding them down.

This resulted in a replay of the down in which...guess what...it happened again only this time Mcminn held their tempers. Punter runs thru back of endzone for a safety.

It was a legal play on paper, the rule should be changed to reset the clock or something so that this is never an option for a desperate team and coach again. The execution of the play, however, was one of the dirtiest things I have ever witnessed in a football game. I would almost bet anything that the words "hold them down by any means necessary" were used in that DB huddle during the timeout.

As I stated in an earlier post, it was a true defining moment in what that school is all about and how those players and coaches will be remembered. But then again, they are just doing as they are told...but it's odd how funny the people in the stadium thought it was...AT THE TIME! Must be all the chemicals in the air.

Right or wrong the holding everyone/safety play was a play of desperation. DB dominated the first half of play and tried to play not to lose instead of playing to win in the 2nd half. Sorry if that play made you upset, but it was legal. Just thank the good lord our head coach can't ever put together 4 qts to finish a game or the final is probably 42-10 DB. Be glad you are on to the 2nd round and good luck. Roll Cherokees Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!