MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

I agree with some of that.

Sounds like a wild night in the far east. I must say I was surprised to see DB had lost. I have tried to read the posts and understand just what exactly happened with the "wild play" and all the punching, but have not been able to figure it out. Maybe you just had to be there, but could someone explain just what went down?

Sounds like a bunch of great young men playing their hearts out on the field.

Sorry about your lost DB-I know it hearts like heck..Congrats to MC.

Sounds like a wild night in the far east. I must say I was surprised to see DB had lost. I have tried to read the posts and understand just what exactly happened with the "wild play" and all the punching, but have not been able to figure it out. Maybe you just had to be there, but could someone explain just what went down?

Sounds like a bunch of great young men playing their hearts out on the field.

Sorry about your lost DB-I know it hearts like heck..Congrats to MC.

i will try to explain what happened. right at minute left to play db was punting out of their own end zone. when the ball was snapped the punter never punted the ball, instead he ran around in the endzone eating the clock. the rest of the db players tackled mcminn's players one on one and held them on the ground as long as possible. there arms were wrapped around mcminns player's legs. mcminn could not move. it wasn't just 1 or 2 or 3 players...it was EVERY guy out there. they were all lying on the ground holding on trying to waste the clock as long as possible. it looked like wrestlers. mcminn had guys doing whatever they could to free their legs, some even threw a punch or two...finally, a mcminn a player (drew massingale) got free and pushed the punter out of the end zone. ok, flags were thrown, the refs took forever to try and figure out what to do...it appeared they weren't even sure. they ended up saying penalities off set one another, replay the 4th down. THEY DO THE SAME THING AGAIN, but this time McMinn's Case Roberts...fastest guy on the team got by his man and tackled the punter for the safety!! GO TRIBE!! by then there were only a few seconds left, mcminn was behind by 3...they finally kicked off and delano ellison runs it back for TOUCHDOWN!!!! db's "great plan" bit them in the butt. sorry DB fANS but the better guys won last night. some may not think they were the better overall athletes, but they were by far the better guys...more heart, more fire, more drive, more pride in WINNING THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY. hope the explanation helps!!!!

Score = DB 24-MC 19

Game Clock = 67 seconds

Possesion = DB

Line of scrimmage = DB's 12

Down = 4

Play = Long snap to the punter standing in the endzone punter runs around takes time off the clock and takes a safety.

Result = 7 seconds off clock>>> off-setting penalties replay down.

Play = Long snap to the punter standing in the endzone punter runs around takes time off the clock and takes a safety.

Result = 6 seconds off the game clock>>> Penalty on DB

Score = DB 24 - MC 21

Play = Free Kick with 50 seconds left

Result = 80 yard kick return>>> TD

Score = DB 24 MC 28

***All times and yardage estimated.

You seem to be leaving out the parts that the Kingsport news is also leaving out.

The punter is allowed to run around in the end zone because the Mcminn players had been tackled and held to the ground, some by means of being held around the head area and other means from which I was told by players but did not actually see...it was chaotic. To say that they were just being pinned to the ground would be an insult to your own intelligence. The first time it happened resulted in off setting penalties because a Mcminn player retaliated. The Mcminn radio play-by-play first reported it as an all out brawl but then realized that the DB players were holding them down.

This resulted in a replay of the down in which...guess what...it happened again only this time Mcminn held their tempers. Punter runs thru back of endzone for a safety.

It was a legal play on paper, the rule should be changed to reset the clock or something so that this is never an option for a desperate team and coach again. The execution of the play, however, was one of the dirtiest things I have ever witnessed in a football game. I would almost bet anything that the words "hold them down by any means necessary" were used in that DB huddle during the timeout.

As I stated in an earlier post, it was a true defining moment in what that school is all about and how those players and coaches will be remembered. But then again, they are just doing as they are told...but it's odd how funny the people in the stadium thought it was...AT THE TIME! Must be all the chemicals in the air.

i will try to explain what happened. right at minute left to play db was punting out of their own end zone. when the ball was snapped the punter never punted the ball, instead he ran around in the endzone eating the clock. the rest of the db players tackled mcminn's players one on one and held them on the ground as long as possible. there arms were wrapped around mcminns player's legs. mcminn could not move. it wasn't just 1 or 2 or 3 players...it was EVERY guy out there. they were all lying on the ground holding on trying to waste the clock as long as possible. it looked like wrestlers. mcminn had guys doing whatever they could to free their legs, some even threw a punch or two...finally, a mcminn a player (drew massingale) got free and pushed the punter out of the end zone. ok, flags were thrown, the refs took forever to try and figure out what to do...it appeared they weren't even sure. they ended up saying penalities off set one another, replay the 4th down. THEY DO THE SAME THING AGAIN, but this time McMinn's Case Roberts...fastest guy on the team got by his man and tackled the punter for the safety!! GO TRIBE!! by then there were only a few seconds left, mcminn was behind by 3...they finally punt the ball and delano ellison runs it back for TOUCHDOWN!!!! db's "great plan" bit them in the foot sorry, DB but the better guys won last night. some may not think they were the better overall athletes, but they were by far the better guys...more heart, more fire, more drive, more pride in WINNING THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY. hope the explanation helps!!!!

WOW! Hey great play by play, I see what happened now. Can certainly understand their frustration. I guess they weren't counting on a MC touchdown..Congrats Mcminn County on a hard fought win.

To the young men at Dobbins Bennett..I know your hearts are broken, but sounds like you fought your heart out to win.

What colleges are recruiting the McMinn Co. kicker?

From what I remember from talking to his dad back when we played them, he's leaning towards going to Western Kentucky. A number of Sun Belt level and FCS schools were recruiting him. He is one of the top kickers that I have seen in my 25 years of involvement in high school football.

I would say that U R full of s---.Like WaCo said go back to ur other screen name.Coach Watson can run TN defense easy. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Is that expert enough for U ? Is that U tpoole12 or 03 whatever U R today.Go dust off some of them old William Blount plaques.hehehe Tennessee should be looking at George Quarles at Maryville. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

George Quarles at Maryville ??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

George is great high school coach, but not an SEC level coach.

Maybe a Division 2 coach at best for now.

You seem to be leaving out the parts that the Kingsport news is also leaving out.

The punter is allowed to run around in the end zone because the Mcminn players had been tackled and held to the ground, some by means of being held around the head area and other means from which I was told by players but did not actually see...it was chaotic. To say that they were just being pinned to the ground would be an insult to your own intelligence. The first time it happened resulted in off setting penalties because a Mcminn player retaliated. The Mcminn radio play-by-play first reported it as an all out brawl but then realized that the DB players were holding them down.

This resulted in a replay of the down in which...guess what...it happened again only this time Mcminn held their tempers. Punter runs thru back of endzone for a safety.

It was a legal play on paper, the rule should be changed to reset the clock or something so that this is never an option for a desperate team and coach again. The execution of the play, however, was one of the dirtiest things I have ever witnessed in a football game. I would almost bet anything that the words "hold them down by any means necessary" were used in that DB huddle during the timeout.

As I stated in an earlier post, it was a true defining moment in what that school is all about and how those players and coaches will be remembered. But then again, they are just doing as they are told...but it's odd how funny the people in the stadium thought it was...AT THE TIME! Must be all the chemicals in the air.

Sorry, I wasn't actually at the game just going by what was said on the radio. It sounds like GC was getting a little creative, probably been better to just punt the ball.

From what I remember from talking to his dad back when we played them, he's leaning towards going to Western Kentucky. A number of Sun Belt level and FCS schools were recruiting him. He is one of the top kickers that I have seen in my 25 years of involvement in high school football.

From what I saw of him in pregame warm ups and his play during the game, from a place kicker only perspective, Tennessee would be making a mistake not to swallow him up. Athens is right in the Volunteers back yard.

I know it gets under the skin of many DB fans but we deserve all this heckling coming in from every direction. Last night was probably the lowest point ever for DB football. From the players to the coaches. In a nut shell it was a major breakdown from top to bottom. The players gave up in the forth quarter and it was probably the worst coaching job you will ever see. Don't jump on me for saying that because Clark admits it. We can say our coaching staff is the best in the state till the cows come home but that will never win you a playoff game. We saw this comming several weeks ago but kept comming up with reasons why it would change come playoff time. Some thought Clark was holding back because he didn't want to reveal to much about the team. I kept hearing him say in post game interviews that he didn't think he did a very good job coaching the team, so I kept thinking we would see a different game plan the next week. But week after week there was never a change. Its almost like he never learns from his mistakes. Clark used to be a good coach and I think he still could be. And please don't throw that win loss record at me. It really means nothing if you can't win in the playoffs. DB needs to hire a offensive cordinator from the outside, and hire a good one. Lets face it GC is just not very good at calling plays. DB is now the official laughing stock of high schooll football.

One more thing. If another sportswriter from any part of the state ever votes a DB #1 again your a IDIOT!

Remember that!

I know it gets under the skin of many DB fans but we deserve all this heckling coming in from every direction. Last night was probably the lowest point ever for DB football. From the players to the coaches. In a nut shell it was a major breakdown from top to bottom. The players gave up in the forth quarter and it was probably the worst coaching job you will ever see. Don't jump on me for saying that because Clark admits it. We can say our coaching staff is the best in the state till the cows come home but that will never win you a playoff game. We saw this comming several weeks ago but kept comming up with reasons why it would change come playoff time. Some thought Clark was holding back because he didn't want to reveal to much about the team. I kept hearing him say in post game interviews that he didn't think he did a very good job coaching the team, so I kept thinking we would see a different game plan the next week. But week after week there was never a change. Its almost like he never learns from his mistakes. Clark used to be a good coach and I think he still could be. And please don't throw that win loss record at me. It really means nothing if you can't win in the playoffs. DB needs to hire a offensive cordinator from the outside, and hire a good one. Lets face it GC is just not very good at calling plays. DB is now the official laughing stock of high schooll football.

One more thing. If another sportswriter from any part of the state ever votes a DB #1 again your a IDIOT!

Remember that!

I agree with you 100% - there I said it! I'll take the heckling but personal attacks are another matter.