MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

LEGAL OR NOT THE PLAY WAS A DISGRACE TO THE SCHOOL, THE PLAYERS, THE COMMUNITY, AND FOOTBALL AS A WHOLE. IF MCMINN #77 DID THAT TO A DB PLAYER, THAT WAS WRONG AS WELL. BUT IF THE ROLES HAD BEEN REVERSED (ALTHOUGH I PRAY COACH CAGLE WOULD NEVER STOOP TO THAT LEVEL) WHAT WOULD DB PLAYERS HAVE DONE??? IM SURE THE RETALIATION WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME.

I am sure alot of people here in Kingsport agree with that.If that had been done to DB we would still be complaining about it,like you and others are doing.Its not the way football was meant to be.But the players were only doing what they were told to do.I thought it was Bush League .It was called hitting the panic button.All DB needed was a first down and get thru the game.They could have kicked the ball out of bounds and went on D.A field goal would have tied it.(by the way McMinn has a great kicker) Putting a bulls eye on your back by the AP poll ,and being overrated as our friends around here tell us (which we were) and players being overconfident,set us up for this loss ever year.These posts remind me of sharks circling the water for the kill.Well its done.Sorry for the Mcminn people who came to our nice facilities and were treated unfairly.The new field and alumni Field House sure can't win you ballgames,that was proven last night and probably in the future.Maybe we are arrogant as our county folks tell us .Best of luck to McMinn Co. next week against Farragut,wish we had a shot at them.Region 2 really is the best in TN.

For you DB fans out there, we Oak Ridge fans still love our rivalry and just about everything else about your football program. It's tough to go 10-0 and lose in the playoffs but would you rather be in our shoes with a 4-6 record? Only the second losing season in 60 years. It hurts me to read these post because we didn't even make the playoffs. Enjoy the ride you had and don't take it for granted because just four seasons ago we were playing in the title game and look where we are now. Good Luck next year and good luck to McMinn!!

Whine about the play, the calls, the players or anything else . Im not gonna bash McMinn Co. either. They came to play 4 qtrs and their coach exposed DBs horrible secondary for all it was worth. The QB threw wounded ducks all night long and completed them to receivers that only had to stand and wait on the ball....ALL NIGHT LONG

CLARK NEEDS TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CALL PLAYS UNDER PRESSURE. HE CANT. THATS BEEN A PROVEN FACT SINCE THE EARLY 90s. He's a great coach, and a great guy...but he's not ever gonna win the big game unless he gets somebody to call the plays. SOOOOOOOOOOO THERE IT IS LIKE IT OR NOT. Get someone else to call the plays, or be content going 2 rounds at the most....EVERY YEAR. Now I know what a CUB'S fan feels like...well maybe next year. . . . . BUT NOT WITH CLARK CALLING THE PLAYS.

You apparently also need to get back on your meds. You have a short memory.

Or perhaps you don't consider that a threat. Either way you are obviously messed up man. Could explain your near sightedness on the coach issue.

This ends the banter Mr. worlhead

So, what's your name? I'm sorry, but I must have missed the post where you told it! You know who I am, Why won't you tell us who you are? Oh.............. I forgot..... you have to hide behind a screen name!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I am sure alot of people here in Kingsport agree with that.If that had been done to DB we would still be complaining about it,like you and others are doing.Its not the way football was meant to be.But the players were only doing what they were told to do.I thought it was Bush League .It was called hitting the panic button.All DB needed was a first down and get thru the game.They could have kicked the ball out of bounds and went on D.A field goal would have tied it.(by the way McMinn has a great kicker) Putting a bulls eye on your back by the AP poll ,and being overrated as our friends around here tell us (which we were) and players being overconfident,set us up for this loss ever year.These posts remind me of sharks circling the water for the kill.Well its done.Sorry for the Mcminn people who came to our nice facilities and were treated unfairly.The new field and alumni Field House sure can't win you ballgames,that was proven last night and probably in the future.Maybe we are arrogant as our county folks tell us .Best of luck to McMinn Co. next week against Farragut,wish we had a shot at them.Region 2 really is the best in TN.

thank you for your kind words. although we came out on top, i do envy your program. you could feel the school pride as you entered the gates. that is something we lack at mcminn. our student body does not seem to rally around our team. even our band showed no pride in how they were dressed!they were without uniform last night!! that amazes me. even though they are small, they should still look unified. street clothes looked pitiful and embarassed me as well as other fans. you guys have a lot going for you. i do realize the kids were only doing what they were told, as they should. as mad i was after the game i felt sorry for the players that remained face down on the field. it was evident they were heartbroken. but...i did not feel sorry for the coaches. i agree with with a previous post, this will be a sad memory for the seniors. not so much that they lost, but how they lost. we at mcminn do have a tough game next week, we have improved since we last played the admirals. maybe we will come out on top. thanks again for your kindness. go tribe!!!!!

what really made the play great is that it worked to perfection. earlier someone said that the play took off 7 seconds, in actuality it took of 28 seconds. thats right 28 SECONDS. joe doran ran from the middle of the field to one side of the end zone to the other side of the endzone and then back. It was an incredibly entertaining play i would have just loved to see the indians pull that one out. Great year though.

ROLL TRIBE.... almost basketball time

DB whooped our butts in the first half, BUT you have to play a whole game. Through this whole year, besides science hill, tell me when DB had to play a whole game...they've not. That's why they were getting wore out in the fourth quarter, bc they were just flat WORE OUT, not conditioned for the game. Their defensive line never stopped coming, but we made enough plays to get in the right position. The only reason DB coaches called the punt bs was because they knew they were beat. They were scared enough of our boys to try the bull crap, backyard trash that they did. Oh well, when delano got that kick return, he was not going to be denied. Didn't hurt that DB was so tired that they couldn't tackle him on the kick return either! I'm proud of our team for not giving up and proud of our region for getting the sweep and showing how weak region 1 is. Sorry but its the truth

Again Congrats to McMinn. Both teams showed frustration more then once. It comes with the game. I promise you though that DB does not or would not on purpose try to do something cheap. Maybe that play came across that way, but it was legal. Ask other teams through the years, Oak Ridge, MBA, Maryville, Science Hill, etc; DB plays, wins and losses with class. They pride themselves on it. Trapback is right about region1 compared to region2, they are weaker, but it has not always been like that. And DB has not always been upset early like recently (actually, not really much of an upset, just the media, DB fans know region 2 is a beast) 98,2000, 2002 were prime years for DB, though a few years back; things will swing back. Sevier Co won state in 99. Science Hill is on the rise, South is rising, Jeff Co has talent and the largest student body along with their national rankings of past, region 1 and DB will rise again. Remember, it was not too long ago that only Oak Ridge in region 2 was a threat and Ooltewah, WB, McMinn, Farragut, etc were all in the same boat. Go to www.tssaa.org and see the history, of late region 2 has been great, but not always, and not so long ago they had only Oak Ridge.

Back to DB, we have to open it up more. We beat teams in the past by 50 and made the semis every other year. DB plays conservative and almost like we know what is coming. I feel like DB never got the full use out of the passing game against McMinn or many other teams we played. Too much rode on Sensabaugh who is a stud, but we had so many weapons. Oh well, I still am a huge fan and I hope McMinn pulls the upset at Farragut. True fans that follow the game know that McMinn beating Farragut would be a bigger upset then McMinn beating DB. Thanks to the media for putting a target on a team I felt was talented, but not #1. Media gives all the opposing teams a reason to play DB like it is a super bowl. Please stop it. And as I have said before, it is not so much east tn media, the vote what they know, it is middle and west media that don't vote for their local teams that allow the eastern votes to fill in for their non votes that put DB #1. I am tired of it. It does nothing good for the state. Middle and west get off your lazy butts and vote for your local teams.

Im going to go out on a limb and agree with the McMinn people. It was a disrespectful play call. You can bet there will be a rule against it next year. The real sad part is as a team you would be put in a position to have to fall back on a play like that.

I think there is a rule now. It is holding on the offense. The ref crew blew it.

If particularly egregious, which it sounds like it was, it could be unsportsmanlike conduct. Again, the refs blew it.

Ah....the ole smell of Fans acting as AD's or School Directors. This reminds me of UT's situation with Dr. Phil F. Although I agree with the Fulmer issue, just not how some so-called fans are clamoring that he is leaving.....high school football is a different animal. I do not know if there needs to be a coaching change at DB. What I do know and support is that Coach Clark has always had EVERY kids' best interest at heart. What is his graduation rate? scholarship % for football athletes? Does anyone think about what he has done for the kids over 25+ years, even as an assistant under Ted Wilson? It seems that everyone talks about DB not being able to win. Do your homework and you will find that noone this side of Knoxville has won a State title since Jefferson County in 1987 and TN High did it back-to-back in 1971-72. At UT, a season ticket holder has the right to fuss because the prices are outrageous. There is a reason your tickets at the high school level are only $6, $7 for playoffs. Fans are supposed to go and support their team and have a good time doing so. What this site has become is a "Let's bash the coaching staff and other teams" portal for some that can, and do, hide behind fake screen names. There's no hiding of my name to those who know me, and those who care...my name is Henry Stokely (class of 1987). I am proud to be a DB alumni and a few DB whiners do not speak for the majority of fans, just as there are few fans at every school who show their rears when things don't go as they think it should. Each year at basketball time, I travel to Tennessee High at Viking Hall and see something that every fan should take note and see if you have the oppotunity. There is a sign that reads (paraphrased) "Let the Fans cheer, the players play, the coaches coach, and the referees ref." Please remember that these same players, and they are just kids, get on these boards and read this junk. If you disrespect the coaching staff on here, then they may disrespect them on the field and others in life. If you have a complaint that you think is legit, then by all means, go to the AD, School Administrator, or the Coach himself and voice your opinion.