MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

The play was genius, BUT not Clark's play. It has been talked about at coaching camps for over a dozen years. It was used by a D-2 college team out west. The 2 parts that Clark did not follow were 1-put your toughest, meanest players in for the play. Be prepared for retaliation from the defense. In fact, you are told to put wrestlers in for the play if you have any on the team. Clark has a dozen including 61 and 66. Dont use #3 along with 2 more players to have to "hold" one player. 2nd part to kill time is on the kick off you "sneak" an extra player on to the field during the kick off. It is seldom noticed and it is only a 5 yard penalty for too many players on the field. Take the play or penalty and use more clock. Once again the team had more talent than the coaching staff. I have said all year Clark has 100 horses in the barn and he only rides one. When 32 came up lame it spelled defeat on Clark's playbook. Nobody could expect #15 to pull off the miracle. His self esteem had been destroyed by the great coaching staff of DB. In scrimages they would make him do push ups on the field after a play if he fumbled. NEVER once did he ever make another RB do that! Holt chewed 15 out after one play of not containing. How about the all american #14 or Clarks next door neighbor #66 when they NEVER conatined. That defensive coaching was sickening to watch. Lynn Garden and Boys Club coaches teach the DE the first rule is to contain. The real reason nobody could push the kid out of bounds on the kick off, let alone tackle, they were out of gas. Try wrestlinfg/exercising full speed for 60 seconds (the 2 punt plays) and then try to run 40 yards on the kick off! NO GAS in the tank. Clark played the same players and once again the season is over a good team. Next year very little experience since he never subs. THE ONLY WAY CLARK WILL EVER SEE THE TSSAA CHAMPIONSHIP IS BY BUYING A TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with some of that.

You need to GET A LIFE!

Yes I said it. Now come back with another lame 14 paragraph bunch of BS about how when you played your team won or something to that effect. It is an embarrasment to all DB fans for somebody like you to come on here and post such GARBAGE! Tell me, where do you work? I'm sure I can find a reason to call you out on your job! Better yet, post your name and don't be a coward and hide behind a screen name and call for a man's job! Coach Clark and his staff do the VERY BEST with the talent that they have year end and year out. If you don't like it, DON"T COME TO THE GAMES! I'm sure there are hundreds of people that would love to purchace your season tickets!

We can go as long as you want on this one!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Sounds like you're the one that needs to get a life - you testosterone is running a bit high. I would never threaten a person like you just did. The closest thing to a threat that I made was suggesting that folks talk to the school board. But it won't happen. You seem to have read more into my post than is really there. Where did I say that I was a former player, for instance? Also, my reference to "back in the day" was a reference to back in Clark's day, 5 years ago and earlier, when his justly deserved legend was built. But it's time for a change. I would be fine if he were to choose a new offensive coordinator. But something has to change. There. 1 paragraph. Are you happy? By the way coward, which DB assistant coach or parent are you? You have too much invested for your own good.

Sounds like you're the one that needs to get a life - you testosterone is running a bit high. I would never threaten a person like you just did. The closest thing to a threat that I made was suggesting that folks talk to the school board. But it won't happen. You seem to have read more into my post than is really there. Where did I say that I was a former player, for instance? Also, my reference to "back in the day" was a reference to back in Clark's day, 5 years ago and earlier, when his justly deserved legend was built. But it's time for a change. I would be fine if he were to choose a new offensive coordinator. But something has to change. There. 1 paragraph. Are you happy? By the way coward, which DB assistant coach or parent are you? You have too much invested for your own good.

This is what I love about High School football and the SEC at the next level...You have to play the game to determine the outcome and ANYTHING can happen on any given night. Congratulations Cherokees on a big win Good luck next week against a tough Knoxville area team!!!

..... Bottom line is DB came out in the second half and thought they had it won. GC could have called the same play 25 times in a row and told the other team what they were doing and beat that team if they played like they should have ......

So, tell me again how it is that you don't think THIS is all about coaching too? I can understand a parent or fan making such a naive statement. Heaven help us of you're a coach.

You call me a coward??? My real name is my screen name! I do not need to hide behind a screen name! NO, I am neither a parent or a coach, but I do have many ties to many people out there (coaching and players). I think if you will go back and read your original post, you can see why I think the way I do about it. If that is how you feel, get off of the message boards and go to the central office and turn in your resume! Because evidently you think you could do a much better job according to your post.

and one more thing..... HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU SAY THAT I THREATEND YOU????

The play in the 4th quarter by DB may not have been "Clark's play", but it was the play he called. As a football fan I could not believe my eyes, your guys were on turf, not a wrestling mat! However, as a Cherokee fan , I loved the result. Just like the old saying goes, what comes around goes around! You can't do things things like that....TWICE and think it's ok!!!!!!

We have a tough game next week, so we'll move forward and focus on the present because DB you are in the past. GO TRIBE

The play was genius, BUT not Clark's play. It has been talked about at coaching camps for over a dozen years. It was used by a D-2 college team out west. The 2 parts that Clark did not follow were 1-put your toughest, meanest players in for the play. Be prepared for retaliation from the defense. In fact, you are told to put wrestlers in for the play if you have any on the team. Clark has a dozen including 61 and 66. Dont use #3 along with 2 more players to have to "hold" one player. 2nd part to kill time is on the kick off you "sneak" an extra player on to the field during the kick off. It is seldom noticed and it is only a 5 yard penalty for too many players on the field. Take the play or penalty and use more clock.

This pretty much sums up what I took away from last nights game. When you play on a multi million dollar field, on a huge $campus$ and are "considered" the number one team in the state...you better resort to whatever tactics you can to win the game. Overconfident $team$ + overcondident $fans$ + "genius" coach = ONE heckuva BAND!

I say that because on no less than 6 occasions last night I heard DB fans/parents talking about who they were going to be playing next week and that the band would not be there because they were going to be in Indy playing in Lucas Oil stadium....and that was in the visiting bleachers which is disrespectful off the field. The disrespect on the field came later. To say the DB players were overconfident is a matter of opinion, to say that they were overrated is a matter of fact...one running back does not make you the best team in the state.

Now, back to the disrespect! The "genius" play you call is not only disrespectful to McMinn, to your city and to the game...it is disrespectful to your team. Whether you agree with it or not, that last 2 minutes of the game will be the defining moments of the senior class and all the team worked for this year. I or anyone who reads the papers about or is told about this game can't tell you what any of those players did during the regular season...but they can all tell you how it ended! Disrespecting the game bit DB in the butt last night and I hope that bite stings.

Overconfident players on the field + overconfident fans who forget that a football game is 4 quarters + the "genuis" coach who brought them all there = The only thing playing next week....ONE heckuva BAND!

Can someone explain this play to me? I am curious as to what happened, was there a penalty, who had the ball?

Score = DB 24-MC 19

Game Clock = 67 seconds

Possesion = DB

Line of scrimmage = DB's 12

Down = 4

Play = Long snap to the punter standing in the endzone punter runs around takes time off the clock and takes a safety.

Result = 7 seconds off clock>>> off-setting penalties replay down.

Play = Long snap to the punter standing in the endzone punter runs around takes time off the clock and takes a safety.

Result = 6 seconds off the game clock>>> Penalty on DB

Score = DB 24 - MC 21

Play = Free Kick with 50 seconds left

Result = 80 yard kick return>>> TD

Score = DB 24 MC 28

***All times and yardage estimated.