MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

In the words of WACJACO and DBPLOWBOY2:

DB is an absolute disgrace to region one! There should be film sent to the TSSAA to show them just how DB tried to cheat. There should be an immediate investigation to see if the coaches told these players to do such a dispecable act. These coaches should fired! This program should be put on probation.

Thanks guys, couldn't have said it better myself.

DB- We do what ever takes!!!!

I called it a bush league play great guru.At least there wasn't any low chop blocks going on like you boys from Jeff. Co. like to do. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I am done with this thread,it is a joke.Close this thing Darren.

I called it a bush league play great guru.At least there wasn't any low chop blocks going on like you boys from Jeff. Co. like to do. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I am done with this thread,it is a joke.Close this thing Darren.

I see those type of blocks every game I watch. Your stunt however, never heard of that before.

Originality-A+

Ethics- F-

DB-We do what ever it takes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Funny how all these DB fans want their own thread shut down. I say leave up!!!! And yes, just as you arrrogant works of art followed every JC thread for weeks and stirred up crap....so will I.

Anyone have film of this incident that can be posted on the net???? I'm sure we would all love to see it.

I see those type of blocks every game I watch. Your stunt however, never heard of that before.

Originality-A+

Ethics- F-

DB-We do what ever it takes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Funny how all these DB fans want their own thread shut down. I say leave up!!!! And yes, just as you arrrogant works of art followed every JC thread for weeks and stirred up crap....so will I.

Anyone have film of this incident that can be posted on the net???? I'm sure we would all love to see it.

Hey Mo-Ron. You can only beat a dead horse for so long. At some point it just becomes boring. Even I finally gave up on the Jeff. Co. dirty play game at DB. I think most DB fans agree that the play in question was a stupid move by our coaching staff, so who are you arguing with ?

The lack of football knowledge on these boards shouldn't be as remarkable to me as it is, but I guess it frames this as what it is....a "fans" board. (Read-they don't really know the game, they just have opinions). Understand this folks, the play I assume you are talking about is the taking of the safety at the end of the game. It was brilliant and EVERY team in the country that is coached at all has it in their book. The object is to intentionally hold knowing that you are giving up the two points. If you hold well, the play can take between 10 and 20 seconds off of the clock. If the other team is, A.) stupid enough to take the holding penalty, you just do it again and eat more clock....or B.) if the other team retaliates in frustration and gets a personal foul due to the obvious holding, the penalties off-set and you still do it again....eating up even more time. The coaches told me that everyone that they know in coaching does this and has for 30 years. They said you get to use it about once every 3 or 4 years. D-B ate what, 25 or 30 seconds off of the clock? That was exactly what they practiced. You can't account for letting some guy rip off a 75 yard return. If they had tackled him, McMinn would have had 37 seconds to get in field goal range. D-B wins. You all are welcome to your opinions, but please know that educated people in the game are shaking their heads at you.

DB is an absolute disgrace to region one! There should be film sent to the TSSAA to show them just how DB tried to cheat. There should be an immediate investigation to see if the coaches told these players to do such a dispecable act. These coaches should fired! This program should be put on probation.

i know i haven't got a dog in this race, but what did db do on the play? haven't seen the game or replays. must be bad .

The lack of football knowledge on these boards shouldn't be as remarkable to me as it is, but I guess it frames this as what it is....a "fans" board. (Read-they don't really know the game, they just have opinions). Understand this folks, the play I assume you are talking about is the taking of the safety at the end of the game. It was brilliant and EVERY team in the country that is coached at all has it in their book. The object is to intentionally hold knowing that you are giving up the two points. If you hold well, the play can take between 10 and 20 seconds off of the clock. If the other team is, A.) stupid enough to take the holding penalty, you just do it again and eat more clock....or B.) if the other team retaliates in frustration and gets a personal foul due to the obvious holding, the penalties off-set and you still do it again....eating up even more time. The coaches told me that everyone that they know in coaching does this and has for 30 years. They said you get to use it about once every 3 or 4 years. D-B ate what, 25 or 30 seconds off of the clock? That was exactly what they practiced. You can't account for letting some guy rip off a 75 yard return. If they had tackled him, McMinn would have had 37 seconds to get in field goal range. D-B wins. You all are welcome to your opinions, but please know that educated people in the game are shaking their heads at you.

While everyone is focused on the tactics, what about the strategy? By surrendering the safety, D-B put itself in position where a McMinn field goal sends the game to overtime. Stephen Stansell, McMinn's kicker, is one of the best in the state. I'm tempted to think D-B's defense stood a better chance of keeping McMinn out of the endzone even with a short field (what the Cherokees had to have if the Indians punted out of their endzone leading 24-19), as opposed to keeping McMinn out of Stansell's considerable field goal range following the safety and free kick. Of course, you're comparing a potential loss to a potential overtime. Just thought it interesting that no one seemed to be talking about the strategy, only the controversy surrounding the tactics.

I may be wrong but I also think Sevier Co may have won a title.

They did, but I was talking about this side of Knoxville. I know that Sevier County is not actually in Knoxville, but they get grouped in with all the Knoxville teams which have won their fair share of championships. But you are right.

While everyone is focused on the tactics, what about the strategy? By surrendering the safety, D-B put itself in position where a McMinn field goal sends the game to overtime. Stephen Stansell, McMinn's kicker, is one of the best in the state. I'm tempted to think D-B's defense stood a better chance of keeping McMinn out of the endzone even with a short field (what the Cherokees had to have if the Indians punted out of their endzone leading 24-19), as opposed to keeping McMinn out of Stansell's considerable field goal range following the safety and free kick. Of course, you're comparing a potential loss to a potential overtime. Just thought it interesting that no one seemed to be talking about the strategy, only the controversy surrounding the tactics.

During the game just after the safety I suddenly thought what a stupid play call. Now all McMinn has to do is kick a field goal to get into overtime. I figured the way the play calling as well as the way the players were playing DB would lose in overtime. Little did I know that in about one minute McMinn would run the kick back, ending the game alot sooner. The strategy was stupid. Not even a pee-wee coach would of done. Another thing nobody has noticed is that Clark in a interview on Tricitiessports.com is complaining about a illegle play by McMinn Co. in the first half of the game. As if that play is the reason DB lost. Really pathetic to say the least. But then maybe he wasn't awake for the second half and don't remember why he really lost. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />