Morristown East vs Sullivan South

EASTFAN

I'll say exactly what i just said on the Maryville thread......

I can't wait to see the South vs. Maryville game this year! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South is by far the only true TEAM in NET.. As some had said this game(with East) will be close for a while but the juggernaut will roll in the 3rd and 4th quarter to a 42 to 14 win.

1. SULLIVAN SOUTH (11-0): The Rebels have a penchant for giving opponents early scores, then coming back and putting them away. They did it again, allowing Cherokee the early lead. Now, the Rebels have a chance to play No. 2 seed Morristown East. A victory in that game and a win by Tennessee High over Greeneville on the road Friday would put the Rebels back at home for Week Three of the playoffs. A Greeneville victory would allow the Greene Devils to host. This week: Morristown East (9-2) in Death Valley at 7 p.m.

2. DOBYNS-BENNETT (10-1): The Indians had their lack of depth catch up to them. With many of their starters going both ways, McMinn County took advantage to outscore D-B in the fourth quarter, 18-0, and rally from a 24-10 deficit for the victory. It was the fourth time D-B has lost at home in the first round of the playoffs after posting a 10-0 regular season. It also happened in 1990, 2001, 2004 and 2006. This Week: Season is over.

3. GREENEVILLE (9-2): The Greene Devils may be weakened by the loss of QB Jordan Greenway, but they deserve to move up based on the fact they continued to win -- beating Elizabethton in a shootout, 35-26. They might lose to Tennessee High this week, but need to be rated ahead of the Vikings, until that happens, based on the fact they won the Five Rivers title and have a better record. They will earn a home game next week against the Sullivan South vs. Morristown East winner, if they can beat Tennessee High based on TSSAA playoff pairings that have the Week Three western team the host while allowing eastern teams to be at home in rounds one, two and four, as long as they win. Last year, Greeneville had to come east for the third game and lost at Sullivan South -- though it had beaten South in regular season. This Week: Host Tennessee High on

Friday at 7 p.m., in a second-round Class 4A playoff game.

4. SCIENCE HILL (7-4): Head-to-head is still the ultimate factor in determining these rankings and the fact two of the Hilltoppers' losses came to teams ahead of them in the rankings (South and D-/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> and the other two came to Knoxville teams has the Hilltoppers here for now. When Science Hill and Tennessee High met earlier in the season, it wasn't close. Science Hill won, 24-6. Head-to-head, power ratings and records are all part of these rankings and the Hilltoppers rated higher than Tennessee High in all but record. This Week: Season is over. Lost to Knox Farragut in Class 5A first round last Friday, 28-7.

5. TENNESSEE HIGH (8-3): The Vikings' only losses have been to No. 1 South, No. 2 D-B and No. 7 Science Hill and are ranked ahead of Morristown East based on strength of schedule -- even though East's record is better. They will move ahead of Greeneville next week, if they can pull the upset. The Sonny Moore Ratings had the Vikings six points better than Morristown East before last week's games and they should still be ranked higher this week. This Week: Play at Greeneville at 7 p.m., in a second-round Class 4A game.

6. MORRISTOWN EAST (9-2): The Hurricanes built up a head of steam heading into the game at South this week by shelling Sullivan North, 32-3, but will go in as a heavy underdog. Their season came to an end at South last year, 41-21, in a first-round playoff game. This Week: Play at Sullivan South in a second-round Class 4A playoff game on Friday at 7 p.m.

7. SULLIVAN NORTH (8-3): The clock struck 12 on the Raiders last Friday at Morristown in a 32-3 first-round loss. But it was a good run. They will move down a classification, but will still have teams such as Greeneville and Elizabethton to get past in future playoffs. But this was still a building stone for the future. This Week: Season is over.

8. MORRISTOWN WEST (6-5): The Trojans went down fighting, losing in a shootout at Tennessee High, 49-35. If you're wondering, Sullivan North came even closer than West at Tennessee High. They lost in regular season, 21-19, in the Stone Castle. This Week: Season is over.

9. ELIZABETHTON (5-6): Cyclones lost to No. 3 Greeneville in the playoffs in a shootout, 35-26, and lost their other five games to No. 1 South, No. 2 D-B, No. 4 Science Hill, No. 5 Tennessee high and No. 7 Sullivan North. Johnson County (6-4) finished with a better record overall, but lost to the Cyclones head-to-head and did not make the

playoffs. This Week: Season is over.

10. CHEROKEE (6-5): Chiefs went down swinging, jumping to an early lead they could not hold against Sullivan South. They had won five of their last six before going into Death Valley after a 1-3 start. They can hold their heads high. This Week: Season is over.

Let's see Morris-East beat Cherokee 26-20 and lost to Greenville 34-14

You are using the common opponent like a drunk uses a light post: to lean on and not for illumination. North beat Crockett 34-6. We beat Crockett 28-14. We beat North 32-3. Ya see!!!!! The old common opponent thing is debunked right there.

I'm pulling for South in this one,and Greeneville in the other game.With that said,I met a very nice older guy at the DB vs Maryville scrimmage this year who had the East colors on.I hope that if he travels up to Kingsport,he has a very safe trip,as do all the East fans.Good luck to both teams and a safe game.Roll Tribe

I'm pulling for South in this one,and Greeneville in the other game.With that said,I met a very nice older guy at the DB vs Maryville scrimmage this year who had the East colors on.I hope that if he travels up to Kingsport,he has a very safe trip,as do all the East fans.Good luck to both teams and a safe game.Roll Tribe

Aw...come on. Aren't you going to pull for the Vikes? We're a tri-cities neighbor...how could you pull for Greeneville? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You are using the common opponent like a drunk uses a light post: to lean on and not for illumination. North beat Crockett 34-6. We beat Crockett 28-14. We beat North 32-3. Ya see!!!!! The old common opponent thing is debunked right there.

You are right on, 72. And all this talk suggesting that East has little chance is a bunch of hog-wash. I'm back to my serious self this week, cause I know we are risk in this one. Mo-East is big, they are fast, and they want revenge for last year. They have it all. I think South is a better team, but we must come in focused and pumped.

The South fans need to bring our A-game as well, we were all flat last friday night and it carried over to the field.

Come on Rebel fans---Be there and be loud. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Aw...come on. Aren't you going to pull for the Vikes? We're a tri-cities neighbor...how could you pull for Greeneville? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

i guess the same way that athlete is pulling for Mo-east over south /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I do look forward to the Greeneville game this week,I wish things had been different for their QB.I like to see the teams play at their very best,but Greeneville still has some very good athletes.

In an earlier post, I believe BatmanDB referenced having ties to Greeneville. I believe he played his high school ball there.

i guess the same way that athlete is pulling for Mo-east over south /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Shame on athlete! Naw, really, it's no big deal. Everyone is entitled to their favorite. Good Luck to South Friday and I hope we can meet again in a couple weeks. Two teams with classy athletes and fans. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You are right on, 72. And all this talk suggesting that East has little chance is a bunch of hog-wash. I'm back to my serious self this week, cause I know we are risk in this one. Mo-East is big, they are fast, and they want revenge for last year. They have it all. I think South is a better team, but we must come in focused and pumped.

The South fans need to bring our A-game as well, we were all flat last friday night and it carried over to the field.

Come on Rebel fans---Be there and be loud. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Rebels, take MEast seriously. They are quick. However, they have fumbled something like 44 times this season, so keep your eye on the ball. I think this will be a good game, but South should perservere if they do not get overconfident. South fans need to show up so that you can make a good gate. If Friday is any indication of how MEast traveling base is, it will be pretty sad. I think their were 3 times the crowd on the visitors side as the home. I think South pulls through this one and advances to the next round. Not a blow out though. I'll say South 24- East 17 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />