Jo Byrns vs. Wayne County

CPR4u

naa you havnt gotten under mine, i've got no dog in the fight to get upset about. if i were you i'd travel to wayne county this week also, i do not see the cascade game being close, yall have already beaten them once, it shouldnt be bad, im sure they're coach is beating in they're head its hard to beat a team twice, and in their heads somewhere they're thinking they killed us last time. (and if cascade jumps on them quick, they'll get worried, and nothing is worse than a worried football team) and it SHOULD be a wayne county cascade quaterfinal.

No that not the case. McEwen has move on and is just looking to keep on going. To the quaterfinals.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44's Dad has the same name, so I guess it is the same guy. I met him at JB and he still looks like he could kick some tail if he was so inclined...LOL..... He is posting under the name reddevil44, so I'm sure he'll be happy to answer that question for you.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You guys were talking earlier about how big the lines were for the 2 teams. I'm looking at the All-Midstate team right now from 1980. The heaviest guy on it was a NG from Warren County, he was 5-11 225. The only other 200 pounder was a tackle from Riverdale at 205. I guess times have changed. Man I feel old.

No that not the case. McEwen has move on and is just looking to keep on going. To the quaterfinals.

i've been in the situation before, its in the back of your head, its impossible for it not to be. you can try to cover it up by thinking that you just played terrible, and calls didnt go your way and what not, but its still there, and if they've learn to block i want to know how. im sure alot of people would like to.

but i will say, it can be used as motivation. and thats what i hope to see, i love to see/hear about good games, and hoping it is, i just dont believe it will be.

Wow. I didn't realize I was in the presense of such a great athlete when I met him. As I said, he still looks as if he could run over pretty much anybody who was dumb enough to get in his way...LOL

now you see you BIG DUMMY why i said i was on 44 side if thing's got out of hand /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You guys were talking earlier about how big the lines were for the 2 teams. I'm looking at the All-Midstate team right now from 1980. The heaviest guy on it was a NG from Warren County, he was 5-11 225. The only other 200 pounder was a tackle from Riverdale at 205. I guess times have changed. Man I feel old.

2XR have you seen both teams play? Were you impressed with JB? Who do you think is gonna win?

Rice will have his boys ready to do some damage tomorrow night. Also, the Graham kid is a very explosive, and he has a back up player in Dillion Warren.

Austin Rice is again the difference in the ball game, if his brother Tyler Rice has time to throw........ Jo Byrns is in for a long night. Up front on the defensive line the Wildcats have to play above their level to ensure a win. If they play tough against the run The Wildcats win.

wet field plays a factor also.........

WCHS-23

JO Byrns- 14

High school sports period does not get enough media coverage. Down here we get more coverage from Alabama.Geez /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I would have to guess that the folks from Cascade would differ. They have their own beat writer and photographer, basically. They're actually terribly spoiled compared to most. I hate that for you and your kids, but that's just the way it is. It'll be gone from Cascade before long as newspapers are being fazed out more and more. Folks don't even want to spend $90 on a year's subscription cause they can read most of it online.

Well, anyways, good luck to Jo Byrns. Represent Region 5 like we know you can. I wish I could be there because it's sure to be a barn burner. Everybody be safe in their journies. Enjoy the pic from The Dungeon...

Cool. He was quite a tailback. I'm sure his son is too. That was a great game back then. Jo Byrns won 14-2. WC had more than a few opportunties, with more than 2 turnovers in the red zone. We didn't call it that back then though. My wife just found my scrapbook, we "held" Mr. Ashabranner to "only" 88 yards. Good Luck to all.

I'd return the thumbs up but I'm not sure how to do that.

I remember that game.I was a 7th grader and went to it with a friend and his parents.CoachT members Reddevil44,and Reddevilmascot played on that team.Also,the quarterback for the 1980 team has a son (#32)that plays FB for this team,and the dad of #2 in the picture above played on the 1980 team....it's funny how things have cycled back around nearly 30yrs later.

2XR have you seen both teams play? Were you impressed with JB? Who do you think is gonna win?

Sorry to not have gotten back to you. You guys stay up too late for me. The last time I saw WC play was 1992, and the only time I've seen Jo Byrns play was 1980. I grew up in Waynesboro, but left home some 20 years ago. The past 4 or 5 years CoachT has become my link back home.

I remember that game.I was a 7th grader and went to it with a friend and his parents.CoachT members Reddevil44,and Reddevilmascot played on that team.Also,the quarterback for the 1980 team has a son (#32)that plays FB for this team,and the dad of #2 in the picture above played on the 1980 team....it's funny how things have cycled back around nearly 30yrs later.

Going off some of the names I've seen, I would think some of the Wayne County players from that game have children playing on the team now as well. Coaches Crews and Pierce were both very important parts of that team.