Brentwood Academy vs. Ensworth

moose

Doesn't MBA have twice as many boys than Ensworth? That might tighten that merit scholarship ratio up some.

The number of boys is irrelevant as girls can be National Merit Scholars too. To set the record straight the MBA class of 2008 had 14 National Merit Scholars, with a large number of them ( I'm not sure exactly how many) being Finalists and receiving scholarships.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number of boys is irrelevant as girls can be National Merit Scholars too. To set the record straight the MBA class of 2008 had 14 National Merit Scholars, with a large number of them ( I'm not sure exactly how many) being Finalists and receiving scholarships.

Your post is completely irrelevant. This is about the BA-EHS game. Back on topic.

After watching both of these teams play, it goes without saying this will be no blowout either way. Both teams are solid. Both teams are well coached and have some incredible athletes. To me, it what it boils down to is what happens in the trenches. Both have good lines, and Ensworth's may be a little underrated even. They are well coached by Ed Caudill, and he should have solutions for any problems the EHS line may encounter throughout the game. Brentwood Academy on the other hand, is simply put "big and good". They have the obvious advantage in my opinion, but I also thought that MBA would have that advantage at the line of scrimmage when they faced EHS. Ensworth manhandled MBA, and they should do the same in this game. Center Teddy Reeve got the best of Bubis for MBA, who is supposedly an ox, and one of the better noseguards in the area. He and his fellow lineman will have no problem handling the BA line in the end.

and as K Woodroof pointed out, this will definitely be worth the price of admission.

I posted the same article a couple of weeks ago and got hammered for posting it. I thought it was insightful as to the MBA-EHS rivalry.

If I remember correctly, you "got hammered for posting it" by myself and others because the thread had nothing to do with MBA at all, and it seems like every EHS thread ends up talking about MBA... kind of like this one for that matter.

Back to the game...

I expect this to be a physical battle on both sides of the ball. Expect Orleans and Tavarres to get their yards on the ground. However, I think BA will do a good job limiting EHS' big play ability, keeping this one close. I think Jefferson will make a big play through the air late in the game, and EHS will win a close one to move on to the State Championship Game.

EHS 28, BA 24

I know that girls can be National Merit Scholars, but girls don't play much football at Ensworth!

ensworth will DOMINATE ba, of course, because ba is a worthless team, and ensworth is amazing. watch ensworths line TAKE OUT ba.

lovehawaiisurf, I see that you are not grounded anymore and I see that your mother gave back your Ensworth issued laptop....try channeling some of that overpriced Ensworth education into making intelligent and mature posts.