JCS vs Huntingdon

JWhumboldt

They know they got away with one in 2003. I think everybody and their momma, grandmother, great grandfather, and ancestors knew that one after it was over. That would have been Milans 3rd State Championship in 6 years. But the past is the past.

JCS by 3. Even tho I'd like to see Huntingdon/Milan again. Wouldn't everyone? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Lol got away with one? thats hilarious!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey harriman... What connection do you have with Coach Swenson? Are you a relative or close friend? Did you go to school with him? Why would you drive all the way to Huntingdon to see this 2nd round game? There are some really good 2nd round games alot closer to you. Just curious.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Mr. Mustang:

No connection with Swenson. Nor am I related. I am from Harriman, TN though. Swenson grew up here so people around here are proud he is doing so well! I remember back in the 2003 Blue Cross Bowl. Man, that Wing T looked pretty! I am sure he runs something similiar to that now or has varied it some. Maybe I can see some of it Friday night after the Mustang Stew Are you expecting a big crowd for the game??

Mr. Mustang:

No connection with Swenson. Nor am I related. I am from Harriman, TN though. Swenson grew up here so people around here are proud he is doing so well! I remember back in the 2003 Blue Cross Bowl. Man, that Wing T looked pretty! I am sure he runs something similiar to that now or has varied it some. Maybe I can see some of it Friday night after the Mustang Stew Are you expecting a big crowd for the game??

I sometimes wonder about the crowds here in Huntingdon at playoff time. I have noticed the same thing at other schools unless it's a semi-final game. If it's raining I sure some of the older crowd will stay away and listen on the radio. We have a gentleman who is 91 and hasn't missed a game in quite awhile. I heard that Coach Swenson carried him a Mustang cap this weekend and he was so happy over that. This gentleman had two sons who were good players for the Mustangs in the mid 60's. The stew starts at 4:30 and will end at gametime. Looks like a cold wet night here in West Tennessee. Perfect..........

If you do make it come on down and sit with the "Pigskin Pals" right in front of the pressbox, mid way down. I'm sure after a quick vote we can make you an honorary member..

I sometimes wonder about the crowds here in Huntingdon at playoff time. I have noticed the same thing at other schools unless it's a semi-final game. If it's raining I sure some of the older crowd will stay away and listen on the radio. We have a gentleman who is 91 and hasn't missed a game in quite awhile. I heard that Coach Swenson carried him a Mustang cap this weekend and he was so happy over that. This gentleman had two sons who were good players for the Mustangs in the mid 60's. The stew starts at 4:30 and will end at gametime. Looks like a cold wet night here in West Tennessee. Perfect..........

If you do make it come on down and sit with the "Pigskin Pals" right in front of the pressbox, mid way down. I'm sure after a quick vote we can make you an honorary member..

Is this anything special going on before the game besides the Mustang Stew Supper? I try to take part in all I can for the team!

Just for the record, Huntingdon also turned the ball over 3 times during the game on fumbles so no one can really say Huntingdon only won because of turnovers because we had our share of them as well.

Secondly, teams are never remembered for what they do in the regular season. This isn't college football were you have to go 11-1 or 12-0 to get into the championship game, or the NFL where a team goes undefeated once every thirty years. This is high school football and every year there are teams that go undefeated and lose early in the playoffs. Yes Huntingdon went 5-5 during the regular season and made a lot of mistakes but they have learned a lot about their self from those mistakes and have been able to recover and make it to the playoffs and now everyone that made it has a chance.

And lastly, I would take Huntingdon's QBs arm over any other arm in West TN, it has just taken some time for the offense to start clicking. It took some of the players a little bit longer to learn the offense than was expected but it seems everything is clicking right now and if Huntingdon needs to throw the football I expect them to be able to do it. Not really a reason to when one player is rushing for 503 yards and 6 td's though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now thats hilarious. He might be the worst QB left in the 2A playoffs. Honestly.

They know they got away with one in 2003. I think everybody and their momma, grandmother, great grandfather, and ancestors knew that one after it was over. That would have been Milans 3rd State Championship in 6 years. But the past is the past.

JCS by 3. Even tho I'd like to see Huntingdon/Milan again. Wouldn't everyone? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The 12th man play was in 2005 not 2003. Milan just got beat in 2003. Many (milan supporters) feel this was a fluke. Many (huntington supporters) feel it was not a fluke. At any rate, Mian and Huntington were the 2 best teams in Tennessee in 2003. This is a Huntington-JCS thread anyway. Not a Huntington-Milan thread. Perhaps we'll have on of those next week. Also, there is no reason to insult a high school athlete. Particularly one we may soon have to play. I probably wouldn't take his arm over any other, but he's good enough to be in the playoffs.

Would the pigskin pals welcome a rival fan from Milan?