have does waverly look for next year?

steelerstn

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya'll i noticed that from football games, but i may come up wit a way to turn that around, especially wit a great team, that we will have this year in B-ball, u just come down and help me a little bit, will ya'll, u need to talk to me a little on msn.

Steelers,

I posted this on another thread also: BUT...Read today's sports section in the Tennessean (Wednesday, 11/12), and see where TSSAA is putting Cheatham County and Sycamore. That means Camden will come over to district 11AA with Waverly, Creek Wood, Harpeth, Stewart County, Montgomery Central, Fairview for a total of 7 teams. After reading the sports page, consult with your coaches and let me know if I was right. Admittingly, I am wrong most of the time, but in this case, I may be right on the money. Anyway, find out and let me know. If there is anyone who can post the link to the Tennessean article about classification in today's sports sectiion, please do. I am computer illiterate and do not know how to add links. Thanx. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i see this as being one region

cheatham 4a

harpeth 2a

fairview 2a

creekwood 3a

montgomery central 3a

waverly 2a

stewart county 3a

camden 2a

What are ya'll reading?

Cheatham 3A

Harpeth 3A

Fairview is in 12AA

Creekwood 4A

Mont. Central 4A

Waverly 3A

Stewart Co 3A

Camden 3A

Cheatham loses 14 seniors and has 5 juniors that will be seniors next year. A rebuilding year. Didn't make playoffs.

Harpeth's strength is this years junior class. They return most of their offense and defense. Didn't make playoffs.

Fairview isn't even in the picture. They're in the Hickman, Lewis district

Creekwood didn't make the playoffs

Mont. Central didn't make playoffs

Waverly- Made the playoffs, not sure of losses.

Stewart Co.- Made playoffs, not sure of losses.

Camden- Made the playoffs, loses a bunch.

From a Harpeth viewpoint, they played Waverly in regular season, played Mont. Central and Creekwood is scrimmages or JV games. Harpeth beat Waverly 23-0 last year and was leading into the 4th quarter before losing this year. I certainly wouldn't put them as a 10 point underdog based on that with what they have coming back. I think this will be a competitive district, but no powerhouses. I'd say Creekwood should finish in the top 2 and then it'll be Stewart, Harpeth, Camden and Waverly competing for the other automatic bid with the others competing for wildcards.

Harpeth will return all of their O-line, a qb that threw for around 1200 yards and a receiver that has well over 20 TD's in the last 2 seasons plus 90% of their defense. They'll be better than you think.

our new district is:

Camden

Cheatham Co

Creekwood

Harpeth

Montgomery Central

Stewart County

Waverly

next season should be fun, really interesting to meet different football teams and start some new rivalrys but is really nice to still have the chance for the battle for the bridge to mean more than an out of district game...and of course it would be no fun if we would of lost the SC rivalry lol...

i think next season could to be a tough one for a few of the teams after losing so many players and then having to get used to new teams but i think Camden, Waverly, Creekwood battling for the top spots with SC and Harpeth right behind them...hope we get another chance to battle for the title as well as the beloved TN River bridge!!!

our new district is:

Camden

Cheatham Co

Creekwood

Harpeth

Montgomery Central

Stewart County

Waverly

next season should be fun, really interesting to meet different football teams and start some new rivalrys but is really nice to still have the chance for the battle for the bridge to mean more than an out of district game...and of course it would be no fun if we would of lost the SC rivalry lol...

i think next season could to be a tough one for a few of the teams after losing so many players and then having to get used to new teams but i think Camden, Waverly, Creekwood battling for the top spots with SC and Harpeth right behind them...hope we get another chance to battle for the title as well as the beloved TN River bridge!!!

Well first off let me, Redneck i agree. Camden Wavo, should be there. SC not so much but I could be wrong. I think this gonna be the toughest IN REGION GAMES the Lions have seen since probably 03-05,06. I also think Coach Ward will have my LIONS in roarin shape come season time, and I think that Camden will wanna hold onto that Bridge just a weee bit longer /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />, ok I won't lie I hope we have it for at least a decade(ya know to increase our streak lol) but it won't happen. I sure do hate that we're gonna have so many middle TN teams though since I live an hour west of good ole' Camden now.

How will this alignment impact the 2009 schedule in regards to the home/away games this season or is there any way to tell? For example, will Waverly play at Camden and at SC in '09 since we hosted them this year or is there any possibility that we could host either of them for 2 years in a row?

yes we could but i think all the scheduling will be left up to the coaches so i guess it would be what ever they worked out....i know that last season waverly played in camden, adamsville and hosted riverside for the 2nd year in a roll so yes it can be done

does anyone know how the playoffs will work next season?? will we still be using the Z-plan or whatever?

yes we could but i think all the scheduling will be left up to the coaches so i guess it would be what ever they worked out....i know that last season waverly played in camden, adamsville and hosted riverside for the 2nd year in a roll so yes it can be done

does anyone know how the playoffs will work next season?? will we still be using the Z-plan or whatever?

yes, were still using the Z palan

How will this alignment impact the 2009 schedule in regards to the home/away games this season or is there any way to tell? For example, will Waverly play at Camden and at SC in '09 since we hosted them this year or is there any possibility that we could host either of them for 2 years in a row?

If they do it like usual they do a coin toss to decide home and away games so it could either way. During the last region change Waverly ended up playing at Camden two years in a row (2005, 2006) because of the coin toss.