DonCChatt's Parting Thoughts

DonCChatt

I guess this should be my girls soccer goodbyes as well.

The last three years (though it might have been a limited four) have been wonderful, including back to back victories over BigG (the last being a full and away victory). I have enjoyed bantering and chattering with you soccer folk and have learned quite a bit about the game myself considering my soccer background. It's been six years since I've played.

This is not my goodbye from CoachT. I'll be around the basketball boards as well as track and soccer when the spring comes. For those of you who will return in 9 months, happy bounces!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this should be my girls soccer goodbyes as well.

The last three years (though it might have been a limited four) have been wonderful, including back to back victories over BigG (the last being a full and away victory). I have enjoyed bantering and chattering with you soccer folk and have learned quite a bit about the game myself considering my soccer background. It's been six years since I've played.

This is not my goodbye from CoachT. I'll be around the basketball boards as well as track and soccer when the spring comes. For those of you who will return in 9 months, happy bounces!

Full and away victory?!?! You won by 2 lousy points!

So does this mean you won't participate in next year's Golden Goose?!!!!!

I went to that gun show, too!!! Needed some black powder supplies. Went early on Sat.

MVM, I have a 6 year old daughter, too, in training! 2018 here we come!

SWWEEEETT! I am coaching my 7 year old daughter, so looks like we will all be together for a while! Guess I better start spending that $24. Is there a multi-year plan? May save a few bucks. I have a 10 year old that plays as well. Her team just won the VIT in Evansville this past weekend (U11 premier bracket).

I am gonna grow old on Coacht, aren't I?

Full and away victory?!?! You won by 2 lousy points!

So does this mean you won't participate in next year's Golden Goose?!!!!!

Maybe. Maybe not. Not having knowing anything about what's going on in the state will be slightly challenging and may be difficult to play with my magic.

However, if I do play and still win, you have absolutely no excuse. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

G, next show is weekend after thanksgiving. I was going to hit that one up. We should meet up and go, although they didn't have any paintball stuff. It is always fun. We should also go shooting together sometime. You have to stand in front though /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

By 2018, U may mean "unisex" and Pres. O will be in his 3rd term and we'll be saying remember when there was a stock market and the kids will say, what's that. Oh! did I drift off task? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Keep up the good work CoachD.

In that case, I hope I can still stay up with you guys on the internet. I may move to another country.....like Texas.

• 1 year later...
I can't believe you violated your 1st rule in your own post........you mentioned your daughter's name! But I guess this time an exception can be made. I hope you will ... keep us posted on your daughter's career....

Nothing like re-reading old Coach T messages...

(Dad bragging Alert!!!)

Kris had a Great Season at Tennessee Tech! She finished 3rd on the team in goals (4) and points earned (12), playing in 20 games of 22 games for 1271 minutes, starting in 16 of them.

team stats...

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/wsoc/20 ... amcume.htm

Prior to the start of the OVC tournament, they announced the Conference level awards. Kris was chosen to the All-Freshman/Newcomer team, was picked to the All-Conference team (1st Team), and was chosen as the (Co) Freshman of the Year for entire conference.

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/wsoc/20 ... _4_all_ovc

The team did much better than expected in the conference tournament. As the #4 seed, and playing against #5 (Eastern Illinois), they were down 0-2 in the quarterfinal match, but came back to win 3-2 in 2OT. In the Semi-Final game, they were up 1-0 against #1 seed Morehead State, but ended going into Overtime after being scored on late in the game. In the 2nd Overtime period, with just over a minute to go, Kris scored the game winner.

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/wsoc/20 ... /11_6_semi

The final match was not so good, and Tech lost 0-4. Afterwards, they announced the All-Tournament team, and Kris was again honored as a member of the All-Tournament squad.

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/wsoc/20 ... 1_8_finals

Not a bad freshman year!

Yes, I'm violating my own rule about not mentioning your kid's name, but as this board seems pretty dead right now, nobody will probably read this...

• 1 month later...

been posting on board ror several sports for several girls for to many years and its fun. high school sports is supposed to be fun. its supposed to be about the kids. i have yet to kick. shoot. spike or overhead slam a ball. or work as hard as these kids work. i saw my first soccer game today since chattanooga, after 7 years of club 4 years of high school 3 rings and countless trips to physical therapy, she's done and so am i. she has no regrets and i think that's all we can hope for win. lose or draw.that is until my 4 week old grandson kicks or hits or shoots his first ball. thanks to all for enhancing the experience.