Smyrna football Player arrested

bigredbird

Unless the school can find a loophole the kid will play until he is proven guilty in a court of law. The school board, principal & coach want nothing to do with high profile legal problems.

30 years ago the player would have been sent packing by the coach or the coach would have been tared and feathered.

I miss those days

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys......cmon now. All schools have their share of tragedy and scandal. Give this kid a break until we know all the facts. He is innocent til proven guilty. There is no reason for Smyrna to suspend him from school as this didn't happen on school grounds. It is the coach's decision about gametime.About playing him.....that is the coach's decision to make.......not mine or YOURS!

Guys......cmon now. All schools have their share of tragedy and scandal. Give this kid a break until we know all the facts. He is innocent til proven guilty. There is no reason for Smyrna to suspend him from school as this didn't happen on school grounds. It is the coach's decision about gametime.About playing him.....that is the coach's decision to make.......not mine or YOURS!

I guess I will agree.........This is a decision that needs to be made by the powers to be at Smyrna.

Again, let me say, I hope for the best for this young man and his family. I hope this is all a misunderstanding.

That will remain to be seen.

no coach i no wood pla dude. at my school he wood be gone. u rite no school rul was broke. but thalaw sho was. bad message for kids pimpin.. dey need to do the rite thang and cut dude. my boy say he playin 100% 4 sho..... that sad dude

no coach i no wood pla dude. at my school he wood be gone. u rite no school rul was broke. but thalaw sho was. bad message for kids pimpin.. dey need to do the rite thang and cut dude. my boy say he playin 100% 4 sho..... that sad dude

I really find it hard to believe that you went to school.Please drop the Ebonics crap

You are just embarrassing yourself and no one is taking you serious.

bison4 you wrote "If the young man does not live at home with his parents or legal guardians it is a violation of the TSSAA rules. If he turned 19 before August 1st, he is not eligible."

Where is this coming from? What do you mean this young man does not live at home? You are saying IF, IF, IF based on WHAT! You??™re going off a printing error in the DNJ that was corrected and a post from a dude who has no clue what is going on in the real world. He's saying a friend on the team told him he's playing and we buy that.

Look again. I didn't write that, bigredbird did. I said if he was 20 he is ineligible by rules and if arrested his coach should dismiss him.

YOBOY...this is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and in this country you are INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY which means right now he is accused of this and now the county must prove him guilty you cannot punish an innocent person...so let the process work if he is guilty he will pay and when he is innocent it would be a good thing that they didnt stop him from playing...It is like i tell my kids anyone can ACCUSE ANYONE of anything but it doesnt mean ANYTHING until it is proven...so slow yo role cuz its all good

What did this kid do to merit the police getting involved in the first place? Maybe thats all we need to look at. I think we will find out what is more important over at Smyrna this week. Setting examples or winning at all costs. I hope they make the right decision.

Pac-Man Jones has never been convicted of a crime BTW. I'm not comparing the 2 by no means just throwing that out there.

YOBOY...this is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and in this country you are INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY which means right now he is accused of this and now the county must prove him guilty you cannot punish an innocent person...so let the process work if he is guilty he will pay and when he is innocent it would be a good thing that they didnt stop him from playing...It is like i tell my kids anyone can ACCUSE ANYONE of anything but it doesnt mean ANYTHING until it is proven...so slow yo role cuz its all good

u rite INNOCENT by the law.. don't mak it rite 4 him to play. if he was a coach he would be out until PROVEN GUILTY or INNOCENT. if he was n ncaa he would be out 4 a week.