LA's New District

LA_Wildcats

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of it is confusing. As for LA, SHOULD be a region they can excel in.

I hope they do well next season and seasons to come. LA is gonna have to do well to make the playoffs even in this new district. Someone help me on this, with LA being in this district/region (whatever you call it) and having so many 3-A schools and only one other 4-A school, are we not gonna have to go undefeated or at best have one loss (in our district) to make the playoffs plus do very well verses our non-district opponents to get a top seed??? Like district 9, they have 4 4-A teams, can they get by with 2+ losses to get in and maybe not do as well with non-district schedule to get in because of having more 4-A's in their district? Still confusing to me....Somebody help me!

I hope they do well next season and seasons to come. LA is gonna have to do well to make the playoffs even in this new district. Someone help me on this, with LA being in this district/region (whatever you call it) and having so many 3-A schools and only one other 4-A school, are we not gonna have to go undefeated or at best have one loss (in our district) to make the playoffs plus do very well verses our non-district opponents to get a top seed??? Like district 9, they have 4 4-A teams, can they get by with 2+ losses to get in and maybe not do as well with non-district schedule to get in because of having more 4-A's in their district? Still confusing to me....Somebody help me!

If you finish in the top 2 in the district...you qualify automatically. I would think one loss or less would get you in...but that is not guaranteed. I would think 2 district losses would be too many to get the automatic bid.

If you will look on the TSSAA web site it explains the playoff format. Look under News, Board of Controls Agenda/Actions. Under the month of June actions it explains how the playoff teams will be determined. It is at the very bottom of the actions.