New District 9-AAA

GWAVE1

I guess we should return the trophy since we are the exception to every football rule ever written

No way! You all had an awsome year! Alot of heart, hard work, and dedication! Not once did you hear lucky from me.

And when you guys say Portland isn't good, we had just enough chances to beat Beech as everyother team in the district. We just couldn't score in the redzone that game. We have the talent levels just not the in depth talent levels. Portland is also really really young.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we should return the trophy since we are the exception to every football rule ever written

No way! You all had an awsome year! Alot of heart, hard work, and dedication! Not once did you hear lucky from me.

And when you guys say Portland isn't good, we had just enough chances to beat Beech as everyother team in the district. We just couldn't score in the redzone that game. We have the talent levels just not the in depth talent levels. Portland is also really really young.

I will make a wild guess and say that wasn't the only game you had trouble in the redzone. You can make all the excuses in the world and it all comes back to 0-10. There has to be much more than redzone issues going on. Good luck to ya next year. Maybe PHS will surprise some people next year.

Wow, you guys should be the bomb next year - a really really young team who almost beat the state champions!! :lol:

Let's not kid ourselves, the only team in our district that had a chance to beat Beech, did, and got extremely lucky in doing so. They should be the runaway favorite next year with MJ, Gallatin, and Hville following...in that order. An interesting topic to follow is who will get the Mr.Football nomination from that team, 5, 21, or 10? I would bet 5 because he plays both sides of the ball including punting and returning kicks.

:thumb: I thought Beech had to hang on to beat my cats, With new coach better watch out for the DubC next year

Well new coach doesn't mean success... Does it PORTLAND?

As far as the comment about Portland being "really really young"... Well guess what? Just about everyone in this district is young. Face the facts, Portland isn't very good and will never be back to being a powerhouse program. This is becoming where coaches go to die. You will eventually accept mediocrity (at this point mediocrity would be a huge improvement) and wither away into the category of "football past".

Let's not kid ourselves, the only team in our district that had a chance to beat Beech, did, and got extremely lucky in doing so. They should be the runaway favorite next year with MJ, Gallatin, and Hville following...in that order. An interesting topic to follow is who will get the Mr.Football nomination from that team, 5, 21, or 10? I would bet 5 because he plays both sides of the ball including punting and returning kicks.

Gallatin will beat Mt Juliet this coming up year and they won't be "extremely lucky in doing so." C'mon man, give it a rest.

I do agree that Zinchini could very will get a Mr Football nomination.

Gallatin will beat Mt Juliet this coming up year and they won't be "extremely lucky in doing so." C'mon man, give it a rest.

I do agree that Zinchini could very will get a Mr Football nomination.

GW1, I know that GHS loses several players at the skilled positions as MJ and HHS does. I know that GHS returns the massive O-line. I do pick GHS ahead of MJ next year but I do see it as a very close game. MJ does lose an awful lot on the offensive side of the ball but they were also deep on the o-line and RB/FB positions. The key to, and nobody will know until he gets out there, is our QB that has been playing the WR spot. I don't think there was a better QB in the district as Gurchiek was so who knows how good our backup really is. He couldn't beat out Gurchiek but he might have been the starting QB for any other team in the district last year. I'm sure he will be improved as he will see alot more reps now that he is the starter. I'm not saying they will but, MJ could be the surprise team in the district next year. IMO the battle for 2nd place should be good one between HHS, GHS, and MJ.

I respect your position and opinion. However, Gallatin is going to compete for Beech for the #1 position next year. Mt Juliet should very well compete for a playoff spot. Perry is a very good coach and Mt Juliet will reload with him as the head coach. I agree that Reed was an exceptional player and his 4 td performance really toppled the Wave. I don't know if the wide receiver converting over to the QB spot will be quite the field general that he was. May have more speed though but his arm strength and accuracy will be tough to beat. I still think the surprise team could be Station Camp. They have several good looking returners in the backfield. Hendersonville will be tough no matter the year. Lebanon could have a very special player with the Maynard kid at the helm especially with a year under his belt. Portland and Wilson Central are the unknowns right now but I don't expect much this coming year.

Gallatin has a huge experienced o-line returning and several who played D-line who return. Box should fill in at runningback and linebacker. Slagle will have 3 years under his belt at middle linebacker. Perry and Armstrong both at safety will be much better, they were getting really good at the end of the year. Woodard at wideout should be another standout. And I have little doubt that Smith will be an exceptional QB. He should have more speed than Matthews and he has a really good arm. Just needs some experience.

I respect your position and opinion. However, Gallatin is going to compete for Beech for the #1 position next year. Mt Juliet should very well compete for a playoff spot. Perry is a very good coach and Mt Juliet will reload with him as the head coach. I agree that Reed was an exceptional player and his 4 td performance really toppled the Wave. I don't know if the wide receiver converting over to the QB spot will be quite the field general that he was. May have more speed though but his arm strength and accuracy will be tough to beat. I still think the surprise team could be Station Camp. They have several good looking returners in the backfield. Hendersonville will be tough no matter the year. Lebanon could have a very special player with the Maynard kid at the helm especially with a year under his belt. Portland and Wilson Central are the unknowns right now but I don't expect much this coming year.

Gallatin has a huge experienced o-line returning and several who played D-line who return. Box should fill in at runningback and linebacker. Slagle will have 3 years under his belt at middle linebacker. Perry and Armstrong both at safety will be much better, they were getting really good at the end of the year. Woodard at wideout should be another standout. And I have little doubt that Smith will be an exceptional QB. He should have more speed than Matthews and he has a really good arm. Just needs some experience.

Thanks for the info. Should be another exciting year. I think SC is 2 years away from contending for the #1 spot in the district. I do think they will be much improved from last year.

You are exactly right sarapalin. Losing Sites is like losing 2.5 very good players. And much of the running success Beech had this year was running over left tackle (Jamie Howell). They will definitely have a giant bull's eye on their back. That is a position the Bucs have never had before. Each player will have to stay hungry (and eligible) for them to go deep again next year. This year was magical, but '10 starts when they get back in school in Jan.