MJ 9 wins

Gallatin 8 wins

H'ville 6 wins

Beech 6 wins

Wilson Central 5 wins

Lebanon 5 wins

Station Camp 3 wins

Portland 1 win

Just a guess after looking at each teams non-district schedule.

And just who will that "1" win for Portland be? dry.gif

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have seen in the 3 scrimmages I was impressed with 2 of the 3 scrimmages. I know we didn't beat Riverdale but we looked good at times. I was really impressed with the way they were able to put a TD drive together with only running the ball twice and throwing it for about 7-9 plays and going 80 yds. It looks like the coaches were using the scrimmages to get valuable playing time for some of the kids while also putting in some situational plays to see how the kids responded. They still have some work but I can see a team coming together and they played some tough competition in doing so. Next week is the jamboree and then we face JPII @ home 7:00. Can't wait to see the boys under the lights.

From what I have seen in the 3 scrimmages I was impressed with 2 of the 3 scrimmages. I know we didn't beat Riverdale but we looked good at times. I was really impressed with the way they were able to put a TD drive together with only running the ball twice and throwing it for about 7-9 plays and going 80 yds. It looks like the coaches were using the scrimmages to get valuable playing time for some of the kids while also putting in some situational plays to see how the kids responded. They still have some work but I can see a team coming together and they played some tough competition in doing so. Next week is the jamboree and then we face JPII @ home 7:00. Can't wait to see the boys under the lights.
I'm looking forward to SEP 4th. Should be a good one. Go Bears!

I saw good and bad. That drive was impressive but the drive that Riverdale stuffed at the 5 yard line was very disappointing. Not too happy with the special teams play either. I saw some kids still not finding a man to block downfield. I do like that several groups of players are getting valuable playing time. That will help down the road. Gallatin still has some time to put it all together and I believe that as the season progresses they will get stronger.

I saw good and bad. That drive was impressive but the drive that Riverdale stuffed at the 5 yard line was very disappointing. Not too happy with the special teams play either. I saw some kids still not finding a man to block downfield. I do like that several groups of players are getting valuable playing time. That will help down the road. Gallatin still has some time to put it all together and I believe that as the season progresses they will get stronger.

what was the score of the 1st teams and will you tell me how riverdales offense and defense looked?

The 5A presason predictions from the Tennesseean (link below) were a little baffling. In 9-AAA - I'm totally down with Gallatin being picked #1, but some of the other picks don't make sense. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Bears fan, but I am a realist and Mt. Juliet being ranked 3rd from the bottom is just ignorant. Station Camp is a little high on the list in my opinion also and Beech at #2? - get real! Who decides these picks anyway?!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090 ... yoff+class

• 2 weeks later...

How about some post Week 1 predictions for final standings? Mine are below:

Gallatin

Hendersonville

Mt. Juliet

Beech

Lebanon

Wilson Central/Station Camp - I'm torn here

Portland

I believe the top 3 will prove to be very tough contests against each other. Beech will hang in there though. The rest are kind of toss ups. Good luck to all!