Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

I agree. I'm glad you'll be in for the game next week. There's one thing I've never understood about Greeneville athletics, the amount of fan support. South traveled as many if not more fans than what Greeneville had there. Same with basketball. I've always been disgusted by that. Charlie, you, Barb or noones fool have any opinion on that? And why that is?

I feel like we take a pretty good crowd on the road with us, but you have to understand that I'm a wrestler so I've become accustomed to having hardly anyone in the gym for matches therefore my opinion on this issue has become kind of warped. I think the fall out of 04'-06' had alot to do with it. In the one game I was able to come to this year though I was kind of disappointed with the fans that showed up against Mercer County; it was raining pretty good though. I don't think there will be any shortage next week...that you can count on.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBTeepee @ Nov 22 2008 - 12:08 AM)

McMinn Co. would have beaten any team in the MLC. Period. Their losses were to some of the best teams in the state, at any classification including Oltewah and twice to Farragut.

Then why were you a 2 touchdown favorite against them? I mean if they were that good?

REBEL NATION!

Um..... South was also a 2 TD pick over Greeneville and lost by more then DB did. Anyway, Congrats to the devils. They pulled a shocker. Upset heard around the state, especially with Greeneville's QB out. Not many saw this one coming. Everyone keep your chin up, there is always next year and basketball is here. Good luck devils against Maryville, you have a large task at hand.

QUOTE (DBTeepee @ Nov 22 2008 - 12:08 AM)

McMinn Co. would have beaten any team in the MLC. Period. Their losses were to some of the best teams in the state, at any classification including Oltewah and twice to Farragut.

Then why were you a 2 touchdown favorite against them? I mean if they were that good?

REBEL NATION!

Um..... South was also a 2 TD pick over Greeneville and lost by more then DB did. Anyway, Congrats to the devils. They pulled a shocker. Upset heard around the state, especially with Greeneville's QB out. Not many saw this one coming. Everyone keep your chin up, there is always next year and basketball is here. Good luck devils against Maryville, you have a large task at hand.

How's it going Bud ! My old school done it tonight, but DB had the team as well!!

Also, Fletcher is the real deal by the way. Seen it myself, doubters are haters. Boy can play.

How's it going Bud ! My old school done it tonight, but DB had the team as well!!

Goin well. Just ready for some Bball. Saw UT play MTSU tonight in a close one. Good game!

First of all, Congratulations to Greenville on there win tonight!! And, good luck next week and I hope you move on to the week after!!

Secondly, As a fan and alumni of South I tip my hat to all of the young men on South's team, and personally want to thank you guys very much for a great season!!! It has been a pleasure to watch you all play football all year long, I have enjoyed it totally, and will do so for the years to come. I myself couldn't be more proud of all of you!!! Best of luck in your future to all the seniors, I wish you all the best! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and THANK YOU for all of the fantastic Friday nights I have enjoyed watching you all play this great game of Football!!! And, for the future Rebels, lets get to pumping that iron and get into shape 09 is just 10 months away!!!

THANK YOU '08 REBELS!!!!

South, you have so much to be proud of. You have represented the MLC so well over the past 4 years, I can not put it into words. Greeneville, best of luck against Maryville, South had their shot last year. Now its your turn. No turnovers and a couple breaks and good playcalling at the right time and there is no reason you can't make something special happen. JDRebel, just work on your resume' and get ready to be a linebackers coach somewhere cool, everyone knows its gonna happen.

Good luck next week Greeneville. Once again, congrats to South, as a fellow county boy (Central) I have nothing but respect for you guys, I hope we can one day be a program at least somewhat like yours.

G'ville and NET should not be embarrassed at all about the Devils win. It was a great football game, I am sure.

The embarrassment I was speaking of was South's lack of achieving their potential and destiny. Football in NET will be poorer for it. With all respect to G'ville, no one outside of the town will care about the next round of the playoffs. A rematch of M'ville and South at Death Valley would have been state wide buzz. My comment was not so much about the game itself as about the opportunity for NET football to be in the limelight for a little while, at least.

State-wide buzz? You're only fooling yourself. I can assure you that west of Knoxville, very few even know where Sullivan County is, much less remember last years semi. Go yank someone else's chain.

Jonesy, The devil Faithful do support their Devils but they are comfort creatures as well. it was around 16-19 degrees when game ended. We are also big event people and the Greeneville faithful will be out in force next week with dual purposes. Support the Devils and to Watch Maryville in our own back yard. Cold next week but it will be 20 degrees warmer as well.

It is hard not to rip some of the posters, but the Southies have been excellent in handling their loss on here. They really are a class coaching staff and FB team.

Jonesy, The devil Faithful do support their Devils but they are comfort creatures as well. it was around 16-19 degrees when game ended. We are also big event people and the Greeneville faithful will be out in force next week with dual purposes. Support the Devils and to Watch Maryville in our own back yard. Cold next week but it will be 20 degrees warmer as well.

It is hard not to rip some of the posters, but the Southies have been excellent in handling their loss on here. They really are a class coaching staff and FB team.

And fans....except for that poor disappointed soul who sent his stadium seat flying onto the field at the end of the game.

This is one these guys will talk about for years. Blocking the last second field goal....a 4th down TD pass in OT thrown with a prayer and caught with a tippy-toe...and a goal-line stand against that truly great back....man you just can't make this stuff up. Maybe this is our year...maybe its THE year. c'mon MURVIL...we got us a purty new rug and can't wait to show it to ya.

I agree. Great game by both teams. Class act by both sides. Someone had to lose - it happened to be the Rebels this time.

Congratulations to the Rebels on a great season and great 4 year run. Congratulations to the Devils on their deepest playoff run since '02. (Is that right?)

I shouldn't be on here. And I will try to not be negative. #15 was labeled as a second class RB by some posters on here...it doesn't matter where they hail from. He gave his heart tonight. As he does every night he suites up. He plays 50 pounds over his weight. He breaks tackles like the explosion of pulling a rip cord at 12,000 feet. No matter.

Barb, Noonesfool...I assume you were at the game. For those of you not at the game then just read. It's like voting. If you don't vote then you don't have the right to ######. I have given Greeneville the accolades they deserve since preseason of '07. My official congratulations to you and I hope you represent NET well. It's a different brand of game you have never seen before. It is a chess game. A very unique experience. That said, you will not find superior athletes or super fast skill people. You will not find monster linemen and 4.4 speed. What you will find is the most intelligently played game of football you have ever seen. The intensity is not a struggle. It is business as usual. Good luck. Your preparation is purely mental.

You are a much better team without Greenway. Hall cannot replace him or his abilities. He was an extraordinary QB. But he did not elevate his team. Instead, he was a dictatorship and ruled as such. You are a complete team now. And I see you having abilities to be better than you played tonight if you concentrate as a team. It is, after all, a team sport. To compete with Maryville demands that you make no mistakes. That will be your key or the lack of.

I have many thoughts but only one I will voice. You play the game and it is what it is and there is no woulda, shoulda, coulda. You won and it is history.

I've already seen the film and heard a few testimonies from neutral people that were at the goal line. One was a police officer. #15 did break the plane on 3rd and goal in the second overtime. Bad breaks come and bad breaks go.

We will travel to Wofford in the am to meet the coaches. Hopefully something positive will come.

One thing is for sure...for your seniors, the longer you play the better your chances at getting that elusive offer they are so looking for. Use South as motivation to fight for all you can get and do what I have taught my son...never and I mean never...give up.

Celebrate well for your time is at hand. Rebel Nation.

Best wishes. You have been a joy on this board and your son and the Rebel team has done an outstanding job on the field.