Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

G'ville and NET should not be embarrassed at all about the Devils win. It was a great football game, I am sure.

The embarrassment I was speaking of was South's lack of achieving their potential and destiny. Football in NET will be poorer for it. With all respect to G'ville, no one outside of the town will care about the next round of the playoffs. A rematch of M'ville and South at Death Valley would have been state wide buzz. My comment was not so much about the game itself as about the opportunity for NET football to be in the limelight for a little while, at least.

who cares about what the rest of the state thinks. South earned the right to take a shot at them last year an Greeneville gets the chance this year. I think NET will be in the limelight because the devils could have called it quits after they lost there star qb but instead they adapted an fought there way to the final 4

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is so much to say, but at the same time I'm speechless. I'm so proud of the Devils, and I can't wait to catch the game next week when I'm home to eat turkey /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I'm sure Burley is going to be packed with fans from all across the region; it will be a great atmosphere. Just think...a couple years ago we were a losing team, the talent was there afterall just as we had all expected. Thanks Coach McCurry and staff for giving us the guidance, leadership, and having the faith and patience in us to turn things around.

And etfan...who exactlly are you a fan of? It sounds to me like you just hate the world for the most part and everyone in it. If you want you can come eat Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I promise we'll make you feel like family; hey! you may even smile. Who knows...we might even get you to laugh. Cheer up man...its the holidays. Eat some turkey and mashed taters on Thursday, watch a little Pro ball and take a nap, then come down and enjoy the game on Friday. If you hunt me down I'll even buy you a cheeseburger

Won't be a bad story about 1 team moving to 6A and the other down to 4A. Plus the turf at a school in the middle of nowhere gets some Buzzzzz, just maybe.

The story has already been written, David and Goliath. Maybe we can find a slingshot or an elephant gun this week. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

or maybe an i quote " there bus won't start" haha

Won't be a bad story about 1 team moving to 6A and the other down to 4A. Plus the turf at a school in the middle of nowhere gets some Buzzzzz, just maybe.

The story has already been written, David and Goliath. Maybe we can find a slingshot or an elephant gun this week. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

G'ville vs M'ville will be a great story. Just no coverage in the Tri Cities media or on the internet. TriCitiesSports.com will move on to basketball. The Knoxville and state media will move on to M'ville vs Henry Co. G'ville will still be on a high after this win; I predict M'ville by a large margin.

One thing the Devils have, though, is perhaps the best coaching staffing at the top three spots in NET (head coach, off coord, def coord). A great game plan and out coached the Rebels again. I would like to hear some perspective on this.

Well, after 4 years of Sullivan South football, it's hard to believe it's over.

I want to thank all of the DB, Norf, and the THS players/fans I saw at the game for coming out and supporting the Rebs tonight. It was a good one I guess, just not the way I was hoping it'd go(not to blame anybody... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ...). Good game guys, and much love to Rebel Nation!

SSHS_REBEL

There is so much to say, but at the same time I'm speechless. I'm so proud of the Devils, and I can't wait to catch the game next week when I'm home to eat turkey /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I'm sure Burley is going to be packed with fans from all across the region; it will be a great atmosphere. Just think...a couple years ago we were a losing team, the talent was there afterall just as we had all expected. Thanks Coach McCurry and staff for giving us the guidance, leadership, and having the faith and patience in us to turn things around.

And etfan...who exactlly are you a fan of? It sounds to me like you just hate the world for the most part and everyone in it. If you want you can come eat Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I promise we'll make you feel like family; hey! you may even smile. Who knows...we might even get you to laugh. Cheer up man...its the holidays. Eat some turkey and mashed taters on Thursday, watch a little Pro ball and take a nap, then come down and enjoy the game on Friday. If you hunt me down I'll even buy you a cheeseburger

Charlie he is a vikings fan! Please forgive him! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

NO HUMBLE PIE for the Rebs. They thought they could beat us and we thought otherwise. Double overtime and one of the best backs in the state stopped on the one foot line.

Sorry, but one team had to move on, but there were no losers. These young men from South and Greeneville will have the honor over the next 60 years to rub elbows and exchange stories about 4 games played over 2 years and how they split them.

Good job Rebs and Devils.

Congrats to greenedevils! What agreat game on a beautiful field. Ryan Fillers and Trevon Hall made huge plays as great players do. Close games turn on turnovers and breaks in the kicking game. South lost out on both fronts. The game was won in regulation with what was essentially an XP attempt FG.But give Greeneville credit for finding a way to get the block and extend the game to overtime. Beat Maryville!!!

Well, after 4 years of Sullivan South football, it's hard to believe it's over.

I want to thank all of the DB, Norf, and the THS players/fans I saw at the game for coming out and supporting the Rebs tonight. It was a good one I guess, just not the way I was hoping it'd go(not to blame anybody... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ...). Good game guys, and much love to Rebel Nation!

SSHS_REBEL

The Rebels were the most interesting football story in NET over the past four years. They just could not finish the deal this year. Of course, since we are still posting about them maybe that still makes them the top story.

I shouldn't be on here. And I will try to not be negative. #15 was labeled as a second class RB by some posters on here...it doesn't matter where they hail from. He gave his heart tonight. As he does every night he suites up. He plays 50 pounds over his weight. He breaks tackles like the explosion of pulling a rip cord at 12,000 feet. No matter.

Barb, Noonesfool...I assume you were at the game. For those of you not at the game then just read. It's like voting. If you don't vote then you don't have the right to ######. I have given Greeneville the accolades they deserve since preseason of '07. My official congratulations to you and I hope you represent NET well. It's a different brand of game you have never seen before. It is a chess game. A very unique experience. That said, you will not find superior athletes or super fast skill people. You will not find monster linemen and 4.4 speed. What you will find is the most intelligently played game of football you have ever seen. The intensity is not a struggle. It is business as usual. Good luck. Your preparation is purely mental.

You are a much better team without Greenway. Hall cannot replace him or his abilities. He was an extraordinary QB. But he did not elevate his team. Instead, he was a dictatorship and ruled as such. You are a complete team now. And I see you having abilities to be better than you played tonight if you concentrate as a team. It is, after all, a team sport. To compete with Maryville demands that you make no mistakes. That will be your key or the lack of.

I have many thoughts but only one I will voice. You play the game and it is what it is and there is no woulda, shoulda, coulda. You won and it is history.

I've already seen the film and heard a few testimonies from neutral people that were at the goal line. One was a police officer. #15 did break the plane on 3rd and goal in the second overtime. Bad breaks come and bad breaks go.

We will travel to Wofford in the am to meet the coaches. Hopefully something positive will come.

One thing is for sure...for your seniors, the longer you play the better your chances at getting that elusive offer they are so looking for. Use South as motivation to fight for all you can get and do what I have taught my son...never and I mean never...give up.

Celebrate well for your time is at hand. Rebel Nation.