SP at TC

purplegoldfan

Durn this is unbelievable first a RBS fan and now a Commander fan. Whats next pigs flying or even better than that a Watertown fan. Could it be?? : /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well, if we can't win it, I want a fellow region 4 team to put it to em. Shouldn't be a problem. They are good, but nothing like last year. Very beatable. Again, TC puts the smackdown on the Pirates pretty handily.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if we can't win it, I want a fellow region 4 team to put it to em. Shouldn't be a problem. They are good, but nothing like last year. Very beatable. Again, TC puts the smackdown on the Pirates pretty handily.

Well thanks for the confidence and i wish i was as confident as you. I definitely think we can win but i know it will be a battle. Congrats on a great season!!! It sounds like y'all played hard and didn't give up.SP was very good last year but i went to y'alls game with them last year and thought some of your boys gave up on there teamates. i was glad to see that didn't happen again this year. Fcs continues to be a force several years running now and from the looks of it, with the new regions being announced, we will continue to do battle for awhile. From what i understand y'all don't lose to many guys to graduation this time that should make for some interesting play in the new/same old region next year. GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!

My beef was about the coach running it up on hapless teams. he is gone. This coach and team have done an awesome job....besides....when I listen to South Pittsburg fans...........their arrogance is usually surpassed by their mouths overloading their "your know whats"...and that is a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TC wins 28-14 on the Creekbank where their lifetime record is 4,912 wins and 6 losses

Put yourself in Coach Satterfield's position. If you started subbing after 5 minutes into the game, and no matter who or how many subs you put into the game, they kept scoring, what would you have done. It sounds like the only way to prevent running up the score would be to stop the game early. As a previous poster said, you can't ask the players to sandbag and "not score". Is that what you would have done?

When I was at TC, we had so few players that Coach Jim B. Satterfield would make us scrimmage one side of the first-team line against the other side of the first team line.That was the only way to acheive a competitive scrimmage. If you don't have 3rd or 4th team subs, you can't put them in the game.

Again, what is your solution? What would you have done to prevent running up the score?

SP has a good team. Not taking anything away, but TC wins easy. They will mop up the creekbank with the Pirates. Sorry guys, just ot good enough this year. Can't believe I'm saying this but.....go yellowjackets.

WOW is all i can say to this ignorance. Well get ready for a show because i am confident that the pirates will win. they have heart and most of all TALENT everywhere. not say TC doesnt just saying we have more all around playmakers. and news flash to everybody south pitt doesnt just play offense any more we also play DEFENSE. bring your popcorn... TC-14 SP-28 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WOW is all i can say to this ignorance. Well get ready for a show because i am confident that the pirates will win. they have heart and most of all TALENT everywhere. not say TC doesnt just saying we have more all around playmakers. and news flash to everybody south pitt doesnt just play offense any more we also play DEFENSE. bring your popcorn... TC-14 SP-28 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I was also confident that the Vols would atleast beat Wyoming but that didn't happen...sadly but true...TC--28 SP-20...

TC and SP have played two common opponents, Clay County and Friendship Christian. TC's margin of victory was greater than SP's for both of these teams. TC, which you say is not as well-rounded as SP, has two Mr. Football finalists, and SP has one. Considering all this, plus the fact that the game is being played on the creek bank, do you think TC has a chance of winning against SP? How many points is the creek bank worth?

TC and SP have played two common opponents, Clay County and Friendship Christian. TC's margin of victory was greater than SP's for both of these teams. TC, which you say is not as well-rounded as SP, has two Mr. Football finalists, and SP has one. Considering all this, plus the fact that the game is being played on the creek bank, do you think TC has a chance of winning against SP? How many points is the creek bank worth?

of course TC has a chance but i dont see it happening. but on your comparison to teams played, that has nothing to do with anything. we played MC at the beginning of the year and beat them 48-13 then they lost by one to boyd who we beat by one and then they beat Tyner by 10 and we beat tyner by 7. sooooooo thats y comparing one game to the other doesnt matter at all. like i said Sp-28 TC-14.

Wow I bein waiting for this one all year & its finally here! I was to young to travel to the creekbank 10 years ago. From what I hear it wouldnt have been a joyful trip anyways so I guess I didnt miss anything. Hopefully S.P. can make this trip a better one. I can remember the year after that at South Pitt when we beat Trousdale I dont think I have seen a game like that since then but on to the game...I know that South Pitt will come out ready to play & focused. I think they can come away with the victory if they play mistake free football. SPs defense will have to play a big role in SP getting that W & I think they can. Either way it will be a hard fought game. I will have my prediction later & right now I dont see this game being won by 2 touchdowns by either team. I think it will come down to the very last second. Oh yeah & for the question that was asked. No doubt in my mind the winner will be the State Champion just like every other time these 2 teams have met. Like it was said ealier its just a different brand of football! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

O.K. guys, I've almost dried out from my evening on the creekbank, so let's start talkin'!!!! What about the Pirates and the Jackets??? Will this determine the 1A champ a few weeks early???

South Pitt, just like always, has 2 or 3 guys with too much speed for us to handle. Big plays by those individual players killed us. It wasn't their blocking or their scheme, it was not being able to get to a guy because of his speed and athleticism. We stopped them well enough to win for 90 percent of the game. It was that 10 percent that hurt us on D.

Other than that we moved the ball on them pretty well both in a ball control offence, and then when we had to spread it out. We really just kept shooting our own foot off with bad snaps, fumbles, and movement penalties.

TC won't have those problems. They play the best team ball I've seen for a while in 1A. It's hard to believe that y'all are the same team as the last couple years. That new coach has really made a difference. I don't think SP will be able to stop your offence. So the question is can you stop their big play guys? TC doesn't have the speed of those 2 or 3 guys, so can they will have to string it out and tackle.

If TC doesn't give up big plays they win. That's not pulling for either team, just from seeing both teams play.