SP at TC

purplegoldfan

I disagree playing at Tyner is all the road game experience you need...You can bank on that

I whole heartedly agree with that statement powerp. Its about as intense as a regular season game can get, and that particular one at that time definitely had a playoff atmosphere to it. Pirates didn't buckle then and I don't see it happening tonight either. Good luck to Sir Keaton and the entire Pirate team; almost a given that winner of this game becomes 1A state champs for 2008.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that is has been mentioned, but I may be wrong. S.P has not traveled in the playoffs since 2003. None of the current players on this roster has played in a road playoff game. This has to be an advantage for T.C.

They were on the road in the state game last season. But other than that you are correct, they haven't traveled since '03.

Man I'm so psyched about watching this game tonight. I expect a battle for the ages. Trousdale's great technique and football sense against South Pittsburg's speed and strength. I'm gonna come early, hope there will be a seat. I predicted earlier Trousdale 28 SP 21, but I'm gonna say now Trousdale 21 SP 20.

Old Pirate says "The Day" has finally got here and game plans are complete. Some players have practiced their last practice and will be welcomed into the world of The Has Beens. OP believes this will be a typical TC/SP game with an atmosphere unsurpassed. The Pirates will surely be a tough challenge for the yellowjackets that will battle til the end. The Pirates will surely get stung several times by them pesty yellow jackets.

OP says looking at this match up the home field and kicking game will be in TC's advantage, say 13 pts throw in 1 extra TD=20pts. OP says the Pirates will be hard to hold below 20 pts if they protect the ball. The SP defense will be challenged to keep TC from controling the clock & driving deep enough into Pirate territory to prevent field goals. Prediction......................................OP believes the Pirates have more play makers & will win based on these thoughts. OP says everybody be safe and hold on...it's going to be a ride of emotions tonight for all.

Are most people taking 231n to10and25E or taking the 141 which look's closer from Lebanon but i don't know how the road is. Can somebody over in that area tell me which is the best way?thank you!

231 North is a better road to travel to the 231/25 intersection. 141 may be closer (not sure about that), but it is curvier. 141 will bring you straight to the lights of the field, whereas you will turn right at the first red light if you come in on Highway 25. By the way, if you're not getting here really early, you best bet would be to park at the City Park and walk across the street to the baseball field gate. The park is just past the courthouse on the right.

231 North is a better road to travel to the 231/25 intersection. 141 may be closer (not sure about that), but it is curvier. 141 will bring you straight to the lights of the field, whereas you will turn right at the first red light if you come in on Highway 25. By the way, if you're not getting here really early, you best bet would be to park at the City Park and walk across the street to the baseball field gate. The park is just past the courthouse on the right.

Thanks for the info. Just trying to get a heads up on the place. You now how construction is sometimes[especially in TN]. I know if a person hasn't been to SP in the last 10 years the roads are a little different now. Thanks friend!

Purplegoldfan,

I will probably be in town around 4. Where are you going to eat pregame?

Might show up at Jacket's Nest, but it will probably be around 5:00. Maybe we will cross paths somewhere tonight. By the way, no matter who wins tonight, this TC fans wants to say thanks for all the respect the SP folks have shown on this thread. You're always welcome in TC. Hope your boys and ours both have an injury free game and I'm sure the loser of this one will support the winner 100%.

See all yall tonight!!!!