SP at TC

purplegoldfan

Friday night was the first time I saw SP play this year but seen almost every game last year. I could not understand why Jones who I felt was the best defensive player SP had last year never stepped on the field on defense. Is he banged up or has it been that way all year? Maybe some of the SP faithful can answer that question.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One quick Rant:

Officiating is bad most every game. These refs were no exeption and had no outcome on the game most likely. Even if they do catch the offsides there's not any guarantee #24 doesn't make another big play as he did all second half. The thing that the officials did that I saw that was bush league was after the game. Since when has a crew ever stuck around after a game instead of running off the field ASAP? These guys not only stuck around, but also gave the S.P. crowd and players a chance to take out frustration on them. Who's to blame there? That showed a lack of professionalism and is 10 times worse than any play they blew. It was they, not Trousdale that rubbed in the fact that S.P. had lost.

Trousdale is total CLASS. Hard workers who play hard every play and deserved the win. Good luck here on out.

I was wondering when the name calling and threats would start. Ya'll waited almost 2 days after a loss, a record for you.

I just call em like I see em.

Is Temple seeking to eventually have a high school team again, I noticed they had a middle school team in some of the TFP box scores.

He wasn't penciled in to play much defense during week of practice.I don't care about MVP either, it's the lack of respect of the kids.I just used your post to respond.None of us have a vote in the matter.It's just shows how much we think about all of these kids.I thought that the players coaches as well should take blame for wins and lost games.

OK

You can talk MVP all you want... who really cares they lost, but without #2 I seriously doubt Pittsburg reaches 27 games in a row in the win column. They had a great season and still should have won but a few different choices and a better offensive line as said all year and pittsburg wins anyway. They still almost got lucky again and score but the pass was missed.

I think he got hit in the game but he has been injury plagued all season. Not sure why he thought he could play offense but not D.

I didn't see any kicking going on and no penalities were called. Did you actually see it?

He only got injured in the boyd game and that is because of fighting for extra yards while being hit as soon as you get the ball. If only players like Cody Wordlaw would have got to see the offensive side of the ball. South Pittsburg though they could get it done on the defensive side of the ball without him and came up just short. The seniors had a great time there, and had many successes and for the players that playing careers that will resume in college Good Luck because that will be greater than having to deal with jealously

Don't need to look at game film. KL has watched every ballgame this year. KL is not pointing fingers at anyone. Just stating that Montrell comes every week ready to play and leaves it all on the field. All KL is saying BossBro that if I had a vote in it, which I don't so don't worry, Montrell would be my vote for MVP. That is not knocking David at all, he is an exceptional athlete.

I believe I would name the entire defense the mvp this year.I dont understand why David didnt play defense he is a much better linebecker than a running back.We needed him there if he was able to play at all.Defense is what wins championships.Maybe his shoulder is one of the reasons he didnt gain alot of yardage but in this old pirates opinion we have many able and capible backs but not as deep at linebacker.And the Montrell thing.Dont understand why Montrell wasnt the #1 back going into this season. He played behind Robert last year and had a better year than David did last year or am I wrong?He hasnt ever gotten the air time that David has for some reason.Dont get me wrong David is a good back but Montrell is a better all around runningback.Should have played David only on defense and he had a good chance making a big play on D to turn the game around...I think in college he will be a linebacker not a running back unless he goes to a smeller college and That wont happen.This is only MY opinion so dont take offense BossBro he is a great young man and ballplayer...

snoball:

what you asked me in the other forum that got locked, about the trousdale fans on the south pitt side.

they were trying to irritate the south pitt fans as much as possible. and they were getting a mouth full. i really thought there was gonna be a fight. it was pretty classless by trousdale fans.

and i forgot i made this pic...

Zone,

You hit the nail on the head here. Montrell is without a doubt the backbone of the South Pitt team. He comes every week and lays it on the line. He is also a great kid off the field. He has a reason to be a little cocky on the field, because he can back it up. He is my vote for MVP of this team. I hope he gets it at the banquet. I wish Montrell the best of luck in whatever he decides to do.

Good talking with OP and Ambassador last night down there with the other rail birds. I walked up to the stands for a minute and stood on the back row, but there was an aroma coming from somewhere. I thought it might be that almost dried up Creek. It smelled exactly like what KL smelt two weeks ago against Clay Co.

OP, glad you made it home safely and didn't wind up in Nashville at De Ja Vu. You would have had De Ja Vu again if you went there. I'm sure a skillet attack would have been in order.

Trousdale, you guys played one heck of a game last night. We had plenty of chances to make something happen, but everytime you bowed your back. I wish nothing but the best of luck for you the next two weeks. If I was a bettin man, I would say you need to make some room for another gold ball.

PowerP: Who are you to get on here and bash Vic? I thought we had a good game plan. It is the players resposibility to execute it. I think if Vic had is choice, David would have been out there on defense.

KL, Old PIrate says it has become rather easy for fans to start pointing fingers and it is a long way from being over. Most are still in shock and will be out in force this next week. OP is sad that the Pirate's voyage ended short of their goal. Blame/reasons................yeh there is some from a lot of different angles. The 1 point is OP would make is in the overall scope the Pirates and these seniors have provided a lot of pleasure for the SP fans. OP believes strongly some folks aided early on dumping over due praise on these kids before their 1st game. OP feels they may have gotten a little too satisfied and were unable to stay hungry.

As for the 09 Pirate team that will again "potentially" be very good. "IF" they'll work hard, stay hungry and become a cohesive unit that continues to improve "each" week can reach their goals. Those are things this OP saw dimenish as the season went along.

PowerP. perhaps some provided too much info on coacht and well who knows, maybe we SP posters aided in the loss?

The cheer leader at the locker room entrance? OP stayed around that area to take shelter in the rest rooms and the 1 you maybe talking about was David Wyatt a former allstate middle linebacker that played on those great SP teams in the mid 80s.

He is over 6ft and wore a toeboggin. Yep, he obviously was a lttle fared up from partaking of that bottle of juice. Great guy and tough as heck, just gets fared up sometimes. OP didn't see Geno down there but perhaps it was him that you maybe referring too.