SP at TC

purplegoldfan

Old Pirate says great post there TDS. OP was thinking and as for history making.....SP placed 2 on the Mr.Football finalist ballot on consecutive years. Maybe OP is wrong??????? TDS, perhaps you know for sure.

Aww, come on OP, you know the answer to this one is '98 and '99. Eddie Moore didn't win it in '98 and Aaron Chambers did win it in'99. Maybe this will be a repeat of history. Robert didn't win it last year, maybe David can win it this year.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, come on OP, you know the answer to this one is '98 and '99. Eddie Moore didn't win it in '98 and Aaron Chambers did win it in'99. Maybe this will be a repeat of history. Robert didn't win it last year, maybe David can win it this year.

Dad burnit TDS, come to think of it your right. Hey, the Pirate PROGRAM may have set a record 2 times 2 yr back-to-back finalists! OP would give up his dentures and would take a skillet attack every night from the wife "IF" the team could have repeated.

Dad burnit TDS, come to think of it your right. Hey, the Pirate PROGRAM may have set a record 2 times 2 yr back-to-back finalists! OP would give up his dentures and would take a skillet attack every night from the wife "IF" the team could have repeated.

It would have been nice. Oh well, it gives the guys something to stick in their minds and use as motivation for next year.

I have read and read and didn't want to post because I didn't want to speak while I was upset. Initially I was mad at the refs for a couple of calls which resulted in crucial first downs, but even after all of that SP still had a chance to score at the end and could not get it done. I don't want to bash any coaches or players, plain and simple, TC remained calm through out the whole game and never stop pushing forward. I commend their Defensive line. They whipped our OL all night.

Seems like everyone saw calls that weren't up to par, on both sides. I did as well, but basically

it looked like the refs were just letting them play. TC had one call, SP had 5, according to the

article in the paper.

#24, Tyler Edwards, was a force in this game. The reason he hadn't been seen earlier in the

season, was, he is the second string fullback. He took over after our starting guard got injuried,

and the starting back, Josh Cunningham, was moved to guard....Edwards took over the starting

FB spot & has excelled there since. Cunningham was the one (#55) that played havoc in the SP

backfield all nite. Both sides put on quite a battle & show. Game could easily have went either

way.

Do I wish certain plays weren't made at certain... yes... but I have confidence in our coaches that if they felt it was the right call, then it was the right call. I don't think it was that our players didn't execute the plays, I just think that TC's players executed their plays better. I have said all year that Vic and the staff have done an excellent job, and even though I didn't understand some things, I am just a Fan, not a coach. Congrats to SP for the good season. TC.... win the gold ball!

Calls are made at the time by coaches for a reason. The best of calls don't always work.

Hindsight is much easier. A bad call looks great when it works. The fans shouldn't get on Vics'

case just because a good play went bad. It happens. TC & everyone else has done the same.

To David Jones....

Best of luck in your awaited career at the college level. I hope this season was merely a building block for your future.

Good luck to David. Maybe he'll be playing on TV on Saturday next season.

To Montrell Mitchell....

You are by far the heart of the team! I admire you for your determination all season long. You made the most of every play. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and please make the most of it.

Mitchell was a beast on def. Made plays all nite.

To the rest of SP...

Get ready in the off season, and lets win the next couple gold balls to prove we have a tradition that will carry on year after year.

The ole Grunt has no doubt SP will start filling up that trophy case next year.

Thanks to all the SP fans for their support thru the years. Great games, mutual respect, and a

great rivalry, atmosphere off the chart.

Good luck fellows, maybe we'll meet again years down the road. You never know what Ronnie

Carter will have in store. LOL /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thanks to all the SP fans for their support thru the years. Great games, mutual respect, and a

Good luck fellows, maybe we'll meet again years down the road. You never know what Ronnie

Carter will have in store. LOL /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I hate that this "rivalry" has to come to an end again. Hopefully something can be worked out and we will all meet up in the future. These 6 games have been fun.

Good luck the rest of this season TC, I'll be pulling for you.

And even though the TSSAA is causing our paths to split once against, I'll be checking out the standings to how the boys from Hartsville are doing in the future.

SP could have moved into Class 2A playoffs, remaining Class A for the regular season. Not arguing, but you could have been in the postseason with Boyd, Trousdale, Marion and Signal Mountain.

The inherent problem with that is the simple fact that Trousdale, Oneida and Jasper (Marion) have twice the enrollment SP has (243). SP plays Jasper ever year anyway regardless of classification. SP and Jasper will play even if Jasper gets moved up to Div I NCAA. Furthermore, SP beat Jasper, Boyd, and Tyner the past two seasons.

Edit: Oneida and TC would be going up in classification even under the old A, AA, AAA system.

Yes, Grunt. Much respect for TC, always have always will. I wish TC the best.

Well, I don't say a whole lot and when I do I try to put a lot of thought into it. I have been watching SP since 1976 (the first game I remember South Pittsburg vs. Sequatchie Co.) I have seen a lot of football at the high school level since I was 6 years old. I have had the pleasure of seeing some great games and not so great games and also I have missed some good ones in the last 10 years due to other things going on in life. I will have to say the TC and SP game was a classic probably the best I have seen (that is debateable). I have seen a lot of games from a somewhat neutral perspective since at one time I was a broadcaster. I have seen football from most classifications most of the larger class games being from middle Tennessee. I haven't broadcasted a game in 9 years the last being Sequatchie Co. vs Grundy Co. in 1999 (CHS4Life correct me if I am wrong). The game last Friday was the BEST I have seen I would have liked to one more time had the opportunity to broadcast or do PA for a game as good as that one. Congratulations to TC you have a great team and I knew going in that the game would be decided by a touchdown or less. Both teams played great defense and TC made the plays when they needed them. SP couldn't really get going until the 4th quarter and I thought they scored with too much time left. TC really put together a great drive at the end to eat up clock and eventually score. TC has my support and hopefully we can get together for a couple of regular season games in the future. I think it would make both teams better.