SP at TC

purplegoldfan

Maybe thats whats wrong here, you think its Ok TO LOSE. Keep that attitude and SP and TC ,Alcoa, Maryville, BA, MBA will continue to stuff Gold Balls in their Trophy Cases.

TC, Alcoa, Maryville, BA, MBA, etc. doesn't talk like that. UC has several gold balls in their trophy case (in basketball) but we don't talk like that either.

The question is, do you sell your soul to the devil to win? The way you play the game counts. Another question for you slimshady, has SP championships won at any cost helped you in any way in your career as an adult? The characteristics that you learn when you play the game and how you play the game sets the foundations for these kids when they become adults.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC, Alcoa, Maryville, BA, MBA, etc. doesn't talk like that. UC has several gold balls in their trophy case (in basketball) but we don't talk like that either.

The question is, do you sell your soul to the devil to win? The way you play the game counts. Another question for you slimshady, has SP championships won at any cost helped you in any way in your career as an adult? The characteristics that you learn when you play the game and how you play the game sets the foundations for these kids when they become adults.

I'm not from SP. And if you don't think winning means anything to the schools I mentioned, YOU KNOW NOTHING.

I'm not from SP. And if you don't think winning means anything to the schools I mentioned, YOU KNOW NOTHING.

I know the big picture. Didn't say anything about winning not important, just how you play the game is important as well. Winning the game gives short term satisfaction in the grand scheme of things. How you play the game has lasting effects.

Monkey Wrench, according to this pic, you were right next to us boys from Cloudland. We made the 5 hr trip to watch one heck of a game. We were in the upper corner of the SP stands near the 15 yd line. I recognize every one in the pic. You must have been right beside us.

yea i was right in that corner of the stands...did you happen to see the trousdale people and the south pitt people like gettin into it?

Its took me awhile to get back on here but first off I would like to say good luck to Trousdale next week & the week after that if you all get past Oneida(which im sure you will /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />). People can say what they want to say about the refs I am sure they made bad calls just like refs do in every game. I know one thing when SP had them on 3rd down a few times that last drive them refs didnt have anything to do with that sweep to the left that we couldnt stop. Everyone around me knew what the play was going to be I dont know why they couldnt stop it. The facts are the facts & I said all week SP was going to take care of business & well TC took care of business /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Dont hold your head down though Pirates you had one heck of a season. The winning streak and the Gold Ball you all brought home last year will always be remembered. I have 100 percent confidence that you all will be back again next year in the thick of things hopefully playing for another one. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Its took me awhile to get back on here but first off I would like to say good luck to Trousdale next week & the week after that if you all get past Oneida(which im sure you will /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ). People can say what they want to say about the refs I am sure they made bad calls just like refs do in every game. I know one thing when SP had them on 3rd down a few times that last drive them refs didnt have anything to do with that sweep to the left that we couldnt stop. Everyone around me knew what the play was going to be I dont know why they couldnt stop it. The facts are the facts & I said all week SP was going to take care of business & well TC took care of business /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Dont hold your head down though Pirates you had one heck of a season. The winning streak and the Gold Ball you all brought home last year will always be remembered. I have 100 percent confidence that you all will be back again next year in the thick of things hopefully playing for another one. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Thats what a REAL SUPPORTER SAYS. TC made plays SP didn't. SP knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it. SP has a great team and tradition, I'm sure ya'll will be at the top of 1A next year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whew, just got on and have been reading since 4:00 to get caught up on everything.

First off, congratulations to Trousdale County. You guys played one heck of a game. Very few mistakes were made and that makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the other team to win. Especially when they have to come to your place to play. Players, coaches, fans, you have reason to celebrate. I personally think you will win another golden football. #24 was a heck of a runner, where was he all season long? I think I saw where he was the team's 3rd leading rusher. He was the best performer of the night for either team offensively.

As for the game itself, there has been a lot of complaining about the officiating. I saw some things myself that I question. But I am sure that the Trousdale people could say the same thing from their side. As fans we mostly see what goes against our own team. For the most part though it looked like the guys in stripes may have wanted to get out of the way and let the players from each side win or lose this game. That's the way that it should be.

Both of these teams played an excellent defensive game. The reason that 2 of the state's best offenses were shut down is because 2 of the state's best defenses were staring down at them from the other side of the line. I think neither team gave up more than 8 points per game on average this season so you had to know that there would be a good defensive showing.

Also, I want to say that I don't see the need for people to come on here and publicly bash coaches or players for any reason. Those coaches and players that are getting bashed (or at least criticized) by a select few are a big part of the reason that we made it as far as we did. Could some things have been done differently? Possibly, but hindsight is always 20/20. If anyone doesn't like something about how certain players performed, well, you are out of luck. But if you don't like the calls of certain coaches then you can always go back to school, get a degree and apply for a coaching position yourself and see how you can do. Otherwise, just sit back and let them do their jobs.

Now finally, congratulations to the South Pittsburg players and coaches. The game and the season may be over and it hurts. But you guys gave us all something to be proud of and something to look back on for a long time to come. The winning streak, 3 classic games this season, another Mr. Football finalist, some of the best athletes we've had ... it's been a fun season.

Seniors, be proud of what you have accomplished. You leave the field as one of the winningest classes of all time. That is saying a lot when you come from South Pittsburg because there has been a lot of winning over the years. You have the aforementioned winning streak to your credit as well as the rings from last season. Hold your heads high and be proud of what you have done. Enjoy the rest of your school year and good luck in wherever your future takes you.

For you other players, take what you have have learned from this season and build off of it for next year. Start working towards next season and another golden football. Juniors and seniors for next year, you still have a chance to make history. Collect 2 football championships before you leave the hallways of South Pittsburg high school. It has never been done before.

Coach Grider and staff, it was a fun ride and I am already waiting impatiently for next year.

Thank you Pirates!

I have read and read and didn't want to post because I didn't want to speak while I was upset. Initially I was mad at the refs for a couple of calls which resulted in crucial first downs, but even after all of that SP still had a chance to score at the end and could not get it done. I don't want to bash any coaches or players, plain and simple, TC remained calm through out the whole game and never stop pushing forward. I commend their Defensive line. They whipped our OL all night.

Do I wish certain plays weren't made at certain... yes... but I have confidence in our coaches that if they felt it was the right call, then it was the right call. I don't think it was that our players didn't execute the plays, I just think that TC's players executed their plays better. I have said all year that Vic and the staff have done an excellent job, and even though I didn't understand some things, I am just a Fan, not a coach. Congrats to SP for the good season. TC.... win the gold ball!

To David Jones....

Best of luck in your awaited career at the college level. I hope this season was merely a building block for your future.

To Montrell Mitchell....

You are by far the heart of the team! I admire you for your determination all season long. You made the most of every play. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and please make the most of it.

To the rest of SP...

Get ready in the off season, and lets win the next couple gold balls to prove we have a tradition that will carry on year after year.

Well PirateMike I was like you I needed to wait a couple day's before I posted. Congrats to SP on a good season and we know there's plenty of work to do before next year. Trousdale my hat's off to you all because you never quit and quite frankly you wanted it more than us! Yea there was some bad call's against us but we had the chance to overcome them and just didn't. #24 for you all was the best player on the field for Trousdale and #25 for us. Goodluck to you all in your final 1a championship. It's been a good rivalry. Thank's for some great memories!

`First of all I was in the stands all night and never left them... i was on the 50 yard line at the very top... what kill's me about this site and some fan's if you disagree with a coach you call it bashing... no one has said anything of a personal nature at all about any coach... I say it now and in the future we lost this game on not so thought out play calling. and not playing a better def line on offense... as far as David Jones goes in my opinion he is a great player that deserves MVP... even though he only got 3 or 4 carries in some games. who's fault is that... Montrell is a hoss also.. along with most of this team... Talent only takes you so far.... some times you have to out coach a Team.... I agree with Powerp 100% not a bash on any coach at all... I mean when everyone yelled about coach Fulmer was it bashing??? not at all....this is a single A Team.. period.. we have a tradition on playing smashmouth football and playing both sides of the ball... if you dont put the best in there time after time it will haunt you at some point.. and it did.. why practice for 2 weeks putting the biggest and best off line in and then dont do it at game time.. just tell me that.... PS.... Congrats to our own Chris Jones the new Def coord, for the Calgary stampede in the CFL.. he took over a def that was last in there league and turned them into a first def in the league and last night his Def and Team won the Grey Cup in Canada... the anouncers said he was the best Def coord in the league... congrats Chris.. well done....

Whew, just got on and have been reading since 4:00 to get caught up on everything.?  First off, congratulations to Trousdale County.?  You guys played one heck of a game.?  Very few mistakes were made and that makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the other team to win.?  Especially when they have to come to your place to play.?  Players, coaches, fans, you have reason to celebrate.?  I personally think you will win another golden football.?  #24 was a heck of a runner, where was he all season long??  I think I saw where he was the team's 3rd leading rusher.?  He was the best performer of the night for either team offensively.?  As for the game itself, there has been a lot of complaining about the officiating.?  I saw some things myself that I question.?  But I am sure that the Trousdale people could say the same thing from their side.?  As fans we mostly see what goes against our own team.?  For the most part though it looked like the guys in stripes may have wanted to get out of the way and let the players from each side win or lose this game.?  That's the way that it should be.?  Both of these teams played an excellent defensive game.?  The reason that 2 of the state's best offenses were shut down is because 2 of the state's best defenses were staring down at them from the other side of the line.?  I think neither team gave up more than 8 points per game on average this season so you had to know that there would be a good defensive showing.?  Also, I want to say that I don't see the need for people to come on here and publicly bash coaches or players for any reason.?  Those coaches and players that are getting bashed (or at least criticized) by a select few are a big part of the reason that we made it as far as we did.?  Could some things have been done differently??  Possibly, but hindsight is always 20/20.?  If anyone doesn't like something about how certain players performed, well, you are out of luck.?  But if you don't like the calls of certain coaches then you can always go back to school, get a degree and apply for a coaching position yourself and see how you can do.?  Otherwise, just sit back and let them do their jobs.?  Now finally, congratulations to the South Pittsburg players and coaches.?  The game and the season may be over and it hurts.?  But you guys gave us all something to be proud of and something to look back on for a long time to come.?  The winning streak, 3 classic games this season, another Mr. Football finalist, some of the best athletes we've had ... it's been a fun season.?  Seniors, be proud of what you have accomplished.?  You leave the field as one of the winningest classes of all time.?  That is saying a lot when you come from South Pittsburg because there has been a lot of winning over the years.?  You have the aforementioned winning streak to your credit as well as the rings from last season.?  Hold your heads high and be proud of what you have done.?  Enjoy the rest of your school year and good luck in wherever your future takes you.?  For you other players, take what you have have learned from this season and build off of it for next year.?  Start working towards next season and another golden football.?  Juniors and seniors for next year, you still have a chance to make history.?  Collect 2 football championships before you leave the hallways of South Pittsburg high school.?  It has never been done before.?  Coach Grider and staff, it was a fun ride and I am already waiting impatiently for next year.?  Thank you Pirates!

One of the greatest post I have ever read.Thank You and I will say SP Pirate are a class program from stem to stearn.Be Proud Pirates for you have earned it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whew, just got on and have been reading since 4:00 to get caught up on everything.

First off, congratulations to Trousdale County. You guys played one heck of a game. Very few mistakes were made and that makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the other team to win. Especially when they have to come to your place to play. Players, coaches, fans, you have reason to celebrate. I personally think you will win another golden football. #24 was a heck of a runner, where was he all season long? I think I saw where he was the team's 3rd leading rusher. He was the best performer of the night for either team offensively.

As for the game itself, there has been a lot of complaining about the officiating. I saw some things myself that I question. But I am sure that the Trousdale people could say the same thing from their side. As fans we mostly see what goes against our own team. For the most part though it looked like the guys in stripes may have wanted to get out of the way and let the players from each side win or lose this game. That's the way that it should be.

Both of these teams played an excellent defensive game. The reason that 2 of the state's best offenses were shut down is because 2 of the state's best defenses were staring down at them from the other side of the line. I think neither team gave up more than 8 points per game on average this season so you had to know that there would be a good defensive showing.

Also, I want to say that I don't see the need for people to come on here and publicly bash coaches or players for any reason. Those coaches and players that are getting bashed (or at least criticized) by a select few are a big part of the reason that we made it as far as we did. Could some things have been done differently? Possibly, but hindsight is always 20/20. If anyone doesn't like something about how certain players performed, well, you are out of luck. But if you don't like the calls of certain coaches then you can always go back to school, get a degree and apply for a coaching position yourself and see how you can do. Otherwise, just sit back and let them do their jobs.

Now finally, congratulations to the South Pittsburg players and coaches. The game and the season may be over and it hurts. But you guys gave us all something to be proud of and something to look back on for a long time to come. The winning streak, 3 classic games this season, another Mr. Football finalist, some of the best athletes we've had ... it's been a fun season.

Seniors, be proud of what you have accomplished. You leave the field as one of the winningest classes of all time. That is saying a lot when you come from South Pittsburg because there has been a lot of winning over the years. You have the aforementioned winning streak to your credit as well as the rings from last season. Hold your heads high and be proud of what you have done. Enjoy the rest of your school year and good luck in wherever your future takes you.

For you other players, take what you have have learned from this season and build off of it for next year. Start working towards next season and another golden football. Juniors and seniors for next year, you still have a chance to make history. Collect 2 football championships before you leave the hallways of South Pittsburg high school. It has never been done before.

Coach Grider and staff, it was a fun ride and I am already waiting impatiently for next year.

Thank you Pirates!

Old Pirate says great post there TDS. OP was thinking and as for history making.....SP placed 2 on the Mr.Football finalist ballot on consecutive years. Maybe OP is wrong??????? TDS, perhaps you know for sure.