JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw JCS tonight and they are good. Accurate passer and a stable of recievers. They also have a good run game and good run defense. They would be a formidible opponet for any team around.

Hopefully Milan will take the things that went wrong tonight, learn from them, and fix them. If we turn the ball over 4 or 5 times, JCS will probably beat us. We just can't afford those type of mistakes in the quarterfinals. If both teams play their best, Milan wins. I think Milan will play their best.

Not many games in West Tennessee next friday. Hopefully we'll have a big crowd.

milan has to play man coverage and bump the receivers at the line and not play 8 yards off. frustrate their receivers by being physical with them. if we mix it up on offense with our weapons then the dawgs should be victorious. how well our db's are prepared during practice this week should also factor in heavily on the outcome. milan wins by 13.

I expect this game to be another showdown between competing styles. Milan will probably play tighter coverage and expect the receivers to not have the 8 yd. cushion. Milan's key to victory is to stop the run on defense. On offense, take it right at them and force them to stop our run. I look forward to another Milan victory. Milan - 35 JCS - 17

It sure doesn't get any easier for JCS. Playing two of the strongest programs in West Tennessee on back to back weeks in November, both on the road - that's no bargain, but we'll sure take it. We are proud to still be playing, and had to play very well week 2 to beat a great Huntingdon team that is much better than their record would imply.

JCS played Milan twice last year and once this year. Two of the games were competetive, but the playoff game week one last year was all Milan from the opening kickoff. While I'm not a coach and have not watched one frame of film, our game plan has to be the same - prepare hard all week, show up and play well, make some noise in the bleachers, and have a chance to win at the end of the game.

It really has been a positive for JCS to play in 8AA the past two seasons. The schools in this region, plus the good folks at Huntingdon, play football very well and also offer tremendous hospitality with a lot of class. Our experience playing up, thanks to that wonderful multiplier, has not helped our record but has certainly helped us grow our program.

I'm looking forward to the conversation on this thread this week and really anticipating a great night Friday at Johnnie Hale Stadium. Best wishes to both teams and both schools for an injury free week of practice, a great game, and that once again, God will be glorified by the way we act toward each other when we play this great game of football.

milan has to play man coverage and bump the receivers at the line and not play 8 yards off. frustrate their receivers by being physical with them. if we mix it up on offense with our weapons then the dawgs should be victorious. how well our db's are prepared during practice this week should also factor in heavily on the outcome. milan wins by 13.

Milan needs to recover the game film from the Hunt-USJ game. Hunt played man coverage all night. With safety help. Bumped the USJ recievers and played off randomly. Milan has better athletes on defense that hunt has by far from what I've seen. SO they must come up with a good game-plan. Wild game.

JCS 27

MILAN 28