JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCS will be ready. Milan better bring their A game or their season will be done. This time of year you have to be focused to move on to the next round. Milan will be done if they bring the effort they brought last night! Rain or not you still have to execute and right now they are not executing.

Heavy dose of Gilbert needs to happen. Couple deep passes. Maybe even a couple kick returns (I believe JCS has seen this against Milan before this year)......and hopefully Milan has a defensive scheme that suprise us all and slow down JCS......lets all remember this game is at Milan. Milan isn't too shabby at home.

Quote from the Sunday edition of the Jackson Sun by the Head Coach at JCS.

"I don't care. ... We'll play in a McDonald's parking lot," Stewart said. "We love going to Johnnie Hale (Stadium). No big deal."

Bulldog fans, let's show up and cheer these dogs on in a crucial game toward state. They are coming to our house and we need to be present.

Guest nwtnsports

Milan isn't too shabby at home.

Milan's overall home record is very impressive. But here's an interesting stat.

The Bulldogs are 1-3 in quarterfinal and semifinal games at home since 2000.

Prove me wrong, Milan. I'm just not sure you guys can get the win.

Quote from the Sunday edition of the Jackson Sun by the Head Coach at JCS.

"I don't care. ... We'll play in a McDonald's parking lot," Stewart said. "We love going to Johnnie Hale (Stadium). No big deal."

Bulldog fans, let's show up and cheer these dogs on in a crucial game toward state. They are coming to our house and we need to be present.

JCS really has enjoyed playing at Johnnie Hale. We've never won there, but the football atmosphere is second to none. Coach Stewart understands how close his team came to not making the post season and is just glad to have the opportunity to play anywhere.

I have no doubt that Coach Morris will have his team ready. They've been on a mission all year and I don't see them overlooking anyone at this point in the season.

JCS really has enjoyed playing at Johnnie Hale. We've never won there, but the football atmosphere is second to none. .

Too bad that will all end for JCS after this season. I just don't understand leaving D1 and going to play the Harding, Bishop Byrne, and the St. George's of the world. Coach Stewart can spin it all he wants but winning a state championship against those 11-12 teams means nothing more than winning a region championship.

You guys compete well here and the d1 district you were going to be in next year is easier than 8-2A.

Too bad that will all end for JCS after this season. I just don't understand leaving D1 and going to play the Harding, Bishop Byrne, and the St. George's of the world. Coach Stewart can spin it all he wants but winning a state championship against those 11-12 teams means nothing more than winning a region championship.

You guys compete well here and the d1 district you were going to be in next year is easier than 8-2A.

We are overmatched physically, and it will get worse some years. We've had some talent the past 2-3 years, but as USJ can tell you, talent comes in cycles in small schools. Though we went 7-4 last year, it was a struggle. Out of eleven games, we went to the ER 7 of those weeks with game injuries. Year in and year out our kids will have a better chance to be successful in DII, and that's the logic - not which championship will mean more. And with the reclassification, it appears that we will be playing even larger schools should we stay DI.

That said, I told some of the Huntingdon folks Friday night that I personally will really miss the atmosphere and camaraderie of the local 8AA schools, especially Milan, Westview, and Huntingdon. Football is done very well at these schools and it's a privilege to play in that type of environment. Who knows, the DII privates will have some non-conference dates to schedule - maybe we can continue to match up. I'd love it.

JCS is coming into this one with nothing to lose!;;and Milan has everything to lose!

If JCS wants to pull it off they'll have to stuff J.Gilbert and get a couple of timely picks like westview did friday night.

I just can't see Milan getting beat at home vs. JCS so I'll say Milan:31 JCS:28

Can anyone find out how many yard Gilbert ran at JCS in the regular season this year? I know we gave up a couple of interceptions and two touchdowns by kickoff return.

The killer is that Milan does not have to win just on Gilbert. They have lots of weapons on both sides of the ball. Slow down Gilbert and they can beat you with someone else, and you still go home to play basketball.

Can anyone find out how many yard Gilbert ran at JCS in the regular season this year? I know we gave up a couple of interceptions and two touchdowns by kickoff return.

The killer is that Milan does not have to win just on Gilbert. They have lots of weapons on both sides of the ball. Slow down Gilbert and they can beat you with someone else, and you still go home to play basketball.

Gilbert had 30 yards on 15 carries during the first game. What I remember more han anything is Milan and Gilbert getting stuffed on 4th and short at least 3 times in the first 3 quarters. JCS can bring it on defense as they showed last week. The Bulldogs will have to play a complete game to get the win and advance. Doesn't matter if by 1 point or by 21 points. Just get the "W".