JCS vs. Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, but edited my post because that was a pretty strong, critical word of one of the best programs in the area and one that I respect very much. No, I don't think Milan should win every playoff game. They have gone farther some years (ex. 2004) than I thought they would have. But let's look at this. Since 2000, Milan was tied or led in the second half in six of their eight playoff losses. (In 2001, Westview beat the Bulldogs 40-21. In 2006, Milan trailed Goodpasture 7-6 at half before losing 34-21.) Hard to say only one team has had more success, since Goodpasture has played in three consecutive title games. Milan is consistently a top five team. I'm not really commenting on my expectations, but am tired of hearing some of these Bulldog fans boasting about their program.

The job Milan's coaching staff does each year is outstanding.

With 4 Gold Balls..they can boast...and Milan's not a pay-for-play school

Guest nwtnsports

With 4 Gold Balls..they can boast...and Milan's not a pay-for-play school

People can say whatever they want to on here. While Milan has a strong football tradition, my point was that if the Bulldogs lose this week or next week, lots of fans who have made posts will be pretty humbled. (A couple of Milan fans, though not for the past couple of games, made it sound like they had won four in a row - not four in 30 years.)

I'm not really commenting on my expectations, but am tired of hearing some of these Bulldog fans boasting about their program.

But why not boast a good program???

I'm tired of hearing Alcoa boast their program as well, but every time I say something about it, someone puts me "in my place" stating they have 4 consecutive gold balls to back it up.

Guess what...Milan has 26 consecutive years of playoff appearances....longest streak in West TN. That's reason enough to boast the good program Milan has IMO.

Eventually, Milan will gain the respect they deserve.

People can say whatever they want to on here. While Milan has a strong football tradition, my point was that if the Bulldogs lose this week or next week, lots of fans who have made posts will be pretty humbled. (A couple of Milan fans, though not for the past couple of games, made it sound like they had won four in a row - not four in 30 years.)

You act like it's in the norm to win a state championship. It takes something special. Are you a Milan fan?

And regardless of state championships, Milan is in the picture EVERY YEAR.

This year they are 12-0. Playing at home. IF they lose, I imagine the season will be a failure in your mind. Hater

Guest nwtnsports

It's not the norm. It does take something special. I was, for many years, Milan fan, and was honored to support a program where competing for a state title each year is an expectation. (I didn't always go overboard for the team, but I still like to support them.)

No, it won't be a failure. Football is much more than just wins and losses.

I'll leave you guys with a quote from Coach Morris after the first Westview game:

"People will only remember what you did in November."

Now, maybe you can get back to talking about this week. See you on here Friday night.

You act like it's in the norm to win a state championship. It takes something special. Are you a Milan fan?

And regardless of state championships, Milan is in the picture EVERY YEAR.

This year they are 12-0. Playing at home. IF they lose, I imagine the season will be a failure in your mind. Hater

As a former milan player, if you don't win state, you did not accomplish what you set out to do from the very beginning. From that standpoint, it is a failure. I failed. There is nothing wrong with that. It teaches you how to handle failure. Hopefuly, milan will succede this year.

nwtnsports, you said you were a milan fan for many years. Do you still consider yourself a Bulldog fan?