Farragut @ Ooltewah Round 3

AdmiralMan

Were you at this game. Farragut pretty had control of this game the first two qts. If Farragut could have completed the long throw to the wide open receiver #20 and scored Farragut would of had total control of this game. Ooltewah never dominated this game.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> are you serious? Farragut had 2 first downs, one of the first downs was the last play Farragut ran in the game. They never came close to scoring. The only way the Ads scored was on an interception returned to the 2 yard line, and it took four downs to score from there. The owls defense was in complete controll the entire game. The admirals had under 50 total yards until less than 1 minute left in the game.Ended up with 78 total yards, 18 carries minus 3 yards rushing.The owls shut purty down 7 carries 7 yards, wasnt purty. Ads defense played well for 3 quarters, but its a 4 quarter game. Owls wore them down and coaches made nice adjustments. Owls out played the ads and owls coaches out coached the ads.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you at this game. Farragut pretty had control of this game the first two qts. If Farragut could have completed the long throw to the wide open receiver #20 and scored Farragut would of had total control of this game. Ooltewah never dominated this game.

WHAT? Ooltewah never dominated this game?1 INT for fhs and that was the biggest play in 2 meetings w/the owls....and it took 4 trys from the foot line to get that!!! IF,OOLTEWAH makes a couple of plays on wide-open revcrs and catch 2 sure fire ints,that 2nd game would have been a repeat of the first. THE GAME IS OVER....OWLS WON,,,SEE YOU NEXT YEAR,MAYBE?? OWL FANS GO TO OOLTEWAH/OAKLAND thread,that's the game that counts this week!!! good grief

First that is his job to get the O-line ready to play and I thought they did a pretty good job this year. Second you can not run the football right at Ooltewah defense. The two yard outs is ok but you have to be able to see what a defense is giving you as a coach and make adjustments to it. Ooltewah gave us the middle of the field. The hitch and go would have work from throwing all the two yard outs and the tightend over the middle. If Farragut wants to go get past the third round you have to make changes in your offense throughout the game and right now I don't think Farragut offense coaching staff knows how to do that. Samething happened with Bearden last year.

the reason you cant run the hitch and go against the owls defense is the quarterback doent have the time. Qb basically has to catch and throw while in the shotgun. If he is under center, its a 3 step drop then throw. The ads coaches were trying to avoid all the sacks (7 previous game), thats why he threw all the quick passes or rolled the Qb out. I wouldnt blame the Ads coaches on the lose, blame the owls defense. If you dont want to give them(owls defene) the credit, then.....give it to me, ill take it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

good game for both teams. good luck to ooltewah this week. bring one home for region 2. the owls defense is as tough of a high school defense i have seen. we never had an answer for their D. our kids played hard the entire game but we just didnt make enough plays to win it. i want to congratulate this year's seniors for an outstanding year and the best of luck in the future.

Here you go admiralman,

2009 FHS schedule

week 0: Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

week 1: @ Oak Ridge

week 2: Knox Catholic

week 3: OPEN

week 4: @ Knox West

week 5: @ Riverdale

week 6: Heritage

week 7: @ Bearden

week 8: Maryville

week 9: @ Lenoir City

week 10: William Blount

good game for both teams. good luck to ooltewah this week. bring one home for region 2. the owls defense is as tough of a high school defense i have seen. we never had an answer for their D. our kids played hard the entire game but we just didnt make enough plays to win it. i want to congratulate this year's seniors for an outstanding year and the best of luck in the future.

Here you go admiralman,

2009 FHS schedule

week 0: Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

week 1: @ Oak Ridge

week 2: Knox Catholic

week 3: OPEN

week 4: @ Knox West

week 5: @ Riverdale

week 6: Heritage

week 7: @ Bearden

week 8: Maryville

week 9: @ Lenoir City

week 10: William Blount

Wow i knew it was tough but that is a very impressive schedule hope its not to tough that the Ads cant make the playoffs.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> are you serious? Farragut had 2 first downs, one of the first downs was the last play Farragut ran in the game. They never came close to scoring. The only way the Ads scored was on an interception returned to the 2 yard line, and it took four downs to score from there. The owls defense was in complete controll the entire game. The admirals had under 50 total yards until less than 1 minute left in the game.Ended up with 78 total yards, 18 carries minus 3 yards rushing.The owls shut purty down 7 carries 7 yards, wasnt purty. Ads defense played well for 3 quarters, but its a 4 quarter game. Owls wore them down and coaches made nice adjustments. Owls out played the ads and owls coaches out coached the ads.

I will say out coached but that is it.

Thank you Will Jackson for turning the Georgia Tech coaches on to Jacquez Smith and also what I was told that you had said about him. That was a really classy move on your part (and somthing that you didn't have to do and that showed a ton of character) and I hope you do well fot the Ramblin' Wreck. Their coaches have been in contact with Coach Monroe wanting film on him and check out the campus. Good luck Admirals.

Thank you Will Jackson for turning the Georgia Tech coaches on to Jacquez Smith and also what I was told that you had said about him. That was a really classy move on your part (and somthing that you didn't have to do and that showed a ton of character) and I hope you do well fot the Ramblin' Wreck. Their coaches have been in contact with Coach Monroe wanting film on him and check out the campus. Good luck Admirals.

Wow! I am impressed. This guy did a good thing, which is hard to find thses days. I send my thanks to Will Jackson as well!

Also, Thorough, I don't know who you are, but you earn my respect each and every time you post. I am PROUD to have you as an Owl fan!

After the game, Ooltewah showed their usual lack of class, when they refused to let the Farragut parents on the field after the game. Traditionally, parents gather with their sons on the field after games, as they have done at every away game including the last three games at Ooltewah. On this night, however, Ooltewah had a police officer at the gate to make sure no parents could get to their sons after the game. That ... was the ultimate display of unsportmanslike conduct.

www.FarragutFootball.com

Found that on the Farragut Football website. This is something you just don't say on a team website. Ooltewah's parents weren't allowed to go on the field either. They haven't been allowed all year. I guess Ooltewah is classless because they don't let parents on the field during playoffs...

Thank you Farragut booster CLub for changing the last paragraph of your home page to a nicer tone. We Owl fans and parents appreciate it. We all make mistakes. We did not mean to offend Farragut by following our rules. Again, thank you for retracting the original and subsituting it.

The field situation came about after the WB game a couple of years ago. Ooltewah is just taking preemptive measures since that game that??™s all. I would like to send an apology to those parents and senior athletes you guys played your hearts out. It never fails a few bad apples can ruined the bunch and for that we all have been punished for that. Good luck in your new Region it was a pleasure watching the best football in the east play in the same region which in the long run I do believe it made us better. Go Owl's!