AdmiralMan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

closer than that

Ooltewah- 28

Farragut- 24

Sorry I keep bashing you admirals I just really think its time.

The only bashing came from your last comment. The Admirals really are easy to hate, aren't they? All you haters - let's keep it coming. Ask any hated team how good it feels to beat the haters. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

If Farragut has a smart gameplan (unlike last time) they win. If they play stupid and run the shotgun the whole game, they will get beat. Plain and simple.

+1

if the Ads line up in and run right at them in the I-formation and use their spread offense sparingly they will win. Ootlewahs front 4 are are too good for farragut to run that "pretty boy offense". On the defensive side, they have to have 4 down lineman + 1 more man really keying on the run.

closer than that

Ooltewah- 28

Farragut- 24

Sorry I keep bashing you admirals I just really think its time.

And your quote from the Farragut-McMinn thread:

"McMinn County.. to say the least you surprised me.. But now i'm on the bandwagon! McMinn all the way!

McMinn 31

Farragut 24

Good luck to both teams.

Game for the ages! Mcminn scores with less than 3:00 in the game, Faragut can't match with a turnover.

GO TRIBE!"

Gotta love your prediction success! I hear the Owls saying, "Baller, shhhhhhhh..."

--------------------

Go Govs!

+1

if the Ads line up in and run right at them in the I-formation and use their spread offense sparingly they will win. Ootlewahs front 4 are are too good for farragut to run that "pretty boy offense". On the defensive side, they have to have 4 down lineman + 1 more man really keying on the run.

I understand how running right at a fast opponent neutralizes a speed advantage, but how does it make up for a strength disadvantage? If the answer is bangin' your head against a wall, a victory seems out of the question. This time of the year always take the better defensive team. For a recent example, think back to last year's Bearden victory over Farragut. The consensus seems to be that because the Ooltewah - Soddy Daisy game was close, this one will be also. I guess I look at it a little differently, thinking Ooltewah survived its "close call" game (not going to be many of those), so now they get back to beating opponents' heads in. I hate to say it, but Farragut can't win this game. For the Admirals to come out on top, Ooltewah will have to lose it -- and Monroe won't let that happen.

I understand how running right at a fast opponent neutralizes a speed advantage, but how does it make up for a strength disadvantage? If the answer is bangin' your head against a wall, a victory seems out of the question. This time of the year always take the better defensive team. For a recent example, think back to last year's Bearden victory over Farragut. The consensus seems to be that because the Ooltewah - Soddy Daisy game was close, this one will be also. I guess I look at it a little differently, thinking Ooltewah survived its "close call" game (not going to be many of those), so now they get back to beating opponents' heads in. I hate to say it, but Farragut can't win this game. For the Admirals to come out on top, Ooltewah will have to lose it -- and Monroe won't let that happen.

The fact of the matter is farragut couldn't stop ootlewahs run game due in part to sticking with the 3-5-3. i'm not saying if they were in a 4 man front ootlewah wouldn't have scored, but it wouldn't have got out of hand. the other factor is that any defense is going to look bad if their offense keeps going 3 and out. if farraguts offense sustains a few drives in the 1st half, then the defense can and will contain ootlewahs run game. if you wanna talk about who'd win a shootout, it'd be the Ads 9/10 times. Trust me the farragut coaching staff learned from their mistakes and they will make a game out of this one. if you remember, last yr bearden and farragut played twice and we all know how that turned out. obviously i'd like farragut to beat ootlewah, but that is going to be a challenge. if i were on the outside looking in i'd pick ootlewah for the simple fact that they beat the ads so easily earlier this season. i'm a farragut guy so i'm hoping they will pull it off. good luck to both teams-

I think this game will be closer than the first one, but with Ooltewah winning by 10-14 points. I know most Farragut fans won't agree with this, but when a team gets beat as bad as the Admirals were beaten by the Owls, the mental psyche' at the age of these players is deeply affected. Ooltewah totally destroyed Farragut in that first game, both physically and mentally. I think the fear of playing Ooltewah again and them having to re-live those moments will outweigh Farragut's desire to get revenge for the annihilation they received just a few short weeks ago. It will be very hard for the Farragut coaches to get their players mentally prepared.

ha ha whatever murfbound.. Its ok we will just have to see how this one turns out.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> we all saw how it ended up earlier this year! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />