New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to believe that the job is Shadowens. If he even whispered that he wanted the job, it will be given to him.

Do you honestly think Shadowens would leave after only 1 yr. at MTCS? It just doesn't make sense to me. I heard some of the same type crazy rumors last year when Oakland was looking for a new coach and the "truth" was pretty far off from the speculation. Just my opinion.

Do you honestly think Shadowens would leave after only 1 yr. at MTCS? It just doesn't make sense to me. I heard some of the same type crazy rumors last year when Oakland was looking for a new coach and the "truth" was pretty far off from the speculation. Just my opinion.

if it is true, how many players would be wanting to move, i can think of a few.

"led"........I always find it amusing when people are "led" to a place only to find out the grass is not always greener......you would think the one doing the "leading" would have a little insight into that!

why is it amusing? just because someone is "led" to a certain place, doesn't mean that is where they are meant to stay. we have a lot of stops along the journey of life. everything happens for a reason. i find it amusing that some of you are quick to judge. you are never too old to learn something new and grow from it. give the man a break! i actually had heard this rumor a couple of weeks ago. i'm just happy it stayed off the T this long. i'm really surprised by it actually.

Shad would lose all of his credibilty if he made that move......word on the street is that he wants out of MTCS and that Throneberry is livid.

why would he lose credibility? are you perfect? small school football is completely different from big school. i am happy for the man and excited for him.

No, I am not perfect, nor are you. There is but one perfect person and we believers all know who that is.

Loses credibilty b/c he tells Smyrna he is resigning to spend time with his family. Then lo and behold was already in talks to go to MTCS. Convinces folk that going to MTCS is how he will spend time with his kids. Then after one short season......already restless and wanting out? I think there is more coaching involved the lower you go in divisions....and he could have really proven that he could coach and not rely on D-1 talent. Will his kids leave and go to Blackman? Surely it would be tough on them to remain there at MTCS......even though it is a Christian school, we all know folk will take that anger out on them.

I heard this several weeks ago when I heard he was unhappy there.......thought surely he couldn't

do that to those kids who have learned to trust and respect him in Cougar Country.

Hope he knows what he is doing. Matters not to me....OHS is loaded for at least 2 more yrs. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No, I am not perfect, nor are you. There is but one perfect person and we believers all know who that is.

Loses credibilty b/c he tells Smyrna he is resigning to spend time with his family. Then lo and behold was already in talks to go to MTCS. Convinces folk that going to MTCS is how he will spend time with his kids. Then after one short season......already restless and wanting out? I think there is more coaching involved the lower you go in divisions....and he could have really proven that he could coach and not rely on D-1 talent. Will his kids leave and go to Blackman? Surely it would be tough on them to remain there at MTCS......even though it is a Christian school, we all know folk will take that anger out on them.

I heard this several weeks ago when I heard he was unhappy there.......thought surely he couldn't

do that to those kids who have learned to trust and respect him in Cougar Country.

Hope he knows what he is doing. Matters not to me....OHS is loaded for at least 2 more yrs. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I have to respectfully disagree with you. i think as a coach in the lower divisions you might coach more sports, but within football itself, the coaching is very similar. I know you will disagree, but we can agree to disagree. you know we have argued many times over the years on here, and i have always wondered who you are, but i have a feeling that we know each other, we just dont realize who each other is on the T.