New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

What's your favorite offense?

Yale, you know I'm married to the old single/double wing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yale, you know I'm married to the old single/double wing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You know, I'm more of a spread guy myself... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I like to spread my fat slow guys out in space...I believe it gives us a better chance to exploit our opponents weaknesses... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

searching for words to respond to this............

what are YOU doing, making an insulting comment toward OUR administration, while YOUR team is hours away from playing in the state championship game ?

you have too much time on your hands, dude..........get a life

plenty of constructive and interesting ways to participate in the conversation without insulting those you know nothing about......and I know YOU know nothing about what's going on at Blackman because those "close" to the program don't even have all the facts

Mrs Vick and Mr Lawless have conducted an extensive search and have received close to 50 applications from coaches in several states.....they've interviewed probably a dozen or more

no situation is perfect but we have a great opportunity at Blackman to take the next step in the football program and we will

we have a great group of players and parents ready to support the next guy, whoever that is

and we have confidence in Mrs Vick, who will make the final decision, to choose that person

don't worry about us, patriot, go to the championship game, WIN IT (and I mean that) and we'll see ya'll next year on the field

You make several GREAT points. It was gook talking to by phone last night. Watch those text messages to the wife. Your correct Mrs. Vick will make a great selection for the spot. I think it will shake up the whole district after the dust settles as far as who moves where. Could even open some baseball jobs.!!

and a little pet peeve of mine is when people talk about thing that they have no clue about. It is pretty funny to me how when Paul Johnson is at Navy and Georgia Southern he is running the wing-t but now all of the sudden since he is at Georgia Tech it is no longer the wing-t. Explain to me why they line up in 300 and 400 wing-t set jsut about evry play if that is not what they are running. Also their blocking scheme runs right along with wing-t basics with the down blocks and a kick block. Yes they do run the triple option but it is out of the wing-t.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Some wing-t principals but it is flexbone (a derivation of the wishbone). Alot of Belly-G schemes and certainly some trap. No real buck series but you could make a a case that the rocket toss has replaced the old buck sweep. Heavy on mid-line option and veer option. If I remember DeBerry first used it when at Rice

I would still like to recommend Ron Aydelott for this position.

Think about it. Wouldn't it be great to stick it to your old nemesis Riverdale by stealling their coach. Oh yeah!!

Seriously, can someone give the top five names still in contention for this job.

There are several different posts on here saying Shadowens, Hester, and someone from out of state. I guess that is the final three. Maybe some are wrong and they are only having a final three instead of four. What's the latest word? We should all hear some good stuff this week. I'm sure they want to have a coach before the kids have Christmas break

What about any of the Oakland assistants? Do they want to be head coaches? I mean they were still playing last night that would excite the Blackman people I would think.

Interesting to see how this turns out.

As of Saturday, sources inside Wilson Central say that Aric and staff are packing for Blackman.

People keep talking about Shadowens, why would Shadowens leave MTCS, his family is there, up and coming school and more money that they know what to do with and BHS has much tougher regiona than MTCS.

When will the name be released? What about some hints since you seem to have the answer? Who were the finalists? Talk to us, let us know!!

I had heard that they were still interviewing, but I guess my source was wrong if you are correct.

rumor has it that the new coach of blackman will be released tomorrow but i don't know that for sure....but hopefully thats right