New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

huh looks like the only real talent he lost was sonny and rod

and as for the ALMOST win against oakland....what was that oakland and coffee county score again???

i would expect any coach to make it that far in the playoffs after inheriting a two time state championship team

and it does help that the region had a down year this year....no standout teams except for oakland

and as for the freshman team.....remember the 2006 blackman freshman team??? oh yeah twenty was as close as anyone came...now look at them....just because you are good freshman year doesn't mean you are good in varsity.

freshman to seniors are able to play at the varsity level...bigger,stronger,faster...freshman means nothing

and as for coffee county who ALMOST beat oakland...they finished 2-8..shows how much ALMOST means

{oh yeah----the 3rd round is called the quarterfinals}

i don't know anyone that would say that matt williams DID NOT do a really good job at smyrna this year...i'm sure ther're a few out there...but most would say he did a great job...and their are no signs of him running the program in the ground (these were your words)...maybe you are a prophet or have a crystal ball...but what would you base your prediction on...except it sounds like you don't like williams for some reason???

the difference between coffee county and smyrna or at least one difference is smyrna did it twice...which simply shows they are and were legit...

actually i'm not sure the region had a down year...riverdale may have been down...but if you look at how close most of the scores were between oakland and the other region teams...you will see that once again region 4-5A is superior from top to bottom...

i actually like the freshman team (that were juniors this year)...theyy were apart of a pretty good team this year who played hard every game, had alot of adversity to over come, one win away from the playoffs, and played the best two teams in the region as bout as tight as you can play a team...the bottom line is these juniors still have another year together and have an opportunity to have a great senior year...it should not be too hard to win for the new coacch at blackman

and all i meant about the freshman team for the bulldogs is they have talent and therefore the potential to continue to be good

thanks for letting me know what the 3rd round is called...i just used another word..synonym is what it is called...just another way to express quarterfinals...

hey...if you hate williams or smyrna or both...just say it...or at least say why (at least give some evidence or i wish my kid/ cousin/ neighbors kid would have played more...etc)...but you stand in very little company when it comes to the job williams did this year with the bulldogs...and know one knows how he will do next year but all signs look to another good year at smyrna...

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How soon are they looking to announce a replacement? Are assistants going to stay or move on?

not really sure...maybe by first week of december...

no idea on assistants...my GUESS is the head coach will decide that...

all i have heard is the names of coaches...some i know...some i don't...i do know that ___________________ will be the new coach at blackman high school... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

all i have heard is the names of coaches...some i know...some i don't...i do know that ___________________ will be the new coach at blackman high school... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Ahhhhh the 'Invisible Man' has gone into Coaching. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hope Blackman gets a good one! They do have the talent! Just need the right person! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am very pleased with Coach Matt at Smyrna. Rough start to the year, but after the 1st Oakland loss the team got it together. he managed the games well, much better than I thought he would do when the hire was announced. I am still not sure about the brother at OC, I believe he should be just the O Line coach. You can't do both jobs well at the same time. As for Mrs. Vick, she is a GREAT lady.As for the future of the Bulldogs I think its very bright. They will have to do some work replacing some O line spots. But they have some BIG kids in the soph class. Also heard that Wells is talking to Riverdale for the D Cood. spot. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />