New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young Steve has done well at Moore Co. The Blue Radiers had lost a lot of talent from last yr. The players play hard for him.

Glad to hear Blackman and Tullahoma playing each other. That would be a good game yr in and yr out.

Did Motlow beat Vol State yesterday?

Motlow guys beat Vol St in a very exciting bkb game, but the Lady Bucks lost to Vo St. Tullahoma hosting Blackman is a tough way to open the season in a new stadium. I would think Blackman would be comparable to playing Lincoln Co. I think all of the Wildcats non region games are with 6A schools. Its still better than playing Hillsboro, Whites Creek, Stratford and Maplewood. Tullahoma and Blackman already have a good rivalry going in wrestling.

I can tell you from a very very reliable source that Coach White is not interested in being a head coach at the moment. He will honestly tell you he isn't ready for that at this time.

White deserves a shot when he is ready as he is very deserving. I know he was asked to take over Moore County when McDaniel left. I will take you at your word as I KNOW who your reliable source is.

Motlow guys beat Vol St in a very exciting bkb game, but the Lady Bucks lost to Vo St. Tullahoma hosting Blackman is a tough way to open the season in a new stadium. I would think Blackman would be comparable to playing Lincoln Co. I think all of the Wildcats non region games are with 6A schools. Its still better than playing Hillsboro, Whites Creek, Stratford and Maplewood. Tullahoma and Blackman already have a good rivalry going in wrestling.

you will have very good crowds

How do you know my sources?? And yes he did get offered, but I definitely think he should coordinate a couple years before he makes that next step. There is no doubt in my mind when it does happen he will be a good one!!

Well actually your brother was only a coordinator 1 yr b/f he took a head job, right? It worked pretty well for him, and I think White could step in at Blackman and do as well .

Has any one heard about coach from BGA Euvahard (sorry about spelling), that's a good coach, i've heard Lavergnes head coach hester applied and head coach at smyrna williams has been brought into the rumors. Im pretty sure it's just rumors, why would these coaches want to leave their programs. What if they don't get the job, how can they face the team they were trying to leave. I think the players would lose all respect for them? Tough being a coach

Has any one heard about coach from BGA Euvahard (sorry about spelling), that's a good coach, i've heard Lavergnes head coach hester applied and head coach at smyrna williams has been brought into the rumors. Im pretty sure it's just rumors, why would these coaches want to leave their programs. What if they don't get the job, how can they face the team they were trying to leave. I think the players would lose all respect for them? Tough being a coach

Sometimes, it is indeed the nature of the business, and I think most of the kids understand. However, I am not saying you are wrong, but it doesnt make sense to me as to why Hester would apply there, he's loaded with talent and all the support he can ask for in LaVergne. It would be very interesting to see Marty in the boro again, but I doubt it happens.

Are you speculating about Marty Euverard applying or is this a fact that he applied? Marty was the head coach for Oakland after Rick Butler in the late 90's. We won the state in 98 and went to the semis in 99. Marty led us to the playoffs every single yr that he was the head man at OHS. He left after Siegel opened and he saw that Oakland was being done dirty by the Powers that Be that worked on zone exempts. He took the head job at Jefferson County before coming back to Middle Tn. Marty is one of the greatest guys you will ever know. He is a stickler for discipline and will not tolerate drugs of any kind. He is a man of his word and walks the walk of a Christian.Totally respected by his peers and former assistants. I went to 2 BGA games this yr and Marty called a great mix of the pass and the run in his offensive schemes. Great QB coach....a stickler for technique.He seemed very happy at BGA but I am sure that once you have been a head it is hard to be an asst. I hope this is true......and if so.....I will be sporting some orange and blue if he ehads Blackman way! This is some fantastic news.