New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

Sometimes, it is indeed the nature of the business, and I think most of the kids understand. However, I am not saying you are wrong, but it doesnt make sense to me as to why Hester would apply there, he's loaded with talent and all the support he can ask for in LaVergne. It would be very interesting to see Marty in the boro again, but I doubt it happens.

It would make plenty of sense for Hester to apply at Blackman. Blackman is a better school to teach at, Blackman has more talent coming back, the facilities are newer and better. I did hear he did apply.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you speculating about Marty Euverard applying or is this a fact that he applied? Marty was the head coach for Oakland after Rick Butler in the late 90's. We won the state in 98 and went to the semis in 99. Marty led us to the playoffs every single yr that he was the head man at OHS. He left after Siegel opened and he saw that Oakland was being done dirty by the Powers that Be that worked on zone exempts. He took the head job at Jefferson County before coming back to Middle Tn. Marty is one of the greatest guys you will ever know. He is a stickler for discipline and will not tolerate drugs of any kind. He is a man of his word and walks the walk of a Christian.Totally respected by his peers and former assistants. I went to 2 BGA games this yr and Marty called a great mix of the pass and the run in his offensive schemes. Great QB coach....a stickler for technique.He seemed very happy at BGA but I am sure that once you have been a head it is hard to be an asst. I hope this is true......and if so.....I will be sporting some orange and blue if he ehads Blackman way! This is some fantastic news.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> would be a good hire and I would have to wear a Blackman sweatshirt or cap

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> would be a good hire and I would have to wear a Blackman sweatshirt or cap

Wingman, we would be front and center in our Blackman attire munching on some dogs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hester applied at Oakland.....so why wouldn't he try for BHS?

It would make plenty of sense for Hester to apply at Blackman. Blackman is a better school to teach at, Blackman has more talent coming back, the facilities are newer and better. I did hear he did apply.

If Hester comes, you've just given the head coaching job to your assistant principle. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> His only agenda would be to be somebody's yes man. Wells wasn't that and he lost his job. Don't tell me 11-29 lost it either. What other head coach went 5-5 with open heart surgery and lost their job? Hester has not even taken his own team to the playoffs, not saying he isn't a good coach, but come on-give me a break, he's won 5 or 6 games in 2 years. What, he has an exciting offense that scored 2 points against Blackman this year?

You mean to tell me hester also applied for the oakland job. Man why is he trying to get out of Lavergne twice? It must be a real dump, i guess it doesn't matter who the coach is at that school, it has only had 3 winning seasons out of 19 or 20 years of existence. I think 96, 05,06. Man what's the deal, it looked like they had talent, must be deeper than any of us outsiders know. What if he don't get the job. Man if his kids find out about him wanting to leave 2 times, how will they ever listen or respect him again? He tried to abandon them twice. I know if i was a player and my head coach wanted to leave 2 times, i think i would have a hard time following his direction if he returned. That's just my opinion. I don't know if blackmon has more talent than Lavergne, better facilities usually results in better play.

You mean to tell me hester also applied for the oakland job. Man why is he trying to get out of Lavergne twice? It must be a real dump, i guess it doesn't matter who the coach is at that school, it has only had 3 winning seasons out of 19 or 20 years of existence. I think 96, 05,06. Man what's the deal, it looked like they had talent, must be deeper than any of us outsiders know. What if he don't get the job. Man if his kids find out about him wanting to leave 2 times, how will they ever listen or respect him again? He tried to abandon them twice. I know if i was a player and my head coach wanted to leave 2 times, i think i would have a hard time following his direction if he returned. That's just my opinion. I don't know if blackmon has more talent than Lavergne, better facilities usually results in better play.

AGENDA seems to equal "masondixon"...what is it?...why can't he apply?...he is a free man in a free country...none of us know his motives for applying for another job...why hate on hester?...why hate on lavergn?

the coach at wilson central applies for jobs every year and they just keep on winning...and other coaches do the same...let em look...let them explore...it's america

hester has alot of credibility in the area for his coaching ability...

as i say all the time...if you are going to rip someone on here...sign your name at the bottom...and "masondixon" ain't what i'm talking about

AGENDA seems to equal "masondixon"...what is it?...why can't he apply?...he is a free man in a free country...none of us know his motives for applying for another job...why hate on hester?...why hate on lavergn?

the coach at wilson central applies for jobs every year and they just keep on winning...and other coaches do the same...let em look...let them explore...it's america

as i say all the time...if you are going to rip someone on here...sign your name at the bottom...and "masondixon" ain't what i'm talking about

Credibility in the area for his coaching ability and being able to handle the Blackman head coaching job are two different things. Once again, that credible coaching has not found too many wins over the last couple of years as a head coach.

I hear Euverald isn't even interested. Hear he's already aware of the administration horror stories at Blackman. Has this turned into a job that only assistant coaches are interested in just to increase their pay at one of Murfreesboro's newer high schools? If not that, maybe it's just attractive to head coaches that have not established themselves yet, but have been made aware of the talent level possibilities that exist. Would Aric, Rankin, Crawford, etc., or any of the established coaches really consider this a good job?

I do agree, if coaches already in head coaching positions want to explore other opportunities, then that shouldn't be an issue. They have every right to quietly pursue them. It could get tricky at their current school, but they do have the right.

First off let me say I have heard NOTHING one way or the other. What would be interesting if Coach Wyatt throws his hat in the ring and finally gets a chance to be a HC now that he has a year of being a coordinator under his belt.

I figure no announcements will be made until the playoffs are over though.

Now to add a couple of little tidbits. Hester is a VERY good coach but Blackman is a much nicer school. Second why would Coach Shad even apply as he has a great deal where he is now with his girls and team he is building there? Third ask yourself one thing if you were a coach would YOU want to go to a school that has a Lady as Principal that does not care for football? Fourth, as to why some Wilson County coaches might want to come over the answer is simple. Look at the pay scales between Rutherford and Wilson counties. If folks remember the budget crisis at the beginning of the season Wilson County was talking about doing away with football to save money to run their school buses.

As in all things to find the true answer, follow the money!

pbd,

I would say that "masondixon" is one of the applicants that feels that Hester might be in the hunt. Who else has applied? Who from Wilson County actually applied?

Credibility in the area for his coaching ability and being able to handle the Blackman head coaching job are two different things. Once again, that credible coaching has not found too many wins over the last couple of years as a head coach.

I hear Euverald isn't even interested. Hear he's already aware of the administration horror stories at Blackman. Has this turned into a job that only assistant coaches are interested in just to increase their pay at one of Murfreesboro's newer high schools? If not that, maybe it's just attractive to head coaches that have not established themselves yet, but have been made aware of the talent level possibilities that exist. Would Aric, Rankin, Crawford, etc., or any of the established coaches really consider this a good job?

I do agree, if coaches already in head coaching positions want to explore other opportunities, then that shouldn't be an issue. They have every right to quietly pursue them. It could get tricky at their current school, but they do have the right.

i like the way you think...i'm even amazed at it but don't even know why /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

say it ain't so joe...say it ain't so

pbd,

I would say that "masondixon" is one of the applicants that feels that Hester might be in the hunt. Who else has applied? Who from Wilson County actually applied?

i really don't know much...trying to keep my nose out of it...regardless of what some may believe...i have never had any influence in the program except cheerleader...but i rarely show my legs or wear the uniform... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

it just did not feel right to see hester way-layed on here for no reason...good man and good coach

i don't know much else...

I agree with PBD. Hester had enough guts to kick off a talented QB who had passed for over 1500 yds. I have total respect for the guy. Lavergne is engulfed right now in drugs and gangs. Bad situation for sure.

I had heard already that Shad talked to Blackman. Why isn't anyone jumping on him? He resigned at Smyrna and went to MTCS. Now he is talking to BHS?

Word is that all three of the head coaches from Wilson Cty applied too. I don't blame them esp if football is still on the chopping block. Did the DC from WC apply?

I figured Marty wouldn't leave BGA. The parents and players really like him there and his offense has put up some huge stats.