Alcoa's defense

vols#1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense is awesome this year. The only TDs scored against us this year were the Maryville and CAK games.

The boys have really stepped up this year. THey are the real deal. They were much improved defending the pass during the 2nd CAK game. I don't know if any 2A team can play us like CAK does, at least they haven't in years past. THis year may be different; time will tell.

You know, I'm getting tired of people questioning how long Rankin will stay. If he stays, he stays, if he goes, he goes. I'm sure he's taught the assistant coaches well, and there's no doubt in my mind that one of them could step in and take over after working and learning under him.

The defense is awesome this year. The only TDs scored against us this year were the Maryville and CAK games.

The boys have really stepped up this year. THey are the real deal. They were much improved defending the pass during the 2nd CAK game. I don't know if any 2A team can play us like CAK does, at least they haven't in years past. THis year may be different; time will tell.

You know, I'm getting tired of people questioning how long Rankin will stay. If he stays, he stays, if he goes, he goes. I'm sure he's taught the assistant coaches well, and there's no doubt in my mind that one of them could step in and take over after working and learning under him.

Easy man, I was just wondering if there were any rumors swirling around there about him leaving. I doubt he leaves with the success he has had the short time he has been there.

I see they have pitched 7 shut outs, are they really that good? How much longer will Rankin stay there?

Alcoa is certainly good on both sides of the ball, but the defense is what sets them apart from most other schools. Not only do they have good athletes, but they have good schemes and make nice adjustments. You must be able to throw the ball some if you expect to be able to run at all. But thats easier said than done. If you can pass well AND have a mobile, running threat at QB, then that will give you your best chance, but that's still not very good.

Second team is good as well. They get plenty of playing time and that is why Alcoa keeps winning and getting better. Our 2nd team offense doesn't score as much, but that is because we call plays to avoid running up a score, but our 2nd team defense plays solid, disciplined football.

As to Rankin leaving, I wouldn't bet on it. He has a good program, the job he wanted as VP and his kids enjoy the Alcoa system, and it is one of the better ones in the state as far as grades go. If he did leave I am pretty sure Nix could be a head coach.

Coach Nix and his...............

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Alcoas defense has been phenomenal , yes we are that good! Throughout the playoffs , specifically the 2nd CAK game our Secondary had almost a perfect game. Giving up only 47 points in 12 games is exceptional ,in any class. With alot of seniors leaving this year , and them leading the front this year, i hope we can rebuild next year and keep the D up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />