Oneida hosts Trousdale

remade28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume every thing said on Oneida's part will be construed as sour grapes....sore losers.....whatever. The outcome is the outcome in my view. TC scored the most points against this Oneida team all season. They are a deserving team to represent our side of the bracket in the Championship Game.....Tony Lambert said so after the game. TC moved the ball against us all night and I'm sure we easily had more total yards than the Pirates did last week. There were several mistakes in the ball game that were costly for us, but that is a part of football when young people play it. You take the good with the bad. To be truthful.....I don't feel anything I've said this week makes me believe I'm eating crow......I am, and was, supporting my ball club! Those kids had a fantastic year and TC knew they were playing a good team from the beginning. I believe Pujo and I both stated the winner would score twenty one points.....shucks missed that by 2.

Some thoughts:

The head referee.....if that was the best the TSSAA could do, their evaluation process needs to be changed. We'll call him "Flash" cause he moved like the old Tim Conway Character. He should have been sent out to the pasture before referee a game of this magitude. His fiasco with the headsets was a joke! And I don't mean Ha Ha.

TC got a little luck with the substitution rule.....3 occasions they broke the huddle and a player left the field. The guy that is supposed to make that call....you guessed it....Flash. The fourth time it occurred the call was made by the backfield judge?

TC has more players that are excellent, than some people give them credit for: #2, #9, #50, #7

I hope they get the gold ball......makes our effort that much better.

By the way, TC would not score 40 points ever against us this season if we played 10 more times....I believe even their players (a classy bunch) would tell you that.

Tony Lambert, you know........ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kaz /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I am having trouble understanding Creasy's stunt. Did the refereee make both sides refrain from using their headsets because they weren't working on one side? Then, are you saying TC put theirs own or left them on after they stopped working? Please explain.

How about some more IFs?

If TC hadn't run a QB sneak with 4th and inches to go, they might have made a first down and then scored a TD.

If TC had continued to run plays and used their timeouts instead of kneeling and running out the clock during the last minute, they might have scored another touchdown that would have made the score 30-10.

If Brent Ford (Mr. Football Finalist) had not been injured what might have happened?

If Oneida hadn't scored a safety, TC might have scored a touchdown on that series of downs.

If TC had played poorly and made more mistakes, Oneida might have won.

WHAT IF ............ (the list goes on and on)

i'm not saying oneida should have won the game by any means. trousdale was the better team. they made the plays with the ball in their hands, defensively they shut down oneida's running game and they won the special teams battle. i'm simply pointing out that this was a touch and go ballgame most of the night. some act as though it was never in doubt. how about this IF: if oldfootballplayer had been there to see the game, he might be able to give a bit more educated opinion on south pittsburg being a better team than oneida.

It was actually the umpire that called the illegal substitution and yes they missed it 3 other times. One of the weakest crews ever to work a semi final game. The also worked the 5a final game last year. It was obvious that TC was the best team. They did not need to throw the pass late in the game with a 20 to 10 lead. They had been running the ball gaining what they needed and should have run the clock out. Instead, the kick a FG with 1:30 to go. Classless, but I am sure TC felt it was needed to protect the lead and seal the win. Oneida is the definition of class.

I said if TC won I wouldn't be ashamed to admit who was better . Here it is . Not only did TC look very good , but they impressed me . It was a good game . Oneida give it all they had, it just wasn't enough. The only thing I heard from TC fans that I can disagree with ,is it was not a blow out. Oneida stayed in the game for 4 quarters.

I will be rooting for TC to win it all . It was a great knight of football. I will eat a little crow if it will make you all happy. One thing I wont change is giving slim a rough way to go. I really enjoyed talking to everyone . You all have a great team and should bring home the gold. I really hope you all do.

Man you all do have a following , I thought we did but you guys toped anything I have seen.Again this was a great knight and the best team won. congratulations to Trousdale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right! and Oneida took theirs off....Then TC put theirs back ON the entire 1st quarter. I saw the coach...in the press box slowly take his head set off after 1,500 fans were pointing at him.

It didnt make that much difference in the game. but its cheap and weak and bush league. Bad Form.

the tc bunch will cheat to win . just ask any one who has played them on the creekbank

i'm not saying oneida should have won the game by any means. trousdale was the better team. they made the plays with the ball in their hands, defensively they shut down oneida's running game and they won the special teams battle. i'm simply pointing out that this was a touch and go ballgame most of the night. some act as though it was never in doubt. how about this IF: if oldfootballplayer had been there to see the game, he might be able to give a bit more educated opinion on south pittsburg being a better team than oneida.

It seems like it's important for some people to win a self-made contest between Oneida and SP. Both of them have excellent teams and I'm glad TC doesn't have to play either one of them again. In various polls before the game, Oneida and SP were ranked #2 and #3; it just depended on which poll you looked at which team was #2 and which one was #3. Oneida has a lot to be proud about, and your boys have done a teriffic job; they certainly can hold their heads high and walk through the community with pride, class, and character.

As to the closeness of the TC/SP and TC/OHS games, I hate to spend much time on such a petty thing. However, I did see the TC/SP game, and if SP had scored a TD and a 2-point conversion during their last possession (and apparently they came vey close to scoring a touch down on a pass that was missed in the endzone), the score would have been 14-13 for an SP victory. Therefore, the game was not over until the last play ended. I didn't want to leave the game with only 3 seconds on the clock; it was that close. In the Oneida game it was 20-10 with 11:40 left in the game. Oneida would have had to score at least a touchdown and a field goal to beat TC. Then it was 23-10 with 1:40 left in the game. There's no comparison to which game was closer. After having said all that, I'm not sure who would win a game between Oneida an SP, and I don't know which is the better team. I just know that the TC/SP game was much closer, and SP had a real chance of wining the game with only 3 seconds left on the clock, and Oneida didn't.

Let the polls (which use the results of all games played, not just the last game) decide which team is better.

By the way, I think Oneida's 50-21 victory over Greenback was huge; that says a lot about the quality of your team, and I am sure it concerned the TC coaches, knowing their opponent beat one of the top 1A teams in the state by such a wide margin.

Well first off i wanna say congrats to Trousdale and i hope they win the gold ball next week! 2nd to the Indians yall had a heck of a season and played a great game tonight, nobody really gave us a chance guys but we showed we deserved to be there. and as for who is better SP or Oneida we will never know, but as Creasy said after the game and i quote him "yall are the best team we've played all year and you can tell South Pitt that" but who knows guys the better team won tonight and i wish TC luck next week! A couple of things i didnt like about the game was of course the deal with the head sets which was just crazy, and on the punt return for a touchdown that TC had i really thought they blocked #14 from Oneida in the back?? and i we just couldnt tackle tonight i didnt feel like our dbs did a good job of comin up and makin plays on the ball carriers, ecspecailly number #5 he played a great game and it seemed like he made EVERY tackle on defense.. but all in all i hope all the doubters out there will see Oneida did deserve to be here and SP may be better than us but we played tonight and thats all that matters, Seniors goodluck with everything from here on out and once again good luck to TC next week im pullin for ya

I have a life. I also have a bible and a constitution. Both are BLACK AND WHITE. It was a cheap, dirty stunt. Very unbecoming of a team like Trousdale County.

I dont care that Oneida lost. The Indians played as well as they could tonight and represented Oneida well. But the headset stunt. Geeeeeeez, that is pretty sorry.

you dont care, then go to bed. I care, quit trying to say that your bunch is better than trousdale or south pitt. You know regions 3 and 4 are better, its just a fact. For once one of yalls teams besides hampton got to get a beatdown though, sharing the love i suppose. I just think its hilarious how you react after a loss like this. You sound just like me after you fellas came to watertown and beat us right silly. We had turnovers in the redzone, but you said we didnt screw up, you forced us to. To call Creasy a cheat is outright classless, be a man and take a loss. Creasy didnt even have a headset on, hows it doing any good. Also keep in mind that it was in the first quarter when the first fifteen snaps are scripted, he wasnt callin in special plays. Ive seen trousdale four times and its five yards and a cloud of dust unless they break one. You try to cram them and they run their naked play and score on ya. Thats TC, smashmouth and dare you to stop them. Get over it, take a loss and quit whining and quit calling a great coach and great man a cheat.

PS: How would you like your crow? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />