Mitchell vs DL again.

Galilee

Congrats to DL and their great run.

Congrats to Region 5-3a for their run and it is a shame to see some of the teams leaving.

I have enjoyed the banter with all of the folks.

DL was very representative of our region....because they always acted like they had been there before.

I will say one thing and then I won't say anything else to take away from DL on here.

I "ran" my mouth because of my convictions.... I have ALWAYS supported our representative no matter what....not like many of those I see disappear after their team loses. I am a true fan of football. I understand that with my "strong" opinions it brings out some really thin skinned people opinions.....so be it.....if my posts can motivate a team that much...my offer to do that weekly is still open if the coach steps down and I get paid in his place. Oh....in the future look for the Bulldog on here as usual. My rep is out of the playoffs, I am pretty well done for this year

Let nothing else take away a hard earned victory by Mitchell and kudos to DL for their effort.

Wrong.

DL WAS your region. You just latched on to them to make yourself feel like a winner when it was convenient.

Congrats to Mitchell. Good luck against Catholic. Hope you take it home.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Mitchell. These are a different bunch of Tigers. They were more mature and discipline this year than in the years of past. They did everything their coaches asked of them. Good Luck to them in the Boro next week.

There are no officiating excuses for the Mustang loss. However there was one play on the last scoring Mitchell drive in regulation where two flags were thrown. One for crossing the line of scrimmage and the other a defensive pass interference in the end zone. Officials picked up the crossing the line flag and penalized the Mustangs for the interference. However, the replay in the booth showed the Mitchell QB was 3-4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball. I watched the replay along with the Lipscomb radio crew. No doubt. Don't know why they didn't let the penalty stand. That will be my only comment for the game in regard to officiating.

Please send this word to the Mitchell Team and fans. We understand you were exciting about coming to Nashville and getting revenge for beating Lipscomb and getting the chance to play for the State Title but there are a couple of things that we would like back:

1. A Mitchell team member or fan was seen taking down the Lipscomb Sports Network sign off the home side fence. We would like to have that back. It was the property of an individual and not the school, 2. The D L letters that was also at the fence was also taks and they were borrowed from someone not from the school. We hope that the Coach or the school administrators will look into this and help us get these items back. As I said, they were not the property of the school but private individuals.

As the Mitchell Coaches teach discipline to the team on the field and during the game, they should also teach not to trash the visiting locker room as well. I know they were exciting, but an extra effort was put in by the team of seeing how much of a mess they could make

Good Luck again to the Tigers and represent the west side of the state well against Knox. Catholic from the east.

Sour grapes are hard to eat aren't they? I think it is tacky to bring up a missing sign and letters and blame it on the Mitchell fans and, or players. Why don't YOU just run down there this morning and clean up the locker room yourself and hush. DL will not play Giles next year and I bet they won't want to play Mitchell either. Congratulations to Mitchell and good luck next week.

Sour grapes are hard to eat aren't they? I think it is tacky to bring up a missing sign and letters and blame it on the Mitchell fans and, or players. Why don't YOU just run down there this morning and clean up the locker room yourself and hush. DL will not play Giles next year and I bet they won't want to play Mitchell either. Congratulations to Mitchell and good luck next week.

Good-luck to the Tigers and coach Cole.And to DL and team great game.

I guess the missing signs are part of "spreading the wealth" huh?

Glad to hear from up ahapplet, taking a break from working with your son on kicking fields are you?

Congratulations to Mitchell. These are a different bunch of Tigers. They were more mature and discipline this year than in the years of past. They did everything their coaches asked of them. Good Luck to them in the Boro next week.

There are no officiating excuses for the Mustang loss. However there was one play on the last scoring Mitchell drive in regulation where two flags were thrown. One for crossing the line of scrimmage and the other a defensive pass interference in the end zone. Officials picked up the crossing the line flag and penalized the Mustangs for the interference. However, the replay in the booth showed the Mitchell QB was 3-4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball. I watched the replay along with the Lipscomb radio crew. No doubt. Don't know why they didn't let the penalty stand. That will be my only comment for the game in regard to officiating.

Please send this word to the Mitchell Team and fans. We understand you were exciting about coming to Nashville and getting revenge for beating Lipscomb and getting the chance to play for the State Title but there are a couple of things that we would like back:

1. A Mitchell team member or fan was seen taking down the Lipscomb Sports Network sign off the home side fence. We would like to have that back. It was the property of an individual and not the school, 2. The D L letters that was also at the fence was also taken and they were borrowed from someone not from the school. We hope that the Coach or the school administrators will look into this and help us get these items back. As I said, they were not the property of the school but private individuals.

As the Mitchell Coaches teach discipline to the team on the field and during the game, they should also teach not to trash the visiting locker room as well. I know they were exciting, but an extra effort was put in by the team of seeing how much of a mess they could make.

Good Luck again to the Tigers and represent the west side of the state well against Knox. Catholic from the east.

We would have been more than happy to clean up the locker room but the lights came on for 3 minutes and then went out for 15 minutes. We could not see in there, so inform the officlals at DL to get the lighting issue corrected and we wouldn't had an issue with cleaning up. I think this is petty but, oh well.

Congrats to DL and their great run.

Congrats to Region 5-3a for their run and it is a shame to see some of the teams leaving.

I have enjoyed the banter with all of the folks.

DL was very representative of our region....because they always acted like they had been there before.

I will say one thing and then I won't say anything else to take away from DL on here.

I "ran" my mouth because of my convictions.... I have ALWAYS supported our representative no matter what....not like many of those I see disappear after their team loses. I am a true fan of football. I understand that with my "strong" opinions it brings out some really thin skinned people opinions.....so be it.....if my posts can motivate a team that much...my offer to do that weekly is still open if the coach steps down and I get paid in his place. Oh....in the future look for the Bulldog on here as usual. My rep is out of the playoffs, I am pretty well done for this year

Let nothing else take away a hard earned victory by Mitchell and kudos to DL for their effort.

I truly want to thank you, because honestly the kids read your statements and it lit a fire under their butts. I mean an extra all out effort was gave to contain Zach Rogers, Officer, and #44.

One thing I heard last night was Zach and our #7 Keiwone Malone discussing playing together at Tennessee. I guess that is music to my ears being a VOL Fan .

I notice Mr. Milam that Malone WAS ATTEMPTING extra points last week for Mitchell against Dyersburg...He didn't do it this week?.....Also what did Malone do...I told everybody that THAT KID WILL PLAY ON SUNDAY if something doesn't go wrong...Talked to a recruiter and he told me that Lawson was going to be rated one of the top recruits in the country for 2010....And BTW what did Zach Rogers do?....He is the real deal.....How did he fare against Mitchell?...

From the Commercial Appeal:

At David Lipscomb

MITCHELL 31, DAVID LIPSCOMB 25

Mitchell ............... 0 .. 19 .. 6 .. 0 .. 6 ??” 31

David Lipscomb ... 7 .. 10 .. 8 .. 0 .. 0 ??” 25

D ??” Rogers 20 pass from Simpson (Lehning kick)

M ??” Artaves Gibson 2 run (Keiwone Malone kick)

M ??” Artaves Gibson 5 run (kick blocked)

D ??” Rogers 7 run (Lehning kick)

M ??” Keiwone Malone 30 pass from Robert Redmond (pass failed)

D ??” Lehning 42 FG

M ??” Jerricus Foster 1 run (pass failed)

D ??” Officer 3 run (Webb pass from Simpson)

M ??” Cortez Hudson 10 run (run failed)

.............................. M ........ D

First downs ............. 24 ...... 13

Net yards rushing .. 247 .... 122

Net yards passing .. 145 .... 115

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING ??” Mitchell, Artaves Gibson 31-162, Jerricus Foster 9-59. David Lipscomb, Rogers 13-74, Officer 15-56.

PASSING ??” Mitchell, Robert Redmond 12-18-145-0. David Lipscomb, Simpson 7-12-115-0.

RECEIVING ??” Mitchell, Keiwone Malone 6-88, Cortez Hudson 5-45. David Lipscomb, Webb 2-61.

RECORDS ??” Mitchell 9-5, David Lipscomb 13-1.

Stats of the game.

I debated whether or not to even respond to your comments. Talking about eating sour grapes? As to cleaning up the mess..it will get cleaned up. We would still like to have our stuff back. I have made my comments already about the game and congratulated the Tigers. You will be able to read more on the Lizard Lounge page of the Mustangfanpage as it will be updated over the next couple of days.

I debated whether or not to even respond to your comments. Talking about eating sour grapes? As to cleaning up the mess..it will get cleaned up. We would still like to have our stuff back. I have made my comments already about the game and congratulated the Tigers. You will be able to read more on the Lizard Lounge page of the Mustangfanpage as it will be updated over the next couple of days.

It makes no difference Lipscomb fans....Catholic will take care of Mitchell for you. We will beat them on the field and then we will convert them all after the game and they will leave the field all fine little boys........Remember west Tennessee....the beast of all classes from the east are coming......

Wrong.

DL WAS your region. You just latched on to them to make yourself feel like a winner when it was convenient.

Congrats to Mitchell. Good luck against Catholic. Hope you take it home.

Well, I am trying to stay out of this but since you called me out......look back and you will see that I have supported my region for the last six years. Giles was just as good as DL....tells me you know very little.

Aren't you a Moderator??? What's with you coming on here and taking cheap shots.

anndddd...get this... I'm a winner every day with or without latching onto anything. I've seen you post on here before as a region 6-3a fan.....you harbor ill will because your beloved region 6 has been trampled for years by region 5 and this was your first chance to sneak one in......where were you before. ......my goodness....a Moderator taking cheap shots and by the way aren't you "LATCHING" onto Mitchell....hypocrite!!! I also see that you "latch" onto some eastern TN teams now...hypocrite!!

I gave Mitchell their due as well as DL.......I am trying to leave it alone

Hey, waaaaiiiiiiitttt just a minute there Vandy1. That wasn't a Mitchell fan with a grill you saw stealing your sign, it was a mouthpiece to stop teeth grinding. Why, it was none other than Mitchell High School's new number one fan, Tammy Faye Ahappless and her sneaky accompice, Mr. T Thagrinder. Put out an AJB (all jerks bulletin) - mommie's on the loose!

Tammy Faye, don't you have to take Jr. to the dentist or something? How about heading to Memphis and working in a shelter or something. They would probably overlook your bad attitude and let you work for about 30 minutes or until they get sick of your mouth, whichever comes first.

Better go and start preparing your Sunday School lesson. I hear this week's class is on graciousness and being a good example. Your going to have to work really hard to come up with something plausible to discuss....

Oh, and fix your makeup.

We would have been more than happy to clean up the locker room but the lights came on for 3 minutes and then went out for 15 minutes. We could not see in there, so inform the officlals at DL to get the lighting issue corrected and we wouldn't had an issue with cleaning up. I think this is petty but, oh well.

So what did ya'll do for 15 minutes in the dark?

Seems like that is enough time to let someone know about your lack of light. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="