Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the game......Burros I am stunned, just ashamed by how classless you guys were!(Most of yall not all) I expect that from Melrose, but in the end, I think Melrose had CLASSY-ER fans. Constant taunting and even from the press box. My Lord, if Mr. Farmer had done or said anything close to that we would kindly ask for his resignation. Don't think I am just another por sport of some kind, because the loss still comes down on the whole team. Capitalizing on turnovers was our biggest weakness + lack of different plays. Plays were very predictable. In the end, our boys still triumphed in my opinion: We kept our respect intact and we left everything on the field. Pretty good for a bunch of boys from good Ole Henry County. Classiest Fans, Classiest Coaching Staff, and Classiest Team in the whole state. Thank you BIG RED for all that you do.

Kaiser

Wow.... I believe that there were classy HC fans present last night at the game, but most of the fans from HC that I heard were talking smack and very disrespectful. Heck, I heard some players after the game say that some of your own players were talking stuff BEFORE the game. Good game, Hillsboro, the better team pulled the win out.

Congratualtion to HC for a great season. After watching you from afar during the season, I truely expected you to be the team to beat in 4A. All season long, I read about blowouts and running clocks. The same is true last season. However, during the playoffs, I sensed you lost your edge. After the Melrose game, I felt Hillboro was the favorite from the West. Was the level of competition that much greater in the playoffs or did you fail to execute to your maximum level?

dang donkeys rats!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess if you want something done you got to do it yourself!!!!!!!!

what happened HC ??? u let us down !!! ..you brought Paris TN with you but the football team well lets say naah i cant say that, you didnt learn from the maplewood game on your first visit ...these guys load the box on run teams ..so its pass pass pass noticed how easy u moved the ball when passing.. crowd was huge full vistor half of home side ... wow i was shocked ....i mean i had to stand on a freaking hill!! oh well as much as it pains me to say ..congrats you dang donkey rats uhh i feel so sick!!!... now im stuck in between a rock and hard place Maryville or Hillsboro? awwwww this stinks ..flip a coin? or why dont both teams forfeit the title game!!

Well hey Boski... Wait!!! 1st congrats to Hillsboro.. then just for Boski lest u forget /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> http://ibn.ihigh.com/play/index.cfm?fuseac...p;id=101E25C721

LOL! Yeah, somehow I don't think you would say that if Henry County was playing them next saturday. Like I said, can you say "bitter"?

Also, I want to apologize on behalf of any HHS fans that were disrespectful. However, Henry County fans certainly did their share of taunting and the taking over half of the home bleachers was just unnecessary in my opinion. I'm just glad HHS won the game to make it look all the more silly for doing so.

Sit on the hill, stand on the track, but don't go sit on the home side bleachers. I get it: Henry County fans support their team better than some colleges, but that just is not appropriate. I don't imagine Henry County would appreciate it if a visiting team's fans decided to take over a large section of their home bleachers.

HC fans were not being disrespectful they just wanted a seat. Maybe the city of Nashville should put more money into your facilities. Our fans had your pitiful visitors section filled by 6 p.m. Your facilities were horrid, but your team played well. Congrats on the win and good luck!

HC fans were not being disrespectful they just wanted a seat. Maybe the city of Nashville should put more money into your facilities. Our fans had your pitiful visitors section filled by 6 p.m. Your facilities were horrid, but your team played well. Congrats on the win and good luck!

Wow!!! Henry County fans you have changed my mine about you. I was in Henry County when the Burros played in the semi-final there in 2006. I enjoyed my trip there and felt the fans were great. But, because you didn't win the game this year, you insult our facilities and you insult the Hillsboro fans. When I was there in 2006, I really did not consider your facilities to be that great. We had to sit on some horrible (I guess rental) benches that must have been the cheapest that you could rent because they felt like they were going to cave in at anytime. I do not remember you having any kind of luxury bathroom facilities. You have a certain arrogance about your team and yourselves, but your team cannot back up your smack talk. Look at who they played during this season; 1 - team that was 0-9; 2 - teams that were 1 - 9; 3 teams that were 3-8; a class 2A team. I really felt that Henry County would beat Hillsboro becasue I knew that you were beating opponents by huge margins but did not check out who you were beating until a few days before the semi-final game when I looked at your schedule here on Coacht and looked at the schedule of your opponents to see their win-loss record. That is when I realized, Hillsboro could just win this game. Your putting your team on such a high pedastal and underestimating the Hillsboro team has really brought out a lot of nastiness on your part. You say that the Hillsboro fans had no class, but these posts by you, Henry County fans, shows who has no class.

Good luck to your players who will be moving on to the next level.

I had the unpleasant pleasure of seating next to a couple of HC fans at a UT game, we got into a discussion about HS football, they let me know real quick that HC was by far the best team in the state and would take the crown from the Maryville Rebels this year. My reply was you have to get there first, I could defently see HC fans trying to take over a facilty, if the fans I sat with are any indication they thought they deserved to do what they wish. The funny thing about their perdictions was it was only the first week of the season, no doubt they played well to get where they got to but, they forgot one thing you have to be able to back up all THAT SMACK players, fans and coaches (LOTS OF POSTINGS ABOUT HOW GREAT THE TEAM WAS). I am not a Maryville fan other than enjoying good HS football, every year their coaches and players approach the season the same way, maybe not good enough to dupicate last years success. Alot of teams could learn some things from them espisally coaches, teach your players to play and keep their mouth shut. I was hoping to see an HC, Maryville match up because every year that MHS sees a team that is so sure of them self they usally come back to East Tenn with the Gold ball. Luck to all the teams, lets roll East Tenn. teams Alcoa,Catholic, Maryville, must be something in the water.

Wow!!! Henry County fans you have changed my mine about you. I was in Henry County when the Burros played in the semi-final there in 2006. I enjoyed my trip there and felt the fans were great. But, because you didn't win the game this year, you insult our facilities and you insult the Hillsboro fans. When I was there in 2006, I really did not consider your facilities to be that great. We had to sit on some horrible (I guess rental) benches that must have been the cheapest that you could rent because they felt like they were going to cave in at anytime. I do not remember you having any kind of luxury bathroom facilities. You have a certain arrogance about your team and yourselves, but your team cannot back up your smack talk. Look at who they played during this season; 1 - team that was 0-9; 2 - teams that were 1 - 9; 3 teams that were 3-8; a class 2A team. I really felt that Henry County would beat Hillsboro becasue I knew that you were beating opponents by huge margins but did not check out who you were beating until a few days before the semi-final game when I looked at your schedule here on Coacht and looked at the schedule of your opponents to see their win-loss record. That is when I realized, Hillsboro could just win this game. Your putting your team on such a high pedastal and underestimating the Hillsboro team has really brought out a lot of nastiness on your part. You say that the Hillsboro fans had no class, but these posts by you, Henry County fans, shows who has no class.

Good luck to your players who will be moving on to the next level.

Well I in no part am trying to be classless and would agree that some of our fans can let their mouth overload there butts. I respected your team and give credit where it is due, but I take offense to the postings of several of your fans on here that call "all" Henry Countians classless just because we sat on your side. I also have not an will not insult your fans. Your facilities are not good but that does not take away from your team or coaching staff. They did a spectacular job. It is you who is throwing daggers. I truly wish your team luck they came to work last night and did what was necessary to beat a great team. Again, good luck in M'boro!

dang donkeys rats!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess if you want something done you got to do it yourself!!!!!!!!

what happened HC ??? u let us down !!! ..you brought Paris TN with you but the football team well lets say naah i cant say that, you didnt learn from the maplewood game on your first visit ...these guys load the box on run teams ..so its pass pass pass noticed how easy u moved the ball when passing.. crowd was huge full vistor half of home side ... wow i was shocked ....i mean i had to stand on a freaking hill!! oh well as much as it pains me to say ..congrats you dang donkey rats uhh i feel so sick!!!... now im stuck in between a rock and hard place Maryville or Hillsboro? awwwww this stinks ..flip a coin? or why dont both teams forfeit the title game!!

Awww, boski don't decide to stop rooting against HHS now. I have basically decided that is the very thing that makes us play harder. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Awww, boski don't decide to stop rooting against HHS now. I have basically decided that is the very thing that makes us play harder. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

haha that's what i said before the game!!

First i want to say what i good game for both teams. Teague is the real deal. Allen would be better off losing a lil wait and puttin on speed. still a good player.

but how about the play of Corey Jordan #* and Aaron Bryant #2?? those two kids are studs.

I agree that the facilities were absolutely horrible..

I also agree that it's not classless to sit on the other bench when your entire side is filled a little more than an hour before kickoff.

However, I told some of the people around me that I was concerned when I seen about 3/4 of HC players with their helmets off standing around with their hands on their hips during pregame warmups while all of the HHS players had their helmets on and were getting psyched up. To me that just shows they had absolutely no edge.. if I were Gaddis there wouldn't be a helmet off until the game starts and you're on the sideline, and anyone who decided to show otherwise would run some sprints.

Not to take anything away from HHS, they definitely did what it took to win, but I believe 100% that if HCHS played to their ability and like they wanted it, it wouldn't have been a close game. Everything about HC seemed extremely slow last night...from getting the play calls in, to coming out from halftime, to the blockers, everything... I know I sound like an armchair quarterback, and I can only say what I see in retrospect, but it's my perception of what happened.

Also: I hate the horns that some of our fans brought. I hate it when it's at home games, and I agree that they were being especially rude with it for most of the game, and it was even getting on my nerves at some points.

As far as classy fans go? Yeah, I agree that the majority of HHS fans I seen were extremely classless, but some of our guys were embarassing me as well. It's not classy for your students to run in front of our fans with your flag.. at the beginning when ours ran over to your side, he stopped where they HC fans were.. On the other side, I thought it was extremely classless when someone threw a bottle at them.. they're just kids being kids.. Then at the end of the game, a bunch of HHS fans were walking in front of our crowd talking smack (yet again, classless) but I seen 40+ year old grown men from our side yelling obscenities and making comments like "Go on the other side of your field with your 20 fans" (also classless)... The thing that bothers me the most when these people are talking smack is that there are little 5-6 year old kids that pick up these habits and to me that's not the way you need to show kids how to be a good sport.

All in all it was a GREAT game even though we lost... HHS' 4-4-3 scheme worked VERY effectively, especially against the run... I was dissappointed in both fan bases, but at least we made the trip.

Good luck to HHS next week against Maryville.