Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

1. I wasn't talking about when the teams ran out...it should be loud on both sides for that. I was talking about during the warm-ups; during "Too Hype".

2. As for 2old2play's comment: I work with handicapped people every day, and I know that they don't want to be treated any differently than anybody else. The siren sounded sick...if the gentleman is handicapped and can't afford one, somebody step up and buy one for him! I feel fine about myself, thank you very much!

1. no one said anything about he couldnt afford one, he made that one with his own two hands and wouldnt take anything for it.

2. Marion didnt get the memo about playing or cheering during" to hype "

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know our band has always played when the other team has the ball, that is part of the game. Heck, they even play when we have the ball sometimes, not always the smartest band, but they are always good. As far as classless goes, maybe they should have shown better judgement than playing during yall's pregame ritual, but I wasn't there for that, and otherwise I didn't see any classless things going on. It was an excellent atmosphere for highschool football and yall answered the bell each time we would pull close, and that is a mark of a great football team!!

TTP...we're not use to the band being at away games until the 2nd quarter..are we...lol

And i am not going to argues over the band

1. I wasn't talking about when the teams ran out...it should be loud on both sides for that. I was talking about during the warm-ups; during "Too Hype".

2. As for 2old2play's comment: I work with handicapped people every day, and I know that they don't want to be treated any differently than anybody else. The siren sounded sick...if the gentleman is handicapped and can't afford one, somebody step up and buy one for him! I feel fine about myself, thank you very much!

Ok..i guess what Alcoa needs to do when you have visitors is hand them a sheet of paper with your festivities so everyone will know what yall are doing. I have no idea what "Too Hype" is and I am sure no one else did either..this is silly to even being discussing this....end

Just getting back to the computer now. Marion surprised me and had me on the edge of my seat for most of the game. A few thoughts:

1. Alcoa is not clicking like they should, but Marions D was good and fast on our sweeps.

2. We may be holding back some plays, but everyone and their brother knows we are doing a QB draw when we run shotgun with 2 RBs to his right or left. Only threw once from that.

3. Too Hype is the team standing and doing the pregame chant in formation, it is obvious what it is and while it is irreleant I did find it a little tasteless.

4. It is against the rules to play when the other team is on offense, especially when they are in front of the band and it can effect audibles and play calls. It is different than crowd noise. Maybe it didn't make a difference but rules are rules and should be enforced.

5. Alcoa won on the line. Our D was too fast off the ball and snuffed out the veer. We need to tighten pass coverage though.

6.Sam Thompson is our premier leader. I would want more leaders like him on the team. I don't know anyone else for Alcoa that could have made that key catch for the TD, and he played solid D. Robinson is the only one comparable to him.

7. I hear fans get down on Chase, because he is not Cobb or Joey. I heard this in the stands from at least 10 fans doubting him. We have been spoiled and Chase is a very adequate and athletic 2A QB. We can't always have a Cobb at QB.

8. We need to run a little more shotgun and let James have some better blocking.

9. Marion was a lot better than I expected, good job guys. Mclovin 08, great post.

10. Milan here we come.

Just getting back to the computer now. Marion surprised me and had me on the edge of my seat for most of the game. A few thoughts:

1. Alcoa is not clicking like they should, but Marions D was good and fast on our sweeps.

2. We may be holding back some plays, but everyone and their brother knows we are doing a QB draw when we run shotgun with 2 RBs to his right or left. Only threw once from that.

3. Too Hype is the team standing and doing the pregame chant in formation, it is obvious what it is and while it is irreleant I did find it a little tasteless.

4. It is against the rules to play when the other team is on offense, especially when they are in front of the band and it can effect audibles and play calls. It is different than crowd noise. Maybe it didn't make a difference but rules are rules and should be enforced.

5. Alcoa won on the line. Our D was too fast off the ball and snuffed out the veer. We need to tighten pass coverage though.

6.Sam Thompson is our premier leader. I would want more leaders like him on the team. I don't know anyone else for Alcoa that could have made that key catch for the TD, and he played solid D. Robinson is the only one comparable to him.

7. I hear fans get down on Chase, because he is not Cobb or Joey. I heard this in the stands from at least 10 fans doubting him. We have been spoiled and Chase is a very adequate and athletic 2A QB. We can't always have a Cobb at QB.

8. We need to run a little more shotgun and let James have some better blocking.

9. Marion was a lot better than I expected, good job guys. Mclovin 08, great post.

10. Milan here we come.

good take on the game.

I have looked back at the post since the game was over and I don't find anywhere that a post was made where MC was crying about anything. Yes we did question the timeout and the attempt to score with only seconds on the clock, but now that we know what the timeout was about (cause we were focused on our team and not what was happening on your sidelines) I think that is pretty cool thing to do for the Senior players. The attempt to score..well that is questionable. And believe me we never asked for Mercy..we never have and never will.

One thing that I would like to point out is Alcoa was very quiet at the half and into the 4th quarter.....I think we gave you more than you were expecting..wheather you want to admit it or not.....Not gonna fight or argue with you so please don't make an attempt. We played great ball...

At no point did I say MC did not play well. MC is a fine football team. Go back and read my posts please. My post was pointed a one or two whiners dishonoring a fine effort by MC.

Talk about quiet, what happened to the choo-choo whistle in the second half? Don't recall many toots. It was deafening in the first half. I could actually hear my self think in the second half. Did it run out of air?

Trust this fact: if Rankin had wanted to score he would have never pulled the first unit. We would have just run over MC like the last time we had the ball on the 10. One play - 10 yards - walk in stand up TD by Tyson. Do you recall that play? Instead, Rankin pulled the first unit, called time out, and honored our Seniors and proceeded to run out the clock by running nothing but simple dive plays.

And the best part that negates your post? We still had the ball with 19 seconds left on the clock. Instead of calling a play, he told the team to line up and shake MC's hands. Trying to score? Not hardly ma'am. Give Rankin 19 seconds and that equates to three plays with one second to spare.

However, strangely, I agree with you on one fact: I would have not been happy if he had left the first unit in and tried to score. It would have not been a final fitting tribute to a fine effort by a very good MC team.

To the real players of MC - great game. You are a fine football team and the real deal. I look forward to seeing you return to the playoffs next year and wish you all the best. As for the whiners? Sadly, it is always those that never played the game.....happy holidays MrsGB!

At no point did I say MC did not play well. MC is a fine football team. Go back and read my posts please. My post was pointed a one or two whiners dishonoring a fine effort by MC.

Talk about quiet, what happened to the choo-choo whistle in the second half? Don't recall many toots. It was deafening in the first half. I could actually hear my self think in the second half. Did it run out of air?

Trust this fact: if Rankin had wanted to score he would have never pulled the first unit. We would have just run over MC like the last time we had the ball on the 10. One play - 10 yards - walk in stand up TD by Tyson. Do you recall that play? Instead, Rankin pulled the first unit, called time out, and honored our Seniors and proceeded to run out the clock by running nothing but simple dive plays.

And the best part that negates your post? We still had the ball with 19 seconds left on the clock. Instead of calling a play, he told the team to line up and shake MC's hands. Trying to score? Not hardly ma'am. Give Rankin 19 seconds and that equates to three plays with one second to spare.

However, strangely, I agree with you on one fact: I would have not been happy if he had left the first unit in and tried to score. It would have not been a final fitting tribute to a fine effort by a very good MC team.

To the real players of MC - great game. You are a fine football team and the real deal. I look forward to seeing you return to the playoffs next year and wish you all the best. As for the whiners? Sadly, it is always those that never played the game.....happy holidays MrsGB!

happy holidays to you as well...I think somewhere along these post we have misinterpreted one another...lets just shake on it shall we....I am a nice gal and didn't mean to come off in a rude or negative manner but we have one or two folks that want to whine about something just like anyother team...I am not one of them or at least I try not to be. GREAT GAME BY BOTH TEAMS..Good luck in the Finals we wish you well....Peace my friend.

Ok..i guess what Alcoa needs to do when you have visitors is hand them a sheet of paper with your festivities so everyone will know what yall are doing. I have no idea what "Too Hype" is and I am sure no one else did either..this is silly to even being discussing this....end

Not trying to stir the pot but that really ticked me off. Most of the time bands arent even playing at that point and I'm sure if someone had been paying attention they would have thought "Hey, they seem to be doing something right now, lets not play loud as all get out and interrupt them." Too Hype is a big part of Alcoa Football, it will always be special to me, so don't even try to brush it off as "silly" to be irked about. Next time be more observant.

To my Mighty Warriors.....I couldn't be more proud of you boys, you've had one heck of a season. I have known for the last couple of years that you had it in you but you just needed a great leader to pull it all together. You went to Alcoa and played your hearts out and gave them a fight that they didn't see coming. To the seniors hold your heads up high you accomplished something that most everyone said couldn't be done. It was a hard fought game by both teams and I would like to say congrats to the Alcoa players! I'm not going to get on here and squabble about silly stuff because all that does is take away from 2 great groups of kids that have played their hearts out all year!

We love you Warriors and you will always be remembered as that MIGHTY PURPLE STORM that took the valley by surprise and brought back the winning spirit to MC football!!!!!

Way to go Warriors!!!!!

PS

As for the comment about the gentleman and his siren....who cares what Alcoa fans think about it he shows his support for our boys the best way he can and our boys love him for it and they love the siren because it sure can irritate some players on the field...lol......and that man with siren has more class in his pinky finger than the one that made the comment about the siren will ever have!!!!!