Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few thoughts for My Mighty Warriors....ye of little faith keep believing that our boys have no chance against Alcoa that is fine. While some of those non believers are sitting at home getting ready for basketball season our boys are still playing. I think it is just hilarious that some of those folks that have done nothing but dog The Might Warriors all season are all of a sudden their biggest fans Ha Ha Ha.....our boys know who has supported them all season and who really has faith that they can accomplish anything that they put their minds to! It has been stated that NO team is unbeatable and our boys know this and will work hard and play even harder come Friday night. We have a group of boys that have truly learned the meaning of playing as a Team, they know that it takes the entire team to win not just one or two players. They also have the heart and confidence in themselves that is needed to prove that they can compete with any team. So ye of little faith can continue to be no believers but I have a feeling when the WARRIORS prove you all wrong yet again on Friday we will see you also joining the MIGHTY PURPLE STORM band waggon. Shaking my head and laughing to myself I will welcome you in and will be glad to see you have finally seen the light!!!

Work hard this week WARRIORS and continue to prove all these non believers wrong!!!!!!

This will be a close game again this week and yet again MY MIGHTY WARRIORS WILL prove you all wrong again!!!

First off sometimes its good to be lucky also. If some teams would have been put in the same bracket then im sure they would be in the semi-finals also. When a team has 8 turnovers in the 3rd round game like Boyd did then you better come away with the W or something is def. wrong. I understand that you believe in your team & im not knocking you for that because I will be pulling for the Warriors also. I am just taking the more realistic approach by knowing that Alcoa will most likely not turn the ball over 8 times so its going to be hard to keep it close. This is a team on another level then you have seen all year. When South Pitt blew Marion out the first game if they would have played Alcoa the next night South Pitt would have got beat themselves. This itnt York, Smith County, or Boyd. Its Alcoa a team who barely lost to Maryville. Yeah Maryville the team that has a 73 game winning streak. Good luck Warriors I will be pulling for you & I hope you do pull the upset. I am just one of many that just dont believe it will happen. No need to go bragging though cause like I said if your team were in a different bracket you wouldnt be in the semi finals so after Friday night you also will be strapping up the basketball shoes.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off sometimes its good to be lucky also. If some teams would have been put in the same bracket then I'm sure they would be in the semi-finals also. When a team has 8 turnovers in the RD round game like Boyd did then you better come away with the W or something is def. wrong. I understand that you believe in your team & I'm not knocking you for that because I will be pulling for the Warriors also. I am just taking the more realistic approach by knowing that Alcoa will most likely not turn the ball over 8 times so its going to be hard to keep it close. This is a team on another level then you have seen all year. When South Pitt blew Marion out the first game if they would have played Alcoa the next night South Pitt would have got beat themselves. This tint York, Smith County, or Boyd. Its Alcoa a team who barely lost to Mary ville. Yeah Mary ville the team that has a 73 game winning streak. Good luck Warriors I will be pulling for you & I hope you do pull the upset. I am just one of many that just dint believe it will happen. No need to go bragging though cause like I said if your team were in a different bracket you wouldn't be in the semi finals so after Friday night you also will be strapping up the basketball shoes.

How about this, you just stay away from Marions players. With your attitude, you seem to be one of those doubters she was talking about. So when did you decide to join the band wagon? Before or after they beat Boyd? Alcoa is a team with young men just like ours. Someone said early, they are just mortal men and not able to leap tall buildings.

Do I believe Marion County can win? Yes I do and I have believed it all year long. Lets go Warriors, not all your fans doubt you......

give us a break husker.... alcoa couldnt score but 28 on CAK and couldnt break 50 on loudon.... do you really think they are gonna put up 56 on marion.... dont get me wrong now... im not expecting marion to win either... i dont think anyone is but we do hope and pray that they do.... nothing wrong with that.... marion is fast, strong, and believe me, they arent gonna be goin to alcoa thinkin lets keep it within 3 tds .... they are going to try their best to bring the series between us to 2-2 and go to the murf..... lets face it.... the way everyone from alcoa talks on here, it could roll over to the football team and they could look right over marion .... you just never know.... this team is almost just like the 1990 team that beat yall... just a little less option offense and not near the big play threats but we will be coming up there with 2 rb's that are on the verge of 1000 yrds and a demeanor thats reminiscent of the "country boys can survive" mantra that steamrolled yall in 1990.... we have to get our offense going next week to some degree and get more than 8 stinkin first downs and 144-ish yards of total offense

..... i will be at the game next week!!!!!!!!!!! i would love to meet some of yall alcoa fans and say hi..

CAK Is by far the best team we played this year besides MAryville, ask anybody else on the team And in my opinion CAK would put at least 30 on marion

Tom the one thing that does concern me is the injury situation. I read where Tyler banged up his shoulder. Also Warren and N. Robinson are banged up. Will they be ready to go? Seems like the offensive line is not playing together as of now. I honestly blame the weak schedule/mercy rule for this. They do not get enough reps. Hopefully this will change this week. Thanks for your comments.

Tyler will play and is ok. Darryl said he will be back in by friday and As for Nathaniel RObinson, i think as of right now hes questionable. Lets hope they all make full recoverys, they are all great contributors to our team on both sides of the ball

First off sometimes its good to be lucky also. If some teams would have been put in the same bracket then im sure they would be in the semi-finals also. When a team has 8 turnovers in the 3rd round game like Boyd did then you better come away with the W or something is def. wrong. I understand that you believe in your team & im not knocking you for that because I will be pulling for the Warriors also. I am just taking the more realistic approach by knowing that Alcoa will most likely not turn the ball over 8 times so its going to be hard to keep it close. This is a team on another level then you have seen all year. When South Pitt blew Marion out the first game if they would have played Alcoa the next night South Pitt would have got beat themselves. This itnt York, Smith County, or Boyd. Its Alcoa a team who barely lost to Maryville. Yeah Maryville the team that has a 73 game winning streak. Good luck Warriors I will be pulling for you & I hope you do pull the upset. I am just one of many that just dont believe it will happen. No need to go bragging though cause like I said if your team were in a different bracket you wouldnt be in the semi finals so after Friday night you also will be strapping up the basketball shoes.

I didn't know that stating the facts was bragging.......?

I am very proud of my boys they have done very well this season so I guess it does give us Marion fans bragging rights!

A lot of people have had the so called realistic approach all season but like I've said before MY MIGHTY Warriors just keep proving you wrong. You are entitled to your opinion and so are the Warrior Faithful....I just believe that our opinion is right and yours is wrong!!!!!

Warriors pull off yet another upset Friday night!!!!

so which bracket wouldn't we be in the semis........alcoas?? Like I said, Alcoa may win by 50, maybe not, we know they are way better than the Pirates, no question about it!! It will take a special effort to win, more than likely several turnovers by the tornadoes, and great play by the warriors. Some of you pirates supporters, NOT ALL, but some amaze me..........you know, if yall had had more than 26 yards in the first half against Trousdale, maybe yall would have done better also!! It usually takes some luck to win some games, so I am glad we were lucky friday night and get the chance to take on Alcoa, than not being lucky and sitting at home.

I'm betting Coach B is like a lot of other HS coaches, never giving this site a thought other than hoping his players stay off it. Your interpretation of what he meant about the bad call reference is wrong. He's accepting responsibility as a coach for his team having to travel so much, due to a play call he made he feels was incorrect. As far as knowing where the next game is, he's been focused on what's important, preparing his team for the next game, not looking ahead to where they'll play several weeks down the road. IMO, the TSSAA has totally screwed the 2A playoff format up, and the things Coach B reference about it shows just how much. As far as a fan telling him where we play, thats rediculous.

Coach will have his team ready to play Alcoa Friday night. If the Alcoa team is made up of simply mortal high school students, unable to leap tall buildings with a single bound, Marion may just find a way to compete. I asked one player how he felt about going on the road to play this powerful Alcoa team. He simply said, "Coach will study their team this weekend and have some things ready for us to work on Monday in practice. We'll be ready." That shows a lot of confidence in his leader and its reflective of how all these Marion players feel. Post all the pictures and comments you want this week, you'll never hear me telling this bunch their season is over Friday night. BTW glover, Darth Vader was defeated in the end; probably not your best effort on pic selection. Now that Indian going over the waterfall, that's funny.

I'm also looking forward to reading the post game article. Only four 2A football teams in Tennessee will have an article written about them come next Saturday morning. Marion is one of those four, and that's special........a lot of teams would enjoy being where we are right now.

1. I never implied that Coach looked at this site. I would be surprised if any coaches looked on here.

2. I'd say it would be a safe bet to say that all coaches are focused on the next game, but it's human nature to look at the whole bracket and have some idea of what's going on. If he didn't know where he was playing, he hasn't read the TSSAA rule book.

3. "Unable to leap tall buildings with a single bound": TRob did a pretty good job of doing a beautiful leap over a player a few games back for a touchdown! Funniest thing I've ever seen! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

4. Gotta admire coach for going for 2 for the win during the regular season play. Going for the win and not the loss is admirable. And, yes, it may have been the difference between traveling or staying home, but if MC had won that game, there's no guarantee that B-B wouldn't have been out for revenge and would've beaten the pants of them in the quarters.

In reference to a previous post re: MC not "bowing down" to Alcoa: We wouldn't expect any team to do that. We haven't seen one yet, and we don't expect to. Every single team that's played us this year has come in with an upset on their minds, and hasn't "bowed down" to us. They've played us to the best of their ability. Our boys get "hyped" up before the game, then settle down and take care of business.

MC fans: have a good trip on Friday and be safe. Hope to see a good game with no injuries on either side of the ball.