Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to believe that Coach B didn't know that we were traveling. I am sure Friday night was such an emotional thing for him it would be easy to get a little dazed..The announcers had it that Alcoa was headed to Marion so when alot of folks got home they didn't know who was coming and who was going. I don't think the traveling will hurt us any, we have played on the road all year and been just fine. As far as finances we will be ok, the gate and concessions would have been nice but there is not a fan in Marion that will not see to it that we don't have the funds to do what we need to do.

Hard to believe that we are one of the 4th best teams in the state right now....4th best!! It's been a great weekend wouldn't you say?????

go gettem Warriors......the Road to Alcoa will be painted purple on Friday!!

I can see where the MC coach would think they were playing at home , the excitement of beatin BB and knowing you just made the semi finals . But with the seeding deal of TSSAA , Alcoa is the higher seed so we get home field . Hope ya'll have a safe trip up . GO TORNADOES!!!!! THE ROAD TO THE BORO IS PAINTED MAROON AND WHITE

But, if BB had won that game, I guess what he says is true: He wouldn't be traveling this week...he'd be sitting at home watching football games on tv! Oops, just re-read the previous post about the game he was talking about being the regular season game. No matter!

I'm amazed that he had no idea that they would travel. I'm even more amazed that nobody told him! Wait 'til he sees what's waiting for him and his team when he steps off the bus!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Can't wait to read the post-game article!

I'm betting Coach B is like a lot of other HS coaches, never giving this site a thought other than hoping his players stay off it. Your interpretation of what he meant about the bad call reference is wrong. He's accepting responsibility as a coach for his team having to travel so much, due to a play call he made he feels was incorrect. As far as knowing where the next game is, he's been focused on what's important, preparing his team for the next game, not looking ahead to where they'll play several weeks down the road. IMO, the TSSAA has totally screwed the 2A playoff format up, and the things Coach B reference about it shows just how much. As far as a fan telling him where we play, thats rediculous.

Coach will have his team ready to play Alcoa Friday night. If the Alcoa team is made up of simply mortal high school students, unable to leap tall buildings with a single bound, Marion may just find a way to compete. I asked one player how he felt about going on the road to play this powerful Alcoa team. He simply said, "Coach will study their team this weekend and have some things ready for us to work on Monday in practice. We'll be ready." That shows a lot of confidence in his leader and its reflective of how all these Marion players feel. Post all the pictures and comments you want this week, you'll never hear me telling this bunch their season is over Friday night. BTW glover, Darth Vader was defeated in the end; probably not your best effort on pic selection. Now that Indian going over the waterfall, that's funny.

I'm also looking forward to reading the post game article. Only four 2A football teams in Tennessee will have an article written about them come next Saturday morning. Marion is one of those four, and that's special........a lot of teams would enjoy being where we are right now.

If our offense plays the way it did against CAK and for the 2nd and 3rd quarters tonight then we might be in for a good game, however I don't see Marion being able to score more than 7 points, if any on our defense. I mean come on if they can only muster 7 against Boyd-Buchanan then how do they expect to score against us.

Alcoa- 26

Marion- 7 (late in the game)

I would like to congradulate both teams on having a great year so far. I think these are the two best teams in 2A and I think it will be a very good game. MC has played fast teams like alcoa and has contained them well. I think MC will be able to run the ball much better against alcoa because we are alittle bigger and stronger up front. MC has to play alcoa a great mistake free game friday but so does alcoa. I think this will be like last friday and will come down to the final few minutes. My prediction MC 21 Alcoa 14. GO WARRIORS!!!

Before anybody starts feeling too sad for MC having to spend money on Friday:

The band ran out of everything on Friday night, leaving us to resort to Chick-fil-a sandwiches and Tornadoes (frito-pies) for Friday! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Looks like Friday a.m. may be a good time to do some painting!

But, if BB had won that game, I guess what he says is true: He wouldn't be traveling this week...he'd be sitting at home watching football games on tv! Oops, just re-read the previous post about the game he was talking about being the regular season game. No matter!

I'm amazed that he had no idea that they would travel. I'm even more amazed that nobody told him! Wait 'til he sees what's waiting for him and his team when he steps off the bus!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think a "special sign" is in order to be put in front of the middle school gym to welcome them when they get here!

What he said is true: we don't have any type talent that they haven??™t seen, but I don't think they've seen as much of it on the field at one time.

Can't wait to read the post-game article!

Okay Marion, Think back when people were talking so much about how good Brentwood was and how many teams and state championship games they won back in the 90,s and little ole Marion county might as well give up before showing up. And what kind of talent Brentwood had! I also remember the Brentwood coaches leaving the 2nd place trophy on the side of the field and the refs having take it to the bus and pratically force the coah to take it. I was there i seen it happen. No that doesnt mean Marion will win but I do believe from What I have seen they will bring it and leave it all on the field, and you see if its a W they have succeeded and if its a L after the seasons that preceeded them, they still have succeeded. So think about this they really have nothing to lose only to gain! So Warriors go give it 110% for 4qtr's and when the final buzzard sounds just make sure win or lose Alcoa knows they were in a balllgame with a great football team! JUST KNOW THAT THE WHOLE VALLEY AND SURROUNDING AREA ARE ROOTING FOR THE MIGHTY MIGHTY WARRIORS!

Okay Marion, Think back when people were talking so much about how good Brentwood was and how many teams and state championship games they won back in the 90,s and little ole Marion county might as well give up before showing up. And what kind of talent Brentwood had! I also remember the Brentwood coaches leaving the 2nd place trophy on the side of the field and the refs having take it to the bus and pratically force the coah to take it. I was there i seen it happen. No that doesnt mean Marion will win but I do believe from What I have seen they will bring it and leave it all on the field, and you see if its a W they have succeeded and if its a L after the seasons that preceeded them, they still have succeeded. So think about this they really have nothing to lose only to gain! So Warriors go give it 110% for 4qtr's and when the final buzzard sounds just make sure win or lose Alcoa knows they were in a balllgame with a great football team! JUST KNOW THAT THE WHOLE VALLEY AND SURROUNDING AREA ARE ROOTING FOR THE MIGHTY MIGHTY WARRIORS!

I remember that game too. BA was a heavy favorite...as Alcoa will be. I think the difference is BA didn't have the athletes Alcoa does. BA was well coached and played fundamental football. Alcoa also plays fundamental football with no less than 5 DI athletes. It will be next to impossible for Marion to even compete...much less win. Alcoa does have some injury problems. If you think SP is fast...you are in for a surprise. It will be an interesting match-up.

Just to chime in a little for a moment. Each of the players for both teams should be congratulated. They have come a lot farther them most in the state. There are a lot of other players from other teams who will be sitting at home or watching from the sidelines.

Also we should remember this is only a game. In light of some of the problems that have fallen on cheerleaders and football players and band members this year we should be thankful we get the chance to play. Tragically some of each have died in car accidents this year.

I too look forward to the game this Friday but more so I look forward to seeing two great teams play a good game with sportsmanship, and fair play. I hope that all involved in the game make it home with only hurt feelings and no real injuries. Yes I prefer to see my team when but I want to see both teams play well. Long after football seasons are past it is the friends and effort that is remembered!

Just a few thoughts for My Mighty Warriors....ye of little faith keep believing that our boys have no chance against Alcoa that is fine. While some of those non believers are sitting at home getting ready for basketball season our boys are still playing. I think it is just hilarious that some of those folks that have done nothing but dog The Might Warriors all season are all of a sudden their biggest fans Ha Ha Ha.....our boys know who has supported them all season and who really has faith that they can accomplish anything that they put their minds to! It has been stated that NO team is unbeatable and our boys know this and will work hard and play even harder come Friday night. We have a group of boys that have truly learned the meaning of playing as a Team, they know that it takes the entire team to win not just one or two players. They also have the heart and confidence in themselves that is needed to prove that they can compete with any team. So ye of little faith can continue to be no believers but I have a feeling when the WARRIORS prove you all wrong yet again on Friday we will see you also joining the MIGHTY PURPLE STORM band waggon. Shaking my head and laughing to myself I will welcome you in and will be glad to see you have finally seen the light!!!

Work hard this week WARRIORS and continue to prove all these non believers wrong!!!!!!

This will be a close game again this week and yet again MY MIGHTY WARRIORS WILL prove you all wrong again!!!

Good evening once again gentlemen. My boys from SP lost a tough one to another great team so now I must turn my attention to my second favorite team, Marion-Jasper. Anytime any team besides Maryville plays Alcoa, I always start out the post the same so here it goes again.

OUCH! From reading the article about the Boyd game, and seeing that Boyd outgained Marion-Jasper 450-150 in yards, I am kind of inclined to believe the stars were aligned just right last night. Goodluck to Marion-Jasper, but I will have to take Alcoa by 35 in this one. IF, Marion-Jasper can get 5 or 6 turnovers again like they did against Boyd, then they will have a chance, but if Alcoa brings their A game NO TEAM maybe with the exception of Maryville can beat them. I am sure all Marion-Jasper fans know all about them by now anyway. Maybe Alcoa will not take you seriously and you will have a shot. Goodluck guys, Your Ambassador will be rooting for you.

ambassador glad to see you can read. Think about this though that 450-150 in yards only added up to 6 points on the score board!!! That means we are going to the semi finals and it shows that our boys have accomplished what all but the Warrior faithful thought was impossible. Just keep that in mind when you are looking ahead to Fridays game.

Hit Em Hard Warriors and show them what our Valley boys are made of!