Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different kind of Animal? I thought they were a Tornadoe. It??™s great to read how the outside posters have so much fear for Alcoa! All those past Gold Balls really intimidate most everyone! Are those past Gold Balls relevant with 2008? Is everyone stating their opinion on what Alcoa has done this year? This Marion fan doesn??™t think so! What is relevant is Alcoa went 9 and 1 with 3 wins over teams with a winning record, and lost to Maryville by 6 pts. (and Yes they are Maryville!) As for the playoffs, Alcoa beat a Cumberland Gap team IMO that came from a weak region and had only 1 win over a team with a winning record. (Happy Valley) After that they beat CAK and Loudon again who were #3 and #2 in Alcoa??™s region. IMO, that??™s all you can measure this year??™s team on.

As for Marion, what have they done this year? They got drilled, by South Pittsburg the first game of the season, lost to Boyd by 1 (went for the win instead of a tie), and then won 8 straight games to go 8 and 2 with 3 wins over teams with a winning record. One of those 3 wins, (Tyner) came over a team they hadn??™t beat since 1995. As for the playoffs we beat a good York team, Region 4 2a champion Smith County, and region 3 2a champion Boyd.

If you look at what both teams have done this year it??™s pretty even. You can make posts stating that Marion got lucky against York, Tyner, Smith Co., and Boyd, but does everyone believe that? If you were a Marion fan at all these game you don??™t! I believe you make your luck. Offenses all year haven??™t just laid the ball on the ground or threw straight to a defender because they wanted to turn the ball over. If you look at each fumble Marion has recovered this year, there was a big hit or a big paw ripping it out, on all those interceptions if you were there you seen a QB in trouble throwing the ball and defenders breaking on the ball to intercept a pass. IMO Marion??™s win list is just as impressive as Alcoa??™s this year, so excuse me if I am confident in this Warrior team!

Marion this year has slain Dragons, tamed Lions, Tigers and Rams, Shot Owls, swated some insects, and won a couple of native battles. Don??™t be offended, but after considering all that, riding a Tornadoe doesn??™t sound all that intimidating. So don??™t be surprised when Marion comes in with a different swagger than all the other teams you faced. Marion will be coming to Win! You don??™t have to take my word on it, just look at who they have beat the last 11 weeks to get here. ??¦??¦??¦??¦. Marion Wins!

does the past matter, normally no it does not but when Alcoa is the hurdle every year for everybody the past does play into it. if you want to compare teams look no further than Boyd. Loudon and CAK both lost close games to Boyd and alcoa was 5 tds better than loudon in their games and 3 tds better than CAK in their two games.

Comparison's are worthless though. what matters is who shows up Friday night.

As far as Alcoa's confidence or believing they can win. Why wouldnt they? Until you beat them, they can talk all they want....they have backed it up thus far....

Well, we had a good thread going until MCRoadWarrior ran everyone off with his post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I realize Alcoa fans are undoubtedly top notch folks and coacht posters are justifiably proud of their team and its success. No matter how confident they are on getting to Murfreesboro, right now Marion stands in Alcoa's way. I really hope that Alcoa team has just a small measure of the overconfidence these posters have. That gold football ain't engraved with anyone's name just yet. Marion Wins.

Lower level in the dry, corner of the endzone. I think face is 50bucks, or there about. Might be interested in offers also.

Hey buddy If u dont care give me a email & I will email you about those tickets & once again Good luck to the Warriors. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OK.... as a favor to a WELL KNOWN member of our community and long-time part of our Warrior family.... here goes my second, and last post on this thread......

The Warriors are the decided underdog in this game. We may lose. We are not supposed to win this game and listening to many posters all year long, we weren't supposed to be here at all..... But the bottom line is..... come Friday, November 28, 2008 at 7:00 Eastern Time we will line up nose-to-nose with Alcoa for a chance to advance to the Championship game...... That's more than 54 other Class 2A teams in the State of Tennessee can say.... including Cannon County, Smith County, Westmoreland, CAK and Sequatchie County.... all of whom seem to have posters who want to do nothing but degrade the Warriors for having a great year and having an opportunity to win at least two more ballgames in the 2008 season......

As a personal note.... since most of the players know who I am..... I want you all to know that I am extremely proud of you and the way you represent your school and community...... Regardless of what all these haters say, I believe that you have it in you to win this game Friday night...... Listen to your coaching staff..... they have proven all season that they can put together a good game plan...... Don't get caught up in all the hype that fans from all over are heaving upon this game..... it's just another game..... work hard..... play your game..... and good things will continue to happen for this team...... Rest assured that when the final horn sounds, I'll be there to join in the celebration!!! I'm looking forward to this trip and hope everyone, on both teams, stays injury free......

GO WARRIORS!

This will be close when it starts and thats about it. Alcoa will roll but marion county has had a nice run. especially with first year head coach.

Attention all Warrior Fans! Friday at 12:30 meet on the square in Jasper to give the boys a proper send off. If your workin take a break. If you are shoppin give our boys a few minutes of your day. This is no longer "Black Friday" it is now officially "PURPLE FRIDAY"! Lets give them the support they deserve! Come on boys take it to Alcoa.

Attention all Warrior Fans! Friday at 12:30 meet on the square in Jasper to give the boys a proper send off. If your workin take a break. If you are shoppin give our boys a few minutes of your day. This is no longer "Black Friday" it is now officially "PURPLE FRIDAY"! Lets give them the support they deserve! Come on boys take it to Alcoa.

Thanks for the info, I was hoping someone would put together something like this for the boys..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the info, I was hoping someone would put together something like this for the boys..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's great the town closes down to send your team off . Hope ya'll are there when they get back to dry the tears up on the streets , lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll . Alcoa 42 Marion County 7