Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

I wasn't complaining to you in particular, heck last week the Times Free Press called us the Trojans or some thing like that.

Now I have to admitt, thats funny... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> LOL..............I gotta go to bed.........see you guys and Gals tomorrow. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> LOL..............I gotta go to bed.........see you guys and Gals tomorrow. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

We're having BOH for Thanksgiving lunch at work tomorrow...... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Don't tell Rebelsman.

Talk to the reporter...I didn't write the article.

they still gave us more information than anybody else has, except for saying that MC will pull the upset.

I'll give you some info on mc,if you will do the same on Alcoa. I have asked earlier and never got a response. MC runs the split back veer offense, with a little wingbone option and I thrown in. On Defense, the run a mix of 3-5 or 4-4. What do the tornadoes do? I know rankin used to run the option while at Riverdale. I am a realist also, lots of these fans are just blah blah blahing........ I know that Marion will have to force some turnovers and play better than we have played all year. I know this Alcoa team is the best team we have faced all year and it is going to take a great game to stay in it. All of that means nothing though, because I am a fan and will be there to support the Warriors in their quest for the upset, and to see what the Tornadoes are about.

Alcoa runs, alot. Some from I and some from single back. About equal as far as up the middle and to the outside. Where Alcoa differs from other teams is speed and elusivness. Toney and Foster make people miss, Tyson challenges people to hit him. Toney and Foster are shifty and fast and make huge plays. Tyson is a tank and rumbles for hard yards, usually many at a time. While James is no Cobb he can make things happen on his feet as well when he runs. We run the option some, but not a lot.

Passing we go to our main weapons in Sam Thompson and Tyler Robinson. Sam gets good YAC as does Tyler. Tyler is a huge target and a mismatch with linebackers. His play in the Maryville game was amazing and he was sick. Thompson is fast enough to get the job done and is intense. If our line blocks it becomes a long night for other teams.

On defense we mix it up constantly with blitz and coverage. We stuff the run and snuff out the pass. Sam Thompson is one of the better defenders I have watched. He has natural ability and heart. If it is up to him Alcoa will not loose. The Alcoa D is solid all around and has a good pass rush, but not like the year we had White, Sykes, Warren, and Avery. Now it is lesser known players who play assignment football, and Tyler Robinson who is becoming a better pash rusher every game. On defense the stats do not lie. Alcoa is as advertised.

And if for some reason it becomes a defensive war I am confident Alcoa pulls it off in that case. We are built to be a power running team, but we break big plays all the time. We do take deep shots. Marion will see all this on film but on film and in game are different. They have to experience what we mean by overall speed in person. Many don't and just blow it off until they experience it. We swarm early and often and let our backups get some time later on. I hope this is a good tune up for state for us.

It's great the way Alcoa doesn't give Marion County much of a chance. Alcoa, your time has come and gone. Marion County is back. Marion County was the king of the Chattanooga area in the 90's. That rise is upon us again. Marion County will put a beat down on Alcoa this Friday. There is definitely a storm coming, but it's not a tornado, it's a large purple haze. Marion County shocks the state and beats Alcoa 28-7. The defense is just way too stout and will shut down Alcoa.

Marion County Football Is Back!

Yea know I look at those two articles and have to wonder who coppied who...neither one got Chris Martin's name right..Cliff Martin...good lord...thanks for the love TFP, thanks for the love.