Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Man u need to wake up and smell the roses! The chance of marion beating ALCOA is like slim to NONE. If yal beat ALCOA i will drive to marion myself and shake everyone of the footballs players hands.

Slim and none, I like those odds. Of course, those words could describe your football chances of ever even reaching a team like Alcoa. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Marion wins!!!!! I believe because the team believes....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand that your butt is still sore but come on. Marion County's defense is much better than your giving them credit for....42 to 14...not..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ok how good is marions D? they gave up 27 points in 3 quarters to the lions so... in four quarters they will give up atleast 60 so marion has no chance what so ever

To my knowledge (which has been wrong more than right) there have been only two teams to put up legitimate touchdowns on Alcoa....Maryville and CAK. Marion have fun on the bus ride over and enjoy the atmosphere as well as the multiple firework shows that will be taking place!

Alcoa 46

Marion 2

We like fireworks! We enjoyed them earlier this year at Smith County. You did know that Marion County is the Fireworks capital? Don't worry we will be bringing our on Friday night! Warriors Win!

Go Warriors!

I don't mean to be harsh. Marion County has had a great year and their fans should be proud. But Alcoa is a different animal. MC was very fortunate to get past Boyd. Boyd was a very good 2A team, but not Alcoa. If Alcoa was not in the 2A mix, I think you could have some really good, competitive games with teams like Boyd, Gatlinburg Pittman, CAK, Marion Co., Loudon etc., etc. but the fact is that Alcoa is in 2A. There is not another 2A team in their league again this year (IMO) just like there has not been another 2A team in their league the last several years. Almost any thing can happen on any given Friday, except Marion County beating Alcoa this Friday. Not gonna happen.

Alcoa is a great atmosphere, nice folks, and good concessions. I know the MC players will give it their all. To the MC fans, my advice is be realistic in your expectations, enjoy making it this far, and be proud of your kids regardless.

Here's hoping safe trips and no injuries for all. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As for the score, it depends on whether Alcoa is focused or looking toward state. If they are focused: Alcoa 42 - 0. If they are not quite focused: Alcoa 34 - 7.

We will know the outcome as soon as both teams have had the ball. If Alcoa marches down field and scores, and Marion punts or turnsover without responding with a score and Alcoa goes up by 14 the rout is on. To stay with Alcoa you have to go score for score everytime. Get down by 14 or more and the game is sealed. Alcoas D does not allow scoring easily. CAK did well and did what they needed to in order to score. They drove and hit a long pass. After that the Alcoa D came closing in and the game was Alcoas. I expect the same again. Even if everything matched up size, speed and depth wise Alcoa has a pair of Aces in Nix and Rankin. Sadly for Marion County Alcoa has the speed, the depth I presume, and the coaching. Add tradition, hard work, and heart and you are going for 5. Alcoa works all year and every practice to get to this point and rankin will not allow them to overlook Marion. Alcoa will be prepared, refreshed, and firing on all cylinders. Just like last year.

DHP 2

glover 0

I can barely tolerate these confident /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Alcoa fans posting all this stuff; at least they've earned having a football thread still exist to post on. Way to swat these old sour grape losers who insist on buzzing in occasionally DHP. We all know they got a head start on BB in Region 4. They spent an entire week before playing us practicing the squeak, squeak sport. Looks like time well spent.

Now, you Alcoa folks. I've read every post, slogged through the White House schedule (exactly why I don't know), located a Painted Bridge local folks are proud of, and learned I get to see a free fireworks show during the game........maybe. All that time spent posting that stuff hasn't put one single crack in my resolve that.....Marion Wins.

You will believe... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maryville didn't beat us 28-7, and Marion is no Maryville. I cannot forsee us giving up 28 and only scoring 7.

Thats a good point but everyone knows every team is divergent.. Not saying that Marion is a Maryville but our coaches at Marion seem to do their home work every week exceedingly well... I could be wrong but is'nt Maryville a big rival of Alcoa's... Everyone knows you play sublime every play against the team you love to hate so no score would astonish me in that game...

Marion is'nt going to be intemidated this week like some may expect... The coaching staff will have the boys fired up an ready to execute the game plan... To be honest we Warrior fans are expecting a win just as you Tornado fans are...

Ps. Sch09, your race, as usual, was finished in the 1st round of the playoffs. I would like to think that had it been them Sequatchie boys going up to play Alcoa that a Marion fan would offer you support instead off hopping onto a loaded band wagon 140 miles away...

I see Fridays game surprising alot of folks..

Marion is'nt going to be intemidated this week like some may expect...

I see Fridays game surprising alot of folks..

The Marion County Warriors WILL be intimidated EVEN before the coin toss.

AND, the fans from Jaser WILL be surprised at how good this Alcoa team executes on both sides of the ball! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Get ready to see an F5!

I don't mean to be harsh. Marion County has had a great year and their fans should be proud. But Alcoa is a different animal. MC was very fortunate to get past Boyd. Boyd was a very good 2A team, but not Alcoa. If Alcoa was not in the 2A mix, I think you could have some really good, competitive games with teams like Boyd, Gatlinburg Pittman, CAK, Marion Co., Loudon etc., etc. but the fact is that Alcoa is in 2A. There is not another 2A team in their league again this year (IMO) just like there has not been another 2A team in their league the last several years. Almost any thing can happen on any given Friday, except Marion County beating Alcoa this Friday. Not gonna happen.

Alcoa is a great atmosphere, nice folks, and good concessions. I know the MC players will give it their all. To the MC fans, my advice is be realistic in your expectations, enjoy making it this far, and be proud of your kids regardless.

Here's hoping safe trips and no injuries for all. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As for the score, it depends on whether Alcoa is focused or looking toward state. If they are focused: Alcoa 42 - 0. If they are not quite focused: Alcoa 34 - 7.

Different kind of Animal? I thought they were a Tornadoe. It??™s great to read how the outside posters have so much fear for Alcoa! All those past Gold Balls really intimidate most everyone! Are those past Gold Balls relevant with 2008? Is everyone stating their opinion on what Alcoa has done this year? This Marion fan doesn??™t think so! What is relevant is Alcoa went 9 and 1 with 3 wins over teams with a winning record, and lost to Maryville by 6 pts. (and Yes they are Maryville!) As for the playoffs, Alcoa beat a Cumberland Gap team IMO that came from a weak region and had only 1 win over a team with a winning record. (Happy Valley) After that they beat CAK and Loudon again who were #3 and #2 in Alcoa??™s region. IMO, that??™s all you can measure this year??™s team on.

As for Marion, what have they done this year? They got drilled, by South Pittsburg the first game of the season, lost to Boyd by 1 (went for the win instead of a tie), and then won 8 straight games to go 8 and 2 with 3 wins over teams with a winning record. One of those 3 wins, (Tyner) came over a team they hadn??™t beat since 1995. As for the playoffs we beat a good York team, Region 4 2a champion Smith County, and region 3 2a champion Boyd.

If you look at what both teams have done this year it??™s pretty even. You can make posts stating that Marion got lucky against York, Tyner, Smith Co., and Boyd, but does everyone believe that? If you were a Marion fan at all these game you don??™t! I believe you make your luck. Offenses all year haven??™t just laid the ball on the ground or threw straight to a defender because they wanted to turn the ball over. If you look at each fumble Marion has recovered this year, there was a big hit or a big paw ripping it out, on all those interceptions if you were there you seen a QB in trouble throwing the ball and defenders breaking on the ball to intercept a pass. IMO Marion??™s win list is just as impressive as Alcoa??™s this year, so excuse me if I am confident in this Warrior team!

Marion this year has slain Dragons, tamed Lions, Tigers and Rams, Shot Owls, swated some insects, and won a couple of native battles. Don??™t be offended, but after considering all that, riding a Tornadoe doesn??™t sound all that intimidating. So don??™t be surprised when Marion comes in with a different swagger than all the other teams you faced. Marion will be coming to Win! You don??™t have to take my word on it, just look at who they have beat the last 11 weeks to get here. ??¦??¦??¦??¦. Marion Wins!

Different kind of Animal? I thought they were a Tornadoe. It??™s great to read how the outside posters have so much fear for Alcoa! All those past Gold Balls really intimidate most everyone! Are those past Gold Balls relevant with 2008? Is everyone stating their opinion on what Alcoa has done this year? This Marion fan doesn??™t think so! What is relevant is Alcoa went 9 and 1 with 3 wins over teams with a winning record, and lost to Maryville by 6 pts. (and Yes they are Maryville!) As for the playoffs, Alcoa beat a Cumberland Gap team IMO that came from a weak region and had only 1 win over a team with a winning record. (Happy Valley) After that they beat CAK and Loudon again who were #3 and #2 in Alcoa??™s region. IMO, that??™s all you can measure this year??™s team on.

As for Marion, what have they done this year? They got drilled, by South Pittsburg the first game of the season, lost to Boyd by 1 (went for the win instead of a tie), and then won 8 straight games to go 8 and 2 with 3 wins over teams with a winning record. One of those 3 wins, (Tyner) came over a team they hadn??™t beat since 1995. As for the playoffs we beat a good York team, Region 4 2a champion Smith County, and region 3 2a champion Boyd.

If you look at what both teams have done this year it??™s pretty even. You can make posts stating that Marion got lucky against York, Tyner, Smith Co., and Boyd, but does everyone believe that? If you were a Marion fan at all these game you don??™t! I believe you make your luck. Offenses all year haven??™t just laid the ball on the ground or threw straight to a defender because they wanted to turn the ball over. If you look at each fumble Marion has recovered this year, there was a big hit or a big paw ripping it out, on all those interceptions if you were there you seen a QB in trouble throwing the ball and defenders breaking on the ball to intercept a pass. IMO Marion??™s win list is just as impressive as Alcoa??™s this year, so excuse me if I am confident in this Warrior team!

Marion this year has slain Dragons, tamed Lions, Tigers and Rams, Shot Owls, swated some insects, and won a couple of native battles. Don??™t be offended, but after considering all that, riding a Tornadoe doesn??™t sound all that intimidating. So don??™t be surprised when Marion comes in with a different swagger than all the other teams you faced. Marion will be coming to Win! You don??™t have to take my word on it, just look at who they have beat the last 11 weeks to get here. ??¦??¦??¦??¦. Marion Wins!

Great post .... I agree Marion wins because gold balls cant line up an play the game... They only look Pretty on display...