BLACKMAN-ROSSVIEW-MBA

tnko

IF this is true, major violations were broken by Blackman. If Fuerbacker (Sp) did weigh in at 116 or 117 lbs., he would be eligible for 119 lb. weight class plus 1 which would be 125 lbs. Per the Nastional Federation Handbook, you are allowed to wrestle the weight class you qualified for and can go up only one weight class. In oder for this wreslter to bump to 130 lbs., he would have had to weigh more than 119 lbs., therefore qualifying for 125 lbs. plus one weight class above which would be 130 lbs.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

hoosierdad...go and crawl back under the bridge... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

no one broke any rules...our coaches are sticklers about this...just misprint on this thread

the refs were there too...2 of them...

our coaches know the rules and followed them...you always come out as soon as it even sniffs of one being broken and give us on coach T a good ole lecture...keep it to yourself

bundle up under the bridge...it's getting cold... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hoosierdad...go and crawl back under the bridge... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

no one broke any rules...our coaches are sticklers about this...just misprint on this thread

the refs were there too...2 of them...

our coaches know the rules and followed them...you always come out as soon as it even sniffs of one being broken and give us on coach T a good ole lecture...keep it to yourself

bundle up under the bridge...it's getting cold... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Pattonboysdad,

Why the anger? Were you beat as a child? Did somebody beat you up every day at school and take your milk money? Did the bullies pull wedges on you and stick them over your head? If you read my post, you would have seen that I said, "If this is true...". I was replying to a statement about somebody being 116 or 117 lbs. wrestling 130 lbs. If this stung, so be it. I was not lecturing you or anybody else, just stating what the rules are.

As for being under the bridge, was down there last week on the Chattahoochee River with Alan Jackson and somebody said they saw you. Said you did not look too good. Said you were walking like GrandPa on the Real McCoy's. Not sure what they meant.

Take a chill pill. it is too early in the season to be getting all riled up. Next time, read the post slowly and don't over react. "If this is true.............." Do you need a translation? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Pattonboysdad,

Why the anger? Were you beat as a child? Did somebody beat you up every day at school and take your milk money? Did the bullies pull wedges on you and stick them over your head? If you read my post, you would have seen that I said, "If this is true...". I was replying to a statement about somebody being 116 or 117 lbs. wrestling 130 lbs. If this stung, so be it. I was not lecturing you or anybody else, just stating what the rules are.

As for being under the bridge, was down there last week on the Chattahoochee River with Alan Jackson and somebody said they saw you. Said you did not look too good. Said you were walking like GrandPa on the Real McCoy's. Not sure what they meant.

Take a chill pill. it is too early in the season to be getting all riled up. Next time, read the post slowly and don't over react. "If this is true.............." Do you need a translation? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Pattonboysdad has no anger issues. He is a good man simply making a point against accusations and hints at accusations that have no merit. He is absolutely correct on several fronts.

1. THERE WAS NO INDESCRETION ON BLACKMAN'S PART.

2. The wrestler in question weighed in and was bumped within the TSSAA and NFHS rules and regulations.

3. There were 2 referees taking part in the weigh in and were additionally there during the match.

Pattonboysdad has no anger issues. He is a good man simply making a point against accusations and hints at accusations that have no merit. He is absolutely correct on several fronts.

2. The wrestler in question weighed in and was bumped within the TSSAA and NFHS rules and regulations.

3. There were 2 referees taking part in the weigh in and were additionally there during the match.

Ref,

Rule 4-4-1

Section 4

Art. 2

A contestant shall not wrestle more than one weight class above that class for which the actual weight at the time of weigh-in, qualifies the competitor.

What am I missing?

I guess I'll clear things up for all parties since it was my comment about two weight classes up on Feuerbacher.Eric wrestled last year at 112 .He was trying to get back to that wight but couldn't and cetified for 119. In wrestle-offs he was beaten by Morris for 119.He was allowed to wrestle off for 119 because he was within 2 pounds of being there before our team wrestle offs.Knowing he wouldn't be at 119 he didn't have to watch his weight so he was going to go 125.Weighing in for 125 allwed him to go up to 130. No rules broken and a great effort at a weight he had no intention of being at earlier in the season.

I guess I'll clear things up for all parties since it was my comment about two weight classes up on Feuerbacher.Eric wrestled last year at 112 .He was trying to get back to that wight but couldn't and cetified for 119. In wrestle-offs he was beaten by Morris for 119.He was allowed to wrestle off for 119 because he was within 2 pounds of being there before our team wrestle offs.Knowing he wouldn't be at 119 he didn't have to watch his weight so he was going to go 125.Weighing in for 125 allwed him to go up to 130. No rules broken and a great effort at a weight he had no intention of being at earlier in the season.

Going from 112# last season to 125/130 this year is a jump if the kids have not trained properly. David Taylor, the number one ranked 112# last season for St. Parris Graham has now moved up to 135# and many people felt that it would be too large of a jump for him. I guess that he proved them wrong when he won the Super 32!

BoroRef, thanks for clearing things up; however, there were no accusations nor hints of accusations from me. It was clearly stated in an earlier post that the wrestler weighed about 116 or 117 lbs. and wrestled 130 lbs. If this was true, it would have been a violation. Clearly, you would have to agree. I based my statement on a statement from somebody else. How is that making an accusation? I never accused anybody of anything, only stating if what was stated was true, a rule would have been broken. I never accused the Blackman staff of doing anything improper. I clearly stated, "if true". Apparently, the 116 or 117 lbs. was not true; however, it was clearly stated. As for merit, read my post and you will see that there was merit!!!! A statement was made as to the weight of a wrestler and that he wrestled too far up. Another post stated this. Here is your MERIT!

Shotfirst, it was not your post that stated this.

BoroRef, thanks for clearing things up; however, there were no accusations nor hints of accusations from me. It was clearly stated in an earlier post that the wrestler weighed about 116 or 117 lbs. and wrestled 130 lbs. If this was true, it would have been a violation. Clearly, you would have to agree. I based my statement on a statement from somebody else. How is that making an accusation? I never accused anybody of anything, only stating if what was stated was true, a rule would have been broken. I never accused the Blackman staff of doing anything improper. I clearly stated, "if true". Apparently, the 116 or 117 lbs. was not true; however, it was clearly stated. As for merit, read my post and you will see that there was merit!!!! A statement was made as to the weight of a wrestler and that he wrestled too far up. Another post stated this. Here is your MERIT!

Shotfirst, it was not your post that stated this.

Ok, I never get involved in these ###### for tat posts and I don't have a dog in the fight anymore, but I have to ask, bottom line. What did the wrestler weigh in at? If it was less than 119 lbs he would not be able to go 130 lbs. I think that was the point.