TACA - Toyota East vs West All-Star Classic

jlancaster

Email me when i get to work tomm Ill call you if u can leave me a number ok, most DVD files are VOB, but to edit and such you have to convert them to a WMA, I have a video editing program as well as a video converting one also, the MP4 file you spoke of is usually for portables like Ipods n such, may be format youtube needs i dunno but i can format it in about 10 different ways, if you like I can make you one of my own? up to you, i can go thru the film and pick out the best ones and at start of DVD make it flash up whatever info you want on him before the plays start ok. plus we can get the adhesive covers at office max to put on the discs I did Bradleys with his pic throwing and has his Bio w/ 2008 stats at bottom of the picture. ALL you have to do is front the bill on discs and the adhesive covers. bout $40 tops for both after tax. No charge for me, glad to help Taylor out. Would take me bout 2 days max to turn it around for you. But I can leave a version we make in WMA (windows media player) format so you can post it on youtube or whatnot.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email me when i get to work tomm Ill call you if u can leave me a number ok, most DVD files are VOB, but to edit and such you have to convert them to a WMA, I have a video editing program as well as a video converting one also, the MP4 file you spoke of is usually for portables like Ipods n such, may be format youtube needs i dunno but i can format it in about 10 different ways, if you like I can make you one of my own? up to you, i can go thru the film and pick out the best ones and at start of DVD make it flash up whatever info you want on him before the plays start ok. plus we can get the adhesive covers at office max to put on the discs I did Bradleys with his pic throwing and has his Bio w/ 2008 stats at bottom of the picture. ALL you have to do is front the bill on discs and the adhesive covers. bout $40 tops for both after tax. No charge for me, glad to help Taylor out. Would take me bout 2 days max to turn it around for you. But I can leave a version we make in WMA (windows media player) format so you can post it on youtube or whatnot.

Awesome! I'm at work all night doing paperwork. Call me when you get to work. 239-5999. I went to Micro$oft school and I used to work on 'puters but I have been totally out of touch for about 5 years due to a different career so I'm almost like a newbie at this point. Can't wait to learn! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as the selection of players, there were several players that made the decision to NOT play and there were MANY, MANY more that were not nominated or their individual school was not a memeber of TACA. The selection team actually called several coaches ON THE DAY of team selection to ask if their kids wanted to play and some wanted to play basketball, some said their college choice didn't want them to play. One year there were about 20 players that made the decision to NOT play in the game.

The Kids do get invited to play. They might have something on that day or week. I know some guys who got invited but are skipping the all star game due to basketball. So some of the "all-stars" could have been invited and cant go. Maybe they are playing in a different all-star game.

What some on here are forgetting is that they could only pick 90 or so to be on the team. Just because a player is good in your district or region doesn't make them an All State/All Star Player. Stats are padded all the time, for instance some of the QBs stay in games way after the outcome has been decided and add to their stats against inferior talent or a kid runs the ball in a particular system more than a better player/back in another system. You can argue all you want but the fact in the rosters are set and the kids are leaving soon to start practice for the game. Either support them or shut up because we have to remember these are kids and they all are playing their hearts outs because they love the game and some are going on to college because of that love and passion. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THE GAME AND I HOPE AND PRAY YOU ALL HAVE FUN AND COME BACK HOME INJURY FREE!!!

Also, don't forget that the ACT Test is scheduled for December 13th and some of the kids are taking the test. How many of the kids that you guys are throwing around (name wise) have qualified for college already? How many of them have all of the core courses and a passing grade on the ACT? Without those things in check no college cares about 1,000 yards rushing or passing if you can't get in school anyway.

Also, don't forget that the ACT Test is scheduled for December 13th and some of the kids are taking the test. How many of the kids that you guys are throwing around (name wise) have qualified for college already? How many of them have all of the core courses and a passing grade on the ACT? Without those things in check no college cares about 1,000 yards rushing or passing if you can't get in school anyway.

Doc your comments are right-on the money.This game that these young men love so much is all that it is about.But it's true so many have not taking care of the academics.Sad to say.The future's of these young men are clouded by that fact.

I agree Barb, I am not sure of Trevon Hall's stats but he sure has alot more stats and stiffer competion than the RB's secleted to this so called "All Star Classic". Taylor Fletcher has almost 1600 yards rushing and is the Player of the Year in the MCL conference. Hard to believe yes, one would think by looking at the list posted of the select few that these boys are not on the list. I know these two where not invited. Maybe the powers that be figure these boys already have an offer and thats the best they will be offered and the others selected have offers and can do better if exsposed to this game due to the scouts being there. One could also draw a conclusion that it is the same as always in NET its the good ole boys club that judge which boys make the exsposure and the boys that do not.

Trevon Hall has been added to the roster.

I did. Picked it up yesterday. I'm not happy with it though. I took the MLC website page and copied the pertinant parts into a word document. It's the equivalent to an introduction of who he is, what he has done, and where he can be found. No one can seem to tell me how to get it on DVD. Someone said it has to be converted to a JPEG in order to put it on the DVD. But I can't find anyone that knows how to do that. So it is blurry at best. I don't want to send a bio-sheet. Put it all on the disc and make it as simple as possible for the coach. Do you know how to get the highlights on YouTube? It can only be a maximum of 10 minutes or 1gig. What's the compression...MPEG4? Yes, I would love some help!

If you need help email me your cell number and I can tell you how. www.storkmontgomery.com The Stork

I dont understand why some players are not on this team. Earlier someone said your coach had to be a member of TACA. Is that the coaches organization?

What would happen if the coaches boycoted and did not join TACA? how would they have a game? Does this TACA do anything for the coches except put on this game? What in the heck does TACA stand for anyway?