Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

When a kid tranfers in from another school system and He/she does not live in the Alcoa city limits , then he/she has to wait a year for his/her eligibility. If they move into the Alcoa city limits , then they are elgible to play any sport. Its not hard to understand , unless your one of the people that automatically say we recruit players , just cause we beat your school 50-0. Havent we had this discussion for ummmm....say......5 years? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They must sit out a year only if they have established an athletic record at another high school.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. We should fire our recruiter. It is obvious he cannot pick up good sized players. It is amazing we have won so many with the average sizes he has brought in. Now if we fielded 6'1 230lb backers I would get behind him.

wellhe did recruit us a 6'3 249lb TE /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

wellhe did recruit us a 6'3 249lb TE /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Put that stirring stick away and don't poke the hornets nest. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Put that stirring stick away and don't poke the hornets nest. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

haha and theres that one guy........that FB, 5'10 240lb...... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You always come through. Tough break for Maryville, I was cheering for you all to win. I think the loss will fuel what they do next year. I hope they make a run to the Boro in 6A now. Just to show all the doubters they can play with the big boys. Good luck MHS, except when we play you all. Hopefully I will still be around for the game next year, even if I have moved off I will try to come in for that tradition.

I just want to be here for ya man! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I was glad to see Alcoa win it all, again too and never doubted they would. You never saw a post by me even questioning that Alcoa would win it all this year. As you know I saw no competition for Alcoa in East TN, in fact I said "It was a cake walk??? Nobody played Alcoa close, period. That is not Alcoa's fault and I do have some issues as you know. I have not seen a team anywhere in 2A that can play with Alcoa.

I have not even looked at next year for Alcoa or even the Rebels. I will be one of the first to tell you this and last years teams were not near as dominate as the teams of 99- 06 for Maryville. The future for Alcoa is bright and I think the Rebels will step it up if GQ and company stays pretty much intact. That is another thread.

Alcoa had another great year and deserve to be champions and no doubt the underclassmen have something to shoot for. They have made history and history does not record details, positive or negative and posters like me matter little in the grand scheme of things. We all have issues of some type.

All is good in Blount County Football.

I just want to be here for ya man! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I was glad to see Alcoa win it all, again too and never doubted they would. You never saw a post by me even questioning that Alcoa would win it all this year. As you know I saw no competition for Alcoa in East TN, in fact I said "It was a cake walk??? Nobody played Alcoa close, period. That is not Alcoa's fault and I do have some issues as you know. I have not seen a team anywhere in 2A that can play with Alcoa.

I have not even looked at next year for Alcoa or even the Rebels. I will be one of the first to tell you this and last years teams were not near as dominate as the teams of 99- 06 for Maryville. The future for Alcoa is bright and I think the Rebels will step it up if GQ and company stays pretty much intact. That is another thread.

Alcoa had another great year and deserve to be champions and no doubt the underclassmen have something to shoot for. They have made history and history does not record details, positive or negative and posters like me matter little in the grand scheme of things. We all have issues of some type.

Great post. 2A is weak in comparison and I think the only thing left to interpretation is what close is. As far as we never had a game come down to a final drive no one was close, and that is hard to do in football. I hope GQ and Co. stay intact. I'd hate to see them split, but I feel eventually all coordinators in such great programs will become head coaches. I feel that it may be in Coach Nixs future as well, but I hope we can enjoy him a while longer.

Have a blessed and safe holiday season my man...till next season -then it's on like popcorn /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> lol

i finally got to see alcoa in person and i seriously hope noone really thinks that they recruit maryville i seen on tv my opinion these two teams are dominate no doubt but its not just cause they have athletes and they do but so does alot of other schools my point is coaching is the difference that i seen alcoa was so well coached it would be hard to beat them if they had no athletes thats what makes them dominate instead of just being good congrats on ur 5th strait alcoa keep it up and dont listen to the posts accusing u of that u all are a class act from what i witnessed friday night hope to see u the first friday in dec next yr

Thanks for all the positive posts from Milan fans. You guys are class acts yourself, both fans and players. I can tell that the discipline and respect Rankin has brought shows through, and I am proud of that. I would hope that when we eventually lose to a school of our size we handle it with the class and grace of the Rebels. All streaks must eventually end. I just think Alcoa has a legit shot at 6 and 7.

Milan is the only team I have seen get down to Alcoa 21-0 and not just roll over and take it. They stayed strong and that is the sign of a good coach. Many teams let 21-0 snowball to 42-0 and beyond.

I'd like to drop my 2 cents in on the "recruiting" remarks. I think "recruiting" is the wrong word. Here are just a few of my opinions/facts that will prove my point.

There are certain programs throughout the state, that are known as good SOLID programs. Examples: Maryville, Alcoa, Milan, Huntingdon, and many many more. Because these programs are known, there is an attraction for students who are good at sports to desire to play at these school. Prime example would be Milan's QB Justin Coleman.

At the end of his sophomore year, he transferred to Milan from Dresden. Reason? (my opinion) because Milan held more options for him. He's a great player. But if he had stayed at Dresden, who finished 0-10 this year, he would not have had the opportunity to possibly be seen by any college scouts. Most of the time while scouts may travel to some high school regular season games, they really focus and watch play-off times. So for a good athlete to be seen, they need to make it to these key games. Justin's father lives in Milan, so why not live with him, and open up a larger door of possibilities?? But Milan didn't "recruit" him. It was just a sensible answer for an athlete.

Milan happens to be in a closed district now. Meaning you have to live in the district to attend school there. Back in the '90's when Coach Tucker was at Milan, people told us we recruited all the time. Not true....the kids, who back then had a choice what school in Gibson Co. they wanted to attend, who were football players wanted to play for Tucker. So they came to Milan.

I'll look at Alcoa now. I think it's the same thing Milan went through in the '90's. Kids in Blount Co. and the area of Alcoa, who play football want to play for Rankin. Fortunately, they have two GREAT options, Maryville and Alcoa. I mean why wouldn't they? These are two of the top teams in the state. They get recognition year in and year out across the state, and even nationally. It just makes sense to transfer to these schools if you're an athlete. It's not recruiting, it's just logic and preparing yourself for the future.

I've said before, and I'll say again. I think the state should have one rule. Either all zones open, or closed. Because it does give open zoned school a slight advantage over closed zone schools. The statement I believe I used before was, Open zones get all the great athletes, Closed zones take the average athletes that get off the bus and make them great. That's why as far as coaching abilities are concerned, Closed zone coaches that have great seasons year after year deserve a little more credit.

All this is said in my opinion. Anyway...is it August yet??? LoL

Milan is the only team I have seen get down to Alcoa 21-0 and not just roll over and take it. They stayed strong and that is the sign of a good coach. Many teams let 21-0 snowball to 42-0 and beyond.

You know the saying, you can take the dog out of the fight, but not the fight out of the dog??

That's why we're the BULLDOGS!!!!!