Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

BCS states his opinion and insults West TN football and everyone gets all uptight. Relax a little. He is just under the impression that West TN has struggled in 2A the last few years, I am sure if you all correct him he will come around. Just show him the West TN dominance that is in the 5 classes and he will take back what he said. Let us know where the East has been weak in the championships and he will recant his statements. Actually, upon further review I agree with his assessment of the West. Then again Milan is the best of the west and they will be meeting the beasts from the east in what I expect to be a battle.

Fact is, West TN has been on a tough road in 2A and it will be tough for them on Friday as well. I for one am ecstatic that Milan beat the perennial runners up in Goodpasture. This increases my excitement to make the trip and see what I expect will be a tough game. Alcoa needs to heal up and I am sure they will plan for Milan and bring it. I predict that Alcoa will win this one by 14 or 21. It will be up in the air for most of the game but depth and Rankin will pull them ahead. Sam Thompson will play like a man possessed and his play along with Robinson and the line will decide the outcome. Alcoa faced a tough CAK team and won, they overcame a turnover bug in that game. Then they played poorly for 2 quarters on offense against Loudon. Faced a tough Marion team and pulled away when it mattered but they never trailed. Alcoa whipped up on White House who came one game from state and played Maryville tough as well and they are also going for 5. Alcoa is tested and ready. If Alcoa fires on all cylinders and Milan allows Alcoa to get in their head then it gets real ugly. I don't see that happening. I see a tough game on both sides with Alcoa winning their fifth consecutive.

QUOTE (MilanBulldog94 @ Nov 30 2008 - 07:52 PM)

Does anyone know if Rankin still recruits players from out of the school district or school zone to play for his team like he did when he was a Riverdale in the Boro?

Yes, Rankin travels statewide picking up players and begging them to come play for him. The hard work by the kids, the tradition, the discipline he has instilled, the desire to win, the superior coaching, the pride of accomplishment, the YOUTH PROGRAMS, none of this makes Alcoa champions, only the "recruiting".

In case you are to dense to understand the sarcasm I gratuitously used in my previous post let me clarify something. Alcoa has home grown talent. No need to recruit, it grows in Blount County, that is why Maryville is good as well. But congrats on using the R word, that almost makes this Alcoa thread complete. No Alcoa or Maryville thread is complete without the use of the R word, open zones, and of course posts by FBE.

Lets see:

Recruiting- check

FBE- check

Open Zones-

I don't agree with your whole post, but CHECK!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with your whole post, but CHECK!

You always come through. Tough break for Maryville, I was cheering for you all to win. I think the loss will fuel what they do next year. I hope they make a run to the Boro in 6A now. Just to show all the doubters they can play with the big boys. Good luck MHS, except when we play you all. Hopefully I will still be around for the game next year, even if I have moved off I will try to come in for that tradition.

I have to say something about Alcoa's tuition students:

Those students are held to a very high standard. If they mess up (grade-wise or discipline-wise), they're out. It doesn't matter who they are. Case in point: We lost one of our starters this year and last year due to that.

And, there are very few tuition students on the football team. Most of those boys are "home-grown"! So, even without the tuition students, our football team would be very, very good.

I find it very hard to believe that any school would turn down a student willing to pay to go to that school. I've lived in school systems in 3 different states, and each of those took tuition students. So, there really isn't any debate.

Guess we all could chip in and buy all the dvds of this years games and go to APB's house and watch them till football starts back next year , lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllll .

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No we recruit nation wide.....

We actually signed a kicker from Brazil last week.

That would make it world wide, huh?

Thanks to "Lucky" Hackett for that recruit.

thats pretty funny apb after seeing yall in person i wouldnt think its recruiting yall are just so disaplined i mean there is alot of tallent there but if it wasnt for that coaching u wouldnt be as good i saw alot of class and respect from rankin and his players u cant recruit that period

Yes , someone tranfering into the school system that does not live within the city limits has to wait for a year to recieve their eligibility to play from TSSAA. As for the private school student , they still have to be cleared by TSSAA, but it may take a shorter amount of time , im not sure about that one. You can find the rules for eligibility on tssaa.org

Thanks appreciate the info. Keep seing this mentioned all over the place and never was quite clear on it.

Once again thanks.

Thoughts on the game..

Alcoa watched lots of film on Milan. Milan never could get their offense untracked. The front four for Alcoa were awesome. Definitely controlled the line of scrimmage.

Morris didn't put in any plays that Alcoa had never seen on film. Kinda thought he might have a trick play or two to get a little "mo" going but I never saw it. The onsides kick with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd was uncalled for I thought. Down 21-7 and Alcoa had one score on special teams play put some doubt in my mind to call that or not. Guess he had to try something. Milan D played well enough to win the game but Alcoa was better at that.

I coulda told Coach Morris that Alcoa would use the throw back pass. That's a play used by Maryville and Alcoa for years.

Early field position by Alcoa. Getting the ball at mid-field after the onsides kick in the 2nd half was big too. Alcoa takes it down and scores.

Milan fought back. Never quit. I saw some awesome hits and heard them too. The hit by Gilbert on Toney I believe on the goaline was somethng to see. Gilbert getting flattened on the punt return and him coming back into the game later was all man.

Lastly, I like to know who some of the Bulldog fans were. I saw one Milan man who had a shaved head with a 6" purple spike. Wow... Another Milan man with a purple bath robe and purple top hat. Never seen them at Johnnie Hale Stadium before... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Congratulations to Alcoa.. That record may never be broken and maybe you can add another title for 6 in a row. Hats off to Milan too. Great year.

The guy with the 6 inch purple spike has been to every game. His son is a starter. I won't mention his name because I'm not sure if he would want me to. Did you like the hair? My wife did that for him before the game. Anyone else like her to do their hair. lol. She really is good.

Sam would like to continue football I believe. Maybe if Vandy offers him he can walk on. His grades and intelligence can get him anywhere, it is just a matter of if he plays football or not.

Sam Thompson has offers from Army, Wofford, UTC, UT Martin, Harvard and Columbia(because they dont give athletic scholarships I believe the last two offers are offers to sign a letter of intent).

Chase James has tons of interest from MTSU, Marshall and some other D-1 schools. the only holdup is waiting to see how his grades shape up.

Adrian Womac- Tennessee Tech and Columbia both would like to have adrian although I am almost positive he is just going to go to school next year and not play anything. Hes a great player, even better student and even better young man. Which that can best said about a number of alcoas seniors this year. Good luck with whatever you decide guys.

Sam Thompson has offers from Army, Wofford, UTC, UT Martin, Harvard and Columbia(because they dont give athletic scholarships I believe the last two offers are offers to sign a letter of intent).

Chase James has tons of interest from MTSU, Marshall and some other D-1 schools. the only holdup is waiting to see how his grades shape up.

Adrian Womac- Tennessee Tech and Columbia both would like to have adrian although I am almost positive he is just going to go to school next year and not play anything. Hes a great player, even better student and even better young man. Which that can best said about a number of alcoas seniors this year. Good luck with whatever you decide guys.

In my opinion Adrian is probably the most underrated player on Alcoa's team. You don't see him out of position much and he locks down his side of the line. I also think he's a little more consistent than T-Rob is. I could see him playing at the next level.