Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

So according to Alcoa fans, Milan shouldn't even be in this game. JCS was gonna kill us....Goodpasture was gonna kill us....NEITHER happened.

Yes Alcoa is fast, yes they are big, yes they are good....but so is Milan. You call our schedule a "cream puff" season....yet(excluding Maryville), Alcoa beat every other team that they played. So how can you sit there and say Milan didn't play anyone...apparently neither did Alcoa because they beat every other team they played. No one will know until Friday night just how good Alcoa and Milan are AGAINST each other.

China got it wrong this year. Cause this is THE YEAR OF THE DAWGS!!

I won't predict a score. But I will predict that whoever scores first will win!!

Just remember in '98, everyone picked Milan as the underdogs. They won the 2A championship. In '99...they moved to 3A and won the championship.....

It's 2008...2A

Next year....2009...3A

it's DUE TIME!

Milan schedule IS weak!

How many 3A, 4A, & 5A teams did Milan play................ZERO! How many teams outside of weak west Tn teams did you play?.............ZERO.

Yes. Milan will be the underdogs, because most people who know anything about football can look at what Milan has done and who they have played and KNOW that Alcoa will win.

LOL! Is 1999 all you guys got?! HOW ABOUT 4 straight! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Hmmm......2000,2004,2005,2006,2007..those where ALL good year!! And 2008 will be even BETTER!

This is the year the bulldog gets carried away by an F5 tornado in Murfreesboro, Tennessee! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know if we look Gold Balls in either teams collections Alcoa wins with 8, Milan with 4.

We all know Alcoa is obviously one of the best teams in the state, cause they are more than able to play with 4A's Poster team Maryville.

Alcoa probably does have more athletes, but I can promise you Milan will have their fair share of Athletes as well. I look for Coach Morris and Co., and crew of bUlldogs to have all of his players more than ready for this game. Alcoa has been to state 4 times this decade, Milan hasn't been once so I bet they're pretty hungry.

I expect this game to be similar to Alcoa's 2005 matchup when they met the Huntingdon Mustangs. Although Alcoa won by two TD's this was the closest score against Alcoa in a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. The Goodpasture Cougars had three chance and failed everytime.

Now I think Milan will give Alcoa all they want by the end of the game, but I know Alcoa is gonna give Milan all they want and more. Predictions in this thread is useless, Alcoa wins, BUT Milan will leave the Boro gaining A LOT of respect from Alcoa's TEAM In my opinion.

Last Thing Alcoa's may be "TOO HYPE," but Bulldogs are mean so I bet Alcoa's Tornadoes get BIT HARD!! GO DAWGS!!! BRING THAT BALL BACK WEST BABY!!!!

WRONG.........Alcoa has 9 state championships AND 5 state championships this decade.......that's FIVE more than Milan! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Man, this ain't 1999 OR 2004 Milan ain't the team they where in 1999 AND Alcoa ain't the team they where in 2004. This years Alcoa defense is the most fundamentally sound defense Alcoa has had in years. NO ONE this year has scored over 20 points on this defense, And I'll wager $$$ that Milan WILL NOT score more than Maryville against this defense.

Milan has not played any real strong teams this year. The closest average team you guys played was Westview, and they about beat you. 17-14......BIG WIN. IMO CAK and Marion County would beat Milan this year. West TN is weak and Goodpasture is in a rebuilding year, or you guys would be sitting at home.

Alcoa travels outside their region and plays up. We went to White House and domainated them. It would have been 28-0 if WH had not kicked a field goal with a few seconds left on the clock in the 4th qtr. That WH team would also beat Milan.

You Milan fans are all cocky because Alcoa had a "close" game with Marion County. Yea, OK, we still won 30-14 and walked away from the ball on their 1 yrd line. Again a Marion County team that would probably kick Milan's west tn rear. We STILL scored more than you did against GP!

West TN gets dominated in the play-offs and at the championships ever year and this year will not be any different. JB will get killed by Trousdale, Knox Catholic will beat Mitchell, and Milan will get beat by Alcoa. East TN teams Maryville, Knoxville Catholic, and Alcoa will bring back GOLD! That's because you play weak surrounding teams. You go 14-0 and you THINK your good?? 17-14 over Westview??? Come on...give me a break! Weak, weak, weak. Again, Alcoa travels outside it's area and plays up! The teams that Alcoa has played this year that I guarantee would beat Milan......Maryville, Marion County, White House, and CAK.

You guys would be 10-4...NOT 14-0.

Keep thinking you guys can win just because your 14-0. But, when you line up with a team that has played real tough teams it will show.

Plus, you guys just think you know what defense is..........You let BTW score 18 points /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The same BTW that never made in past middle field even on our 3rd team defense! Milan allowed 12 of those points in a play-off game! I though teams got better as the season goes...not worse. Even the Westview game.......you win the regular season game scoring 45 points, but the play-off game only 17 points? Sounds like Milan peaked too early AND/OR teams have figured out your offense. If other teams have, I'll guarantee Alcoa will know how to shut it down. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GP was one dimensional with really only one threat............Alcoa will have threats all over the field. You let Jackson Christian score 28 points in the play-offs??????? If they can score 28, Alcoa can too. BUT, Milan CAN NOT and WILL NOT score more than 14 points on Alcoa Defense. After looking at Milan's schedule and who they "have NOT played".......I'm not impressed with the 14-0 record at all!

Go ahead and make that 5 straight Gold balls for Alcoa and Maryville!

Sounds like you ate your Wheeties this morning. Calm down old man. You have no say so in this game. Your one of those people who really does think your opinion matters. Now go ahead and head off to church and grab your paper and think what you say on here will affect the game.

Alot of things to react to on this comment, and the BookerT comment? Are you being serious? You think since Milan allowed/let them score a couple times to be respectful has anything to do with the outcome of this championship game is retarded. Alcoa had to play a Louden team in the third round as well, they are terrible. NICE WIN. and way to run the score up on Cumberland Gap. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I can't react to all the ranting that just occured....Maybe you feel better about yourself now that you got that out. But IFFFF Milan pulls it off and beats you 19-14(Because no one can score 20 on you)......you will probably throw up in your mouth....

Man, this ain't 1999 OR 2004 Milan ain't the team they where in 1999 AND Alcoa ain't the team they where in 2004. This years Alcoa defense is the most fundamentally sound defense Alcoa has had in years. NO ONE this year has scored over 20 points on this defense, And I'll wager $$$ that Milan WILL NOT score more than Maryville against this defense.

Milan has not played any real strong teams this year. The closest average team you guys played was Westview, and they about beat you. 17-14......BIG WIN. IMO CAK and Marion County would beat Milan this year. West TN is weak and Goodpasture is in a rebuilding year, or you guys would be sitting at home.

Alcoa travels outside their region and plays up. We went to White House and domainated them. It would have been 28-0 if WH had not kicked a field goal with a few seconds left on the clock in the 4th qtr. That WH team would also beat Milan.

You Milan fans are all cocky because Alcoa had a "close" game with Marion County. Yea, OK, we still won 30-14 and walked away from the ball on their 1 yrd line. Again a Marion County team that would probably kick Milan's west tn rear. We STILL scored more than you did against GP!

West TN gets dominated in the play-offs and at the championships ever year and this year will not be any different. JB will get killed by Trousdale, Knox Catholic will beat Mitchell, and Milan will get beat by Alcoa. East TN teams Maryville, Knoxville Catholic, and Alcoa will bring back GOLD! That's because you play weak surrounding teams. You go 14-0 and you THINK your good?? 17-14 over Westview??? Come on...give me a break! Weak, weak, weak. Again, Alcoa travels outside it's area and plays up! The teams that Alcoa has played this year that I guarantee would beat Milan......Maryville, Marion County, White House, and CAK.

Keep thinking you guys can win just because your 14-0. But, when you line up with a team that has played real tough teams it will show.

Plus, you guys just think you know what defense is..........You let BTW score 18 points /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The same BTW that never made in past middle field even on our 3rd team defense! Milan allowed 12 of those points in a play-off game! I though teams got better as the season goes...not worse. Even the Westview game.......you win the regular season game scoring 45 points, but the play-off game only 17 points? Sounds like Milan peaked too early AND/OR teams have figured out your offense. If other teams have, I'll guarantee Alcoa will know how to shut it down. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GP was one dimensional with really only one threat............Alcoa will have threats all over the field. You let Jackson Christian score 28 points in the play-offs??????? If they can score 28, Alcoa can too. BUT, Milan CAN NOT and WILL NOT score more than 14 points on Alcoa Defense. After looking at Milan's schedule and who they "have NOT played".......I'm not impressed with the 14-0 record at all!

You know I was gonna respond to you...but your CLASSLESS and TASTELESS remarks are not even worth my time.

You just keep sitting there thinking you've got an easy win coming to you. You keep thinking that.

Milan might run into an F1 or F2...but F5....please....

You have real nerve calling anybody that is a fan of any team cocky. You are the very definition of cocky. Our non region is usually very tough. We only get 3 non region games a year. We played Huntingdon and Camden for 2 of them. Camden is a good team, and Huntingdon was down a bit but that is our biggest rival. We aren't giving that game up. We played one team that we knew would be down, the was BTW. So did you guys. Everyone plays at least one bad team. You guys played some good teams, but you also played some really bad ones too. Six of the teams that you guys played had a losing record. Four of those teams won 2 or fewer games. Does that mean that you guys aren't that good this year? I doubt it. Of course you guys are good. You haven't seen us, but you will.

Ok so they both beat the crap out of B T washington.....so?

Ya , they gave up a combined 18 points to BOOKER T WASHINGTON! thats my point

Yeah Cobb tore it up. WOW

Dont disrespect the Mann, Just wait , if you dont think he did phenomenal as a freshman , and never got to see him play while he was at alcoa last year then you have been deprived

Saban was not at Johnnie Hale. He may have had someone else there watching Cunningham but he wasn't there himself. The crowd can see everyone on the sideline and I can see everyone in the press box from where I sit. Saban was worried about Alabama's game the next day. As for Cunningham, ask J.W. Williams if he is a physical back. He'll tell you yes. Our defense just did a great job gang tackling. If it's one on one, Cunningham wins. He will be a good player in college. Probably not a running back, but a saftey or return man. I'm glad we won't have to play him anymore.

Who is Alcoa's main back?

And how many players does Alcoa dress out?

We have 6 backs that we alternate , but the main 2 would be Darryl Warren ( #1) and Taharin Tyson ( #2) and thats there jersey numbers , not in order

we dress out about 70 i would say

Sounds like you ate your Wheeties this morning. Calm down old man. You have no say so in this game. Your one of those people who really does think your opinion matters. Now go ahead and head off to church and grab your paper and think what you say on here will affect the game.

Alot of things to react to on this comment, and the BookerT comment? Are you being serious? You think since Milan allowed/let them score a couple times to be respectful has anything to do with the outcome of this championship game is retarded. Alcoa had to play a Louden team in the third round as well, they are terrible. NICE WIN. and way to run the score up on Cumberland Gap. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I can't react to all the ranting that just occured....Maybe you feel better about yourself now that you got that out. But IFFFF Milan pulls it off and beats you 19-14(Because no one can score 20 on you)......you will probably throw up in your mouth....

You give this BCsportsfan too much credit. I think he is in high school. His parents probably don't even realize that he is getting on the internet.

Now our schedule might not have been the toughest in the state, but it usually is right up there. The region was not as good as usual all the down the line this year, but we did play 2 top 5 teams. They were pretty good, and when a high school team throws 45 times a game like USJ, it is hard to defend. Especially with some of the DB's out.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> This is funny! Milan's weak west TN schedule was FAR from "the toughest in the state"

Two top 5 teams /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ..........you been smoking the west tn week football rope!

Ya , they gave up a combined 18 points to BOOKER T WASHINGTON! thats my point

Dont disrespect the Mann, Just wait , if you dont think he did phenomenal as a freshman , and never got to see him play while he was at alcoa last year then you have been deprived

We have 6 backs that we alternate , but the main 2 would be Darryl Warren ( #1) and Taharin Tyson ( #2) and thats there jersey numbers , not in order

we dress out about 70 i would say

I wasn't dissing him. I think you were the one that set him up for it though. I could be wrong, but someone made it a point to say how well he was going to do at the UT game. It didn't happen, but you guys sure thought it would. Goes to show you that you can think it all you want, that doesn't mean it will happen. I can't wait for Friday.

This is funny! Milan's weak west TN schedule was FAR from "the toughest in the state"

Two top 5 teams /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ..........you been smoking the west tn week football rope!

Milan played Camden and USJ at the time they were both ranked in the top 10 in the state.

"Week" football rope??? I've never heard that term. Could you elaborate for me? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />