4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

Hillsboro will suprise you with your team Henry Co. didn't believe it when i said it but their skilled position players are almost always faster then the other teams. I will say that Maryville will probally have the bigger line. This game will be great Hillsboro knows what their getting into. Some of these players exp the loss to Maryville a few years back.

I will also like to say thank you to Henry Co. fans..most of the time on here when your team loses(like Boski) they get on here and talk down on the team that just beat them but not HC their rootin for us. I repect yall alot. Yall brought ALOT of fans to Hillsboro lol! some of the best fan support i've seen in high school footbhall in a long time.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don?€™t want to say we have fighting words yet my friend, but I am sure we will get there!

First of all congratulations to your Burros for getting back to the 4A state Championship game. Many thought, me included that Henry County would be the West Tennessee rep. I am happy my Rebels have earned their way back to face Hillsboro.

The rings for championships on the coaches fingers I don?€™t think is a factor but in the respect of your thought when big game experience means something, I agree it is a factor there. But you might note Coach Quarles has one for being a player in 1987 Class AAA Team Champion while at Jefferson County and one for the 1988 Division 1-AA College National Champion where he was among the starting wide receivers for the Furman Paladins. Then you got the 98 O coordinator one under Coach Hammondtree. And last but not least the 7 more as the head coach for Maryville. That means he only needs to win next weeks game to close out the finger room then start on the toes next! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know Coach Blade is an outstanding Coach and Man, but the head coach having wits means nothing if his players don?€™t execute his plays or schemes. That is a main stay of the Maryville Football Program. Sound fundamentals, sharp practiced execution, a belief in the team concept and big game experience is what has helped keep Maryville near the top of Tennessee Football.

I understand. It has taken Blade almost 3 years to get the HHS talent to buy into his way of doing things. The 2006 team didn't trust their coaches very much at all and got to Murfreesboro more or less on their talent alone.

Now, I think HHS is finally ready to take the HHS talent and the Blade way of doing things and combine them for a State Championship win over Maryville. I know the attitude is "believe it when I see it", as it should be given the history of Maryville-Hillsboro, but I really think this year's outcome might just be different.

I look for the toughest game Maryville will play this year. Hillsboro is always fast and physical. I heard they have a very good Running Back,Great Receivers and a Great Quarterback. I hear that Hillsboro has a very good defense.

Maryville has their best defense since the 2005 team. Maryville has plenty of speed on defense.

Maryville has a very diversified offense. Maryville can run or pass.

I look for this to be a very tough game. Hillsboro is a great team. But! I have to go with Maryville in a close one 24-21. You can't bet against George Quarles and his staff.

Could not agree more that the best defense Maryville has had during the GQ era was the 2005 team in my opinion.

Thinking back on it those LB's, Kimsey, "Cowboy" L, Hall and Caylor were beasts! Even more stunning was two kids named Lawhon and Valentine were hurt most of the year, and Lawhon I thought to be one of the best LB's ever at Maryville. Up front DE's "Sack Master' Dwight Wood, Jon Killebrew were solid lock down ends. DT Tucker, Smith & Jackson were always tough in the middle. The secondary of many rotating young men like, Fulton, Brinkman, Tallent, Clement a young Maples & Shiver, Tate. I know I left out several players who two-platooned but I thought that team had the best D under GQ and Jimmy Gaylor.

Defense wins championships. During the regular season in every sport, the high powered offense always seems to be the best possible equation for success. It gets the most press and the players get all the pictures. However once you get to the playoffs it's a whole new ball game.

So much for yesteryear, we are six days away from another opportuinity to make histroy.

This years D is a very good one and I am happy they are peaking at just the right time. J Gaylor has done it again!

Hillsboro will have too much speed to contain. Maryville will put up a great fight and itll be a good game.. but i think Hillsboro will win by big plays. 35-28 HHS

I repeat...Maryville will not have a clue how to deal with Hillsboro's speed. Hillsboro will run away with this one just like 2001,2002, & 2006....oh wait, Maryville won those games. I expect it will be a very good game and I have a great deal of respect for the Hillsboro program but give the Rebels a little credit...I think they have earned it.

HHS will not score 35! If you believe that you have no clue about Maryville's defense. They have allowed an average of 8 pts per game....mostly scored late in the game. I can only think of 1 big play all season and that was by Cleveland.

I repeat...Maryville will not have a clue how to deal with Hillsboro's speed. Hillsboro will run away with this one just like 2001,2002, & 2006....oh wait, Maryville won those games. I expect it will be a very good game and I have a great deal of respect for the Hillsboro program but give the Rebels a little credit...I think they have earned it.

HHS will not score 35! If you believe that you have no clue about Maryville's defense. They have allowed an average of 8 pts per game....mostly scored late in the game. I can only think of 1 big play all season and that was by Cleveland.

I don't think either team runs away with this one. HHS more than has the ability to put up 35 points in this game. Henry Co. only gave up 9 pts/game, and if not for the interceptions and botched fg snap by HHS, it could have been worse than the 31 they did give up, and they are a very talented team. The burros are that explosive on offense and mix things up well. Eric Gordon is a difference maker, and will be the best player on the field. On the flip side, H.C. was averaging 44pts/game. Their offense scored 17 points. Not much is being said about the burros' defense, which completely shut down the LSU commit Allen. I saw nothing special about him other than his size, as he was slow through the line,did not break tackles, and was swarmed by the defense all night. I believe as a team, they ended up with only 45yds on 23 carries. The burros' team speed was the difference, and will be a factor Saturday.

Maryville has an edge in that they've been there done that, and are as fundamentally sound as any team I've seen. The burros have the edge in team speed and in my opinion, overall talent. If Maryville can shut down Gordon/Crutcher and limit yards after the catch by the talented burro recieving corps, they win. If the burros play mistake free assignment football, they win. Good luck to both teams, should be a great game.

Well, if Maryville won in 2001,2002, & 2006 Then they will win this one as well, I can't believe someone would question you.

Just curious, How many kids are still on the Maryville team from 01 & 02?

I don't think either team runs away with this one. HHS more than has the ability to put up 35 points in this game. Henry Co. only gave up 9 pts/game, and if not for the interceptions and botched fg snap by HHS, it could have been worse than the 31 they did give up, and they are a very talented team. The burros are that explosive on offense and mix things up well. Eric Gordon is a difference maker, and will be the best player on the field. On the flip side, H.C. was averaging 44pts/game. Their offense scored 17 points. Not much is being said about the burros' defense, which completely shut down the LSU commit Allen. I saw nothing special about him other than his size, as he was slow through the line,did not break tackles, and was swarmed by the defense all night. I believe as a team, they ended up with only 45yds on 23 carries. The burros' team speed was the difference, and will be a factor Saturday.

Maryville has an edge in that they've been there done that, and are as fundamentally sound as any team I've seen. The burros have the edge in team speed and in my opinion, overall talent. If Maryville can shut down Gordon/Crutcher and limit yards after the catch by the talented burro recieving corps, they win. If the burros play mistake free assignment football, they win. Good luck to both teams, should be a great game.

No question that HHS always has more overall talent than Maryville, but Maryville has found a way to overcome those odds all three times before. I think this 2008 HHS team's unity will be the difference in this game compared to the 2006 game moreso than the talent and speed of HHS.

No question that HHS always has more overall talent than Maryville, but Maryville has found a way to overcome those odds all three times before. I think this 2008 HHS team's unity will be the difference in this game compared to the 2006 game moreso than the talent and speed of HHS.

BurroBall you are right. Maryville's ability to play mistake free assignment football, make adjustments, and throw in a timely trick play has been the difference in many games over the last several years. If Coach Blades has the team playing better "team" ball, then it will no doubt be a very tough match-up for Maryville. Maryville is used to seeing and hearing about the better athletes from across the field, but they have not seen a better team in many years.

Bladewhiner... I was talking about the Maryville program would not be overwhelmed by speed alone. It is not about individuals from 01 & 02, it is about the program that is still in place.

BurroBall you are right. Maryville's ability to play mistake free assignment football, make adjustments, and throw in a timely trick play has been the difference in many games over the last several years. If Coach Blades has the team playing better "team" ball, then it will no doubt be a very tough match-up for Maryville. Maryville is used to seeing and hearing about the better athletes from across the field, but they have not seen a better team in many years.

Bladewhiner... I was talking about the Maryville program would not be overwhelmed by speed alone. It is not about individuals from 01 & 02, it is about the program that is still in place.

Maryville has Outstanding coaching- Great players- I am not sure that I would say that Hillsoboro does not have a chance because of what happened two years ago- Beating Henry Co is not small task- I don't think Maryville could have beaten Henry co personally- I could be wrong- I would now rank Maryville third in the state from what I have seen- If I am wrong then I will loose a 20 dollar bill over it!

Hillsboro will suprise you with your team Henry Co. didn't believe it when i said it but their skilled position players are almost always faster then the other teams. I will say that Maryville will probally have the bigger line. This game will be great Hillsboro knows what their getting into. Some of these players exp the loss to Maryville a few years back.

I will also like to say thank you to Henry Co. fans..most of the time on here when your team loses(like Boski) they get on here and talk down on the team that just beat them but not HC their rootin for us. I repect yall alot. Yall brought ALOT of fans to Hillsboro lol! some of the best fan support i've seen in high school footbhall in a long time.

now what rookie? folks just cant seem to keep my name off the keys.. just for that ..im going to convey as a gift to the donkey rat nation ..my nod of victory to hillsboro, the region 54a champs and cream of nashville ..sour cream but still cream!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> win win win!!

now you have seen so far that this has been a death sentence to teams ive picked to win. so heres to you pals!! from your pal boski!!

sorry OHS, HCHS, MHS, BHS ... maybe next year guys!!