4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

Well what else can be said... CONGRATULATIONS to a great HILLSBORO football team. Enjoy your STATE CHAMPIONSHIP you guys deserve it. Coach BLADE has done a fantastic job, good luck in the future.

MARYVILLE you guys are still Champions and you have conducted yourselves in a manner befitting champions. Your fans are extremely proud of you, the things that you young men have accomplished, others will only dream of and can never be taken away from you. The end of an era , no sir I don't think so (113 - 2 ) I know of several thousand teams who would love to have that problem. Thanks to the HILLSBORO community for being such a classy bunch of people & humble in their victory. You and your program have treated us with more respect than most any other, once again CONGRATULATIONS! 4A CHAMPIONS.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about the game is that he did not get defensive MVP. Like I have said before, that is a COMPLETELY different game without him coming off the corner.

Didn't realize he was THAT fast. Wow. Maybe 2 inches too short to play LB at the 1-A level, but I could see a 1-A team pick him up as a fullback. But if he wants to play LB it'd probably be at the 1-AA level.

I'll be completely honest and agree with you, if I had a vote, Marvin Hughes would have gotten Defensive MVP. Mainly because he just stepped up at crucial moments when HHS HAD TO HAVE someone step up (very befitting of his seniority and captain status).

However, in Aaron Bryant (#2)'s defense he did have 12 total tackles(most from either team), forced a fumble, assisted on a sack, and a HUGE interception to stop a Maryville drive late in the 3rd quarter.

As bad as I felt for our young men , everyone there had to feel happy for the sheer Joy and Excitement that the entire Hillsboro Team , Coaches , and Fans were showing as the seconds ticked away . Years of frustration melted away as those seconds ticked off . That was probably the most excited I've ever seen a team get to win the State Championship , and with all the things that the win meant , I could definitely understand why .

Congratulations once again Hillsboro , and hopefully Maryville will get to watch you guys win again several more times in the next few years , right before we go out and win a few 6A Gold balls!

dunno that i could have put it any better. it was a beautiful evening. something felt right, from the opening kickoff and throughout the game. even when things were tied up with maryville driving, for some reason, i didnt feel as though losing was an option. it felt incredible to pull this one off. (for hhs) it was a perfect ending to this rivalry and 4A chapter. maryville has caused hillsboro a tremendous amount of grief for some VERY good hillsboro teams in the past. hhs has a tremendous amount of respect for maryville, and this was oh so sweet.

honestly, i have had my doubts about blade the past few years, but he coached an amazing game with a superb gameplan. with a backup qb, blade did not ask perry to do too much. perry is not the downfield threat like young, and blade coached to perry's strengths (got him moving around the pocket, quick reads, short routes). the passing game wasnt great but it was effective. perry played admirably, i hope hes doing okay.

congratulations maryville on a great season . congratulations to hillsboro, state champs!

man, this feels good.

I'll be completely honest and agree with you, if I had a vote, Marvin Hughes would have gotten Defensive MVP. Mainly because he just stepped up at crucial moments when HHS HAD TO HAVE someone step up (very befitting of his seniority and captain status).

However, in Aaron Bryant (#2)'s defense he did have 12 total tackles(most from either team), forced a fumble, assisted on a sack, and a HUGE interception to stop a Maryville drive late in the 3rd quarter.

#2 has always been a BEAST

Maybe so, but they are still the ONLY team in Tennessee history to win 5 straight State championships.......Congrats to Hillsboro and to Maryville both for great seasons

Great. Good for Alcoa. Why don't you take that junk down to the 2A thread where it matters and we'll see you on the field next year to remind you why it's such a stretch for you to find a "victory" over us to savor.

I guess by being rubbed the wrong way , you mean Maryville branded a big" L " on your team's rear end ... right Boski ??!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously , I could care less what you think about Maryville having Class ... seeing as how you don't have a clue what that means .

lolol ... matching " L 's " ..where u gets yours?

Well, it's pretty much all been said, but I guess I just want to say it again.

First of all, congratulations to Hillsboro. You deserved to win the game, and you did what you had to do in order to accomplish that. You are champions, and you are worthy. There is no team that I would have preferred to hold that Gold Ball other than Maryville.

I didn't feel like I was watching Maryville during this game. They never started clicking, and made untimely mistakes. This is very uncharacteristic of an MHS team.

Hillsboro had great field position all night. Credit their special teams, but also the MHS D for not allowing them to punch their tickets to paydirt more than once. Unfortunately, that was all they needed.

Maryville, hold your heads high. You have accomplished much, and no doubt have learned many lessons that will serve you well in life. You are champions, and we are proud of you. Moreover, thank you. Thank you for representing our community so well on a national stage. Thank you for giving us something to love and follow and to entertain ourselves with every Friday night. What you have been a part of is special. And for those of you who will be back next year, so will we. The era hasn't ended by any stretch of the imagination.

Hillsboro, enjoy your championship. You've earned it.

Gee , we've never seen your type before .... a fan from a team that didn't even make it crying and complaining about the team that did . You and Boski just go ahead and get in line to the "Maryville Haters Club " ! After 74 games in a row the line is very , very long with losers that try to take away from another team's accomplishments in any way they can , since they failed to do it on the field . You don't see the Hillsboro fans doing this because their team has had tradition and success , the haters are usually from the teams who couldn't get it done . The more the haters cry , the more I enjoy Maryville winning , so thanks guys .

btw , even If Maryville loses tomorrow , I'll still be a happy camper , because Maryville has accomplished more than the haters teams could ever even imagine .

you wont be so happy when it all sets in ... lololol hillsboro fans ?? what who do you think you been chaten with all week? man that was funny ..a kick in there rear and its ova!! goodluck!!! oh wait to late!!