Knoxville Catholic vs. Mitchell

playoffsarecool

Congrats to Knoxville Catholic on your first Football State Championship. Our prayers are with the young man that was injured in the first quarter. We wish him a speedy recovery. Congrats to Mitchell Football Team because according to most people, you weren't suppose to be here. The players at Mitchell have so much character. When you're dealing with children, their mental state is key. After beginning the season at 0 - 4, most kids would have dropped their heads and said the h.e.l.l with it, but not these guys they kept on fighting and their payoff was great !

I agree with most of you, Coach Cole should have kept pounding KC. Mitchell rushing attack could not be stopped. I would have continued to run #28 Gibson, #4 and #6 The Hudson Twins.

3 Ints

2 Fumbles

1 lost onside kick = 6 turnovers and a loss. Mitchell lost 28 - 18 with 6 turnovers.

Well at this point that is neither here nor there. Mitchell loses only 2 starters on offense which is the FB and the center and 6 starters on defense. Mitchell will be back stronger, faster and more powerful than ever. It hurts to know that we had the game won but questionable play calling and turnovers prevented Mitchell from securing The Gold Ball.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell converts with 4 min left on a 3rd and 20, then a 4th down on that miraculous catch! I was pulling for Mitchell. #28 could not be stopped on the sweeps!!!!! WHY DID YOU THROW THAT SLANT???

Ya'll were prime and ready to punch it in down there to win the game! Ya'll were on the 30. 1st and 10. I honestly thought that was the worst play call ive ever seen. Mitchell was dominating up front with that running game at the end. I couldn't believe he threw the ball. There was no need to. I still can't get over it.

Malone is one heck of a wide reciever by the way.

I read in the Knoxville paper that the fans had state champ t-shirts on under their coats & sweatshirts. Also, the banner that was made up before the game was displayed after the win. That's just wrong. Sure am glad ya'll won...you would've felt really bad if ya'll had lost! But, guess you would've had some new rags for around the house!

Congrats KC!! I was pulling for you, and I hope you all enjoy this one. I am afraid this may be the one and only with your move to 6A. Not trying to talk smack (my older sister is a KC grad) but I don't see you getting another one.

Actually we'll play in the 5A playoffs. We were "placed" in a 6A conference.

I was really pulling for Mitchell.....while I do not know their coach and presume he is probably a perfectly nice guy, it was hard to watch some of the play calling. WHY in the world didn't the coach just have them run the dang ball??? If it ain't broke don't go trying to fix it...disaster every time. Great jobs to the Mitchell kids.

I read in the Knoxville paper that the fans had state champ t-shirts on under their coats & sweatshirts. Also, the banner that was made up before the game was displayed after the win. That's just wrong. Sure am glad ya'll won...you would've felt really bad if ya'll had lost! But, guess you would've had some new rags for around the house!

That is just SO typical of Catholic. For years they have made t-shirts in advance of big games. Some of them they have had to eat and some of them they got to use by virtue of a last second win. Don't tell the folks at Catholic that they're cocky because they'll be offended.

The sad thing is, it's not the kids or coaches who have the attitude. It's some of their parents who live vicariously through their son's football career.

You're right... it's just wrong.

That is just SO typical of Catholic. For years they have made t-shirts in advance of big games. Some of them they have had to eat and some of them they got to use by virtue of a last second win. Don't tell the folks at Catholic that they're cocky because they'll be offended.

The sad thing is, it's not the kids or coaches who have the attitude. It's some of their parents who live vicariously through their son's football career.

You're right... it's just wrong.

If that is how they want to spend their booster money, that is their business. I just wish that all you Catholic haters and bashers would just grow up. This is a class program, coaches, and a great group of parents. My daughter went to Catholic schools from kindergarten thru 12th grade at Catholic. I would not have done it any other way. The sacrifes my husband and I have made were more than worth it. There are no superstars on this team, just a bunch of great kids that have grown up in the Catholic school system all their life, I am tickled to death for them. Gp Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...just a bunch of great kids that have grown up in the Catholic school system all their life...

Just keep drinking the koolaid LUCKYCHARM. Several KEY contributors to your team have not spent their entire lives in the Catholic school system. Your QB, two of your starting RBs and handful of linemen etc. Even your best lineman came from Upper East TN with a horrendous juvenile issue to boot.

Enjoy your state championship this year... next year will be MUCH tougher!

Just keep drinking the koolaid LUCKYCHARM. Several KEY contributors to your team have not spent their entire lives in the Catholic school system. Your QB, two of your starting RBs and handful of linemen etc. Even your best lineman came from Upper East TN with a horrendous juvenile issue to boot.

Your wrong, The Williamson's go to church with me. They went to Saint Mary's in Oak ridge for a while. Older brother choose to go to Central to play basketball. Ninety percent of the team is Catholic. By the way, I don't need any kool aid to drink, thank you very much.

Agreed. Catholic got lucky this year. 3A in general was down and Catholic still had to get lucky to win. If the official doesn't miss the pass interference call in the end zone at the end of the AC game, Catholic loses. If the Austin-East players weren't conveniently suspended, Catholic loses. If White House holds on the the ball, Catholic loses. If Mitchell runs the ball for the entire game, Catholic loses. Catholic won because they got lucky an unbelievable number of times. They didn't deserve the title.

Luck of the Irish won't be enough next year, when Catholic will be playing the schools they should be playing. Have fun going 5-5 and missing the play-offs from here on out.

playoffsarecool and power sweep , hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you guys are a joke c'mon do either one of u have anything good to say? of course not you guys need to stop being babies,powersweep will see about next year i'm personally excited, playoffsarecool well i have begged you to tell me what team u cheer for but u never do so u have no room to talk. o and lucky charms don't worry about these guys they are obviously jealous.

p.s. a new region is in catholics favor a fresh set of teams who haven't seen catholic